• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

On 12/11/2019 at 10:30 AM, ygogolak said:

wFas4ue.jpg

(unless you're buying mine...)

The book already popped when he became relevant in the comics, I don't see a secondary big movie spike. Unless he is awesome in the movie.

On November 10, 2019 at 12:49 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I just picked one up because I started collecting Marvel Bronze Age Horror's and nothing to do with speculation of the MCU which I'm thinking most people are betting on.  Personally I think Dracula in the MCU would be sort of lame. I am speculative of Tomb of Dracula #44 because Doctor Strange, Blade and Dracula are in it and it might be a template of some kind for the introduction of Blade into the MCU in Doctor strange 2.

Fear #24, Blade meets Morbius, is another possible template for that.

Also, for a fun and way under the radar Drac in the Marvel universe book, Thor #333 is a cool Dracula vs Thor confrontation, contained in the single issue. Might be early copper, I can't recall offhand, but it's a bargain bin treat.

Question for the speculators out there: what are you holding in anticipation of the X-Men in the MCU? I have been holding back from selling a lot of the keys of course but I also have a lot of non key books from the 20s up to around issue 150 that I have been holding back. Sellable inventory is getting low so I was considering selling the non-key stuff. Do you think the prices will rise on the non-key silver or Claremont books when the movies are released or just the keys? 

On 12/25/2019 at 11:28 AM, rsouxlja7 said:

Question for the speculators out there: what are you holding in anticipation of the X-Men in the MCU? I have been holding back from selling a lot of the keys of course but I also have a lot of non key books from the 20s up to around issue 150 that I have been holding back. Sellable inventory is getting low so I was considering selling the non-key stuff. Do you think the prices will rise on the non-key silver or Claremont books when the movies are released or just the keys? 

If we are just talking "speculating" now is a time to buy. Sell after the trailer. If you need cash than anytime is good to sell.

16 hours ago, Key Largo Comics said:

I think a rising tide will lift all boats. I'm a buyer of x-men right now when I find bargains.

Really that's it for me too. They are really almost overpriced currently due to speculation that 
may not actually happen for several years. Prices will come down eventually due to supply.
High grade non key comics you can buy cheap can get good returns as well. Everyone
really passes over 165-200, but high grade sells well there same with 143-160.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Everyonereally passes over 165-200, but high grade sells well there same with 143-160.

I'd move that range up about 10 issues.  #175-210. Those really do suck. They're cheap for a reason. I don't see anything in that run truly breaking out. 

12 hours ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

I'd move that range up about 10 issues.  #175-210. Those really do suck. They're cheap for a reason. I don't see anything in that run truly breaking out. 

xD

About the only thing I remember from that run is Colossus fighting Juggernaut, a cool Wolverine cover on 207, and Kitty saying the N-word.

20 hours ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:
22 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Everyonereally passes over 165-200, but high grade sells well there same with 143-160.

Well that's kinda the point. I don't expect the books to ever really break out, but a high grade copy will sell well. Completists are always looking to upgrade. Other then maybe 171.

On 12/26/2019 at 11:46 PM, fastballspecial said:

Really that's it for me too. They are really almost overpriced currently due to speculation that 
may not actually happen for several years. Prices will come down eventually due to supply.
High grade non key comics you can buy cheap can get good returns as well. Everyone
really passes over 165-200, but high grade sells well there same with 143-160.

I think the prices are still low “ish” right now though have seen a spike since Disney acquired Fox.

x-men 266 though not bronze for example is fairly low at 100 bucks for a raw high grade. 

In other news Conan the Barbarian 1 is doing very well since coming back to marvel...and this seems more organic as it’s not really do to movie spec as Marvel does not even have the movie rights.

Sure a lot of talk from Arnold about wanting to do a sequel and the Netflix rumors...It’s al BS really at this point.

So yea Conan heating.

On 12/25/2019 at 11:28 AM, rsouxlja7 said:

I'd suspect early Cockrum new X-men would be the first to explode. They're already starting to creep up a little bit in 9.8. Ofcourse GSXM has already achieved takeoff. What the hell is that gonna look like if any serious news comes out :whatthe: :ohnoez:

On 12/27/2019 at 1:46 PM, Von Cichlid said:

xD

About the only thing I remember from that run is Colossus fighting Juggernaut, a cool Wolverine cover on 207, and Kitty saying the N-word.

How have I been reading/collecting comics since 1984 and didn't know that?!?

1 hour ago, Von Cichlid said:

I hid my previous post where the page from the issue was posted.  I just realized how offensive that might be to a casual onlooker.  

You could redact the word or partially redact it if you're uncomfortable with it. You should have left it up. It was a good panel from another great Claremont story X-men #196. 

They mace Kitty to keep her from phasing then the guy she called N word strangles her before Rachel Summers crashes in to save the day. The artwork in that is as 80s as it gets...the hairstyles the fashion...Holy moly lol

Edited by MGsimba77

7 hours ago, scooter99 said:

Tomb of Dracula 1 climbing nicely.  Nice to see it getting some love.  I've always loved that cover. 

I guess speculators are getting in ahead of the BBC/Netflix Dracula show?