• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

On 2/21/2020 at 9:52 PM, Darkowl said:

I'm so confused by today's market. I think it used to make sense a few years back, and I was on top of what was hot, flipping like crazy, etc. 

But now? I can't make heads or tails of it.

Its a lot of new money that is being spent. Give them a year or two and new collectors will realize what to look at.
Right now many use spec sites and FB groups. Sometimes they are right and sometimes they aren't. After you get
burned a few times you start to think. I need to looking at this for myself instead of listening to someone else first.

11 hours ago, PeterPark said:

Since it's been all first appearances for years, why not stockpile classic storylines. If nothing much comes it for a while, you still have something cool. If they pop, you're a genius. Easy. 

Because that makes sense,

But instead let's guess on an unconfirmed rumor by some guy who may have walked by the set one day about some random villain thus driving up the price so I can dump my piles of $*#! on the market?

(shrug):whistle:

I heard Rocket Racer was going to have a star roll in both Amazing Spider-Man: Yet Another Day and Sony's Edge of Spider-Verse #2.  Unconfirmed by the guy at my local coffee shop who claims to have delivered coffee to the guys and animators on the set. Here's the picture.

old-man-superman-rollerblades.jpg

Now who wants to buy my 30 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #172 for a measiliy $250 before prices exploded? 

Edited by whetteon

12 hours ago, PeterPark said:

Since it's been all first appearances for years, why not stockpile classic storylines. If nothing much comes it for a while, you still have something cool. If they pop, you're a genius. Easy. 

Classic storylines work really well as trade paperbacks, you have the whole story at once. So casual fans are less likely to care to pick up the individual issues. You don't get that with first appearances.

12 hours ago, whetteon said:

But instead let's guess on an unconfirmed rumor by some guy who may have walked by the set one day about some random villain thus driving up the price so I can dump my piles of $*#! on the market?

I heard Rocket Racer was going to have a star roll in both Amazing Spider-Man: Yet Another Day and Sony's Edge of Spider-Verse #2.  Unconfirmed by the guy at my local coffee shop who claims to have delivered coffee to the guys and animators on the set. Here's the picture.

Now who wants to buy my 30 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #172 for a measiliy $250 before prices exploded? 

Any 35 cent variants? :baiting:

On 2/27/2020 at 7:46 AM, whetteon said:

In San Francisco, this guy would be naked . . . :whatthe:

It's been a while since I posted representative BA sales in this thread (I think), so here are a few BA sales over the last three months. Nothing necessarily heating, but perhaps a reflection of the marketplace? hm

On 1/26/2020 at 10:09 AM, Iqc23 said:

Finally got marvel spotlight 2 cgc 9.2 for $1200. I feel like I overpaid but am with it.  

Congrats on the pickup! Jeez, didn't know MS 2 was selling for so much now. I have GPA but just haven't been keeping up with it.   I have a cgc 9.4 white old blue label.  I guess I'll get it re-holdered. 

On 3/8/2020 at 9:03 AM, Hado said:

Marvel Two-in-one #30 you say 🤔

That was actually a pretty solid copy - should have checked with you first, but I just assumed you had one already. :bigsmile:

5 hours ago, divad said:

That was actually a pretty solid copy - should have checked with you first, but I just assumed you had one already. :bigsmile:

😂 That’s a good assumption.  I have my reader copy and a graded copy.

I really do need a nice copy of #29 for that last page though 🤔

On 3/7/2020 at 3:58 PM, divad said:

It's been a while since I posted representative BA sales in this thread (I think), so here are a few BA sales over the last three months. Nothing necessarily heating, but perhaps a reflection of the marketplace? hm

Very interesting sale here. That series has been ice cold for a while. I just recently finished my run of the series and people were heckling me for trying to complete it,

20 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Creatures on the Loose #30 has certainly exploded.

1st app of Simon Stroud (who?) and he will appear in the Morbius movie.

The price may have exploded but no one is buying at the higher prices.  The sold copies over the last couple weeks have only been in lower price sets where people are buying to pick out the 30 and sell it at a premium.

52 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

The price may have exploded but no one is buying at the higher prices.  The sold copies over the last couple weeks have only been in lower price sets where people are buying to pick out the 30 and sell it at a premium.

I agree, but some of the sales from just a few months ago are mind blowing though, $172.00 USD for a NM-?

Just now, Artboy99 said:

I agree, but some of the sales from just a few months ago are mind blowing though, $172.00 USD for a NM-?

A few months ago may as well be a lifetime away with the current state of the world.

2 hours ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

Nothing but downward arrows coming up for the next couple months on GPA imo   Too many people will be selling their comics to pay bills. With fewer takers than a month ago

Don't disagree with the Bronze age stuff continuing to decline in the short term but early Silver Age (1963) last night that I was watching didn't have any discounts vs. current market trends.