• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

Prices for Jimmy Olsen 134 are rising very fast.

Check out the COMPLETED LISTINGS , a CGC 6.0 sold for $175 and two raw sold for $249 and $331

Thats pretty nuts. I'm glad I got my copy when I did before this madness hit. Now...to flip or not to flip hm

Easy. Flip it now and buy it back after the movie tanks and prices drop back down to 2011 levels.

Prices for Jimmy Olsen 134 are rising very fast.

Check out the COMPLETED LISTINGS , a CGC 6.0 sold for $175 and two raw sold for $249 and $331

Thats pretty nuts. I'm glad I got my copy when I did before this madness hit. Now...to flip or not to flip hm

Easy. Flip it now and buy it back after the movie tanks and prices drop back down to 2011 levels.

The flip, drop and buyback . . . :cloud9:

Iron Fist #14. I would of thought that would have generated some conversations.. We all thought that book has been dead for years. (shrug)
I was going to...but that is one book I always talk about being a X-Men, Iron Fist, and Test Variant junky wanting a nice copy.

My thought is that it heated up due to Sabretooth not being dead and Iron Fist becoming more popular in the Marvel Universe. This is a key book to collect if you are into Iron Fist or X-Men.

I also think people who collect John Byrne or Chris Claremont books would want this also.

Iron Fist #14. I would of thought that would have generated some conversations.. We all thought that book has been dead for years. (shrug)
I was going to...but that is one book I always talk about being a X-Men, Iron Fist, and Test Variant junky wanting a nice copy.

My thought is that it heated up due to Sabretooth not being dead and Iron Fist becoming more popular in the Marvel Universe. This is a key book to collect if you are into Iron Fist or X-Men.

I also think people who collect John Byrne or Chris Claremont books would want this also.

Well there you go. More than I knew about why it was so suddenly popular again. It was one of those books that I've always wanted in my collection but it seemed interest died off four or five years ago. Suddenly raw copies are selling for some serious money and the watch count for copies on eBay was pretty dang high and I couldn't figure out why.

Swamp Thing #1 is getting a lot of bids but this is NOT a 9.2 :facepalm:

Uncanny X-Men #142 FN @ $13.50 - Not bad, not bad.

Defenders #13 @ $37 - maybe because it is such a high grade?

Detective Comics #420 @ $28 - because its NM and its Neal.

Superman vs Spider-Man @ $22 - a fan favorite.

Lyria Exchange Most Watched Bronze Age Comics

Edited by whetteon

Swamp Thing #1 is getting a lot of bids but this is NOT a 9.2 :facepalm:

Uncanny X-Men #142 FN @ $13.50 - Not bad, not bad.

Defenders #13 @ $37 - maybe because it is such a high grade?

Detective Comics #420 @ $28 - because its NM and its Neal.

Superman vs Spider-Man @ $22 - a fan favorite.

Lyria Exchange Most Watched Bronze Age Comics

Nice price on the Swampie 1. I don't think it's a 9.2 either, but in theory CGC has given books like that a 9.2. I had a cgc 9.4 ASM 300 with at least 5 or 6 spine ticks like that.

$25 for the mid-grade X-Men 142? Jeez, I sold a gorgeous copy about 2 years ago and only got $25.

Defenders 13...well, JScomics always gets a premium. they're pretty good graders overall. some of the early defenders, I guess maybe into the late 20s, have been pretty undervalued in the market for a while. and remember, early in the title there was a fair amount of star power with hulk, silver surfer, namor, etc., almost on par with some of the avengers lineups of the day. it wasn't until later that the title became a haven for 3rd tier characters hanging out with the hulk (and then even later, no hulk at all). i wonder how defenders sales compared to avengers sales in the first 2 or so years of the title?