• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

On 6/4/2020 at 9:08 PM, spreads said:

I just pulled up GPA, this book is doing anything.  In fact, most sales across the board are lower than 2018 averages.  

You liar!

I just missed out on a pretty 8.5.... it sold at an LCS for $ 800.... lasted about a month. It was a pretty 8.5 though. I think all keys hibernate from time to time. That book changed the face of the market in it's day. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 8/7/2020 at 8:59 AM, mytastebud said:

Anyone have some insights on the rarity of Amazing Spider-man 101 in higher grades VF+? I've collected for 30+ years and I know the standards of rarity have been changed a lot. I remember reading in Overstreet about 15 years ago that Spider-man 50 and lower were relatively hard to find in NM and therefore a good investment. Luckily I followed that advice and found some beauties but I largely ignored early spidey bronze opting for Batman instead. 

I just looked at the census 119 in NM with 112 higher. 3661 total submissions. To me that seems low. Any advice would be great

For me a book isn't "rare" unless it rally comes up for sale. 101 VF+ is HTF in high grade but I personally do not think of it as rare. It's price ballooned when the movie was green lit. I expect it to come down like IM55 has and continues to do. I hope at least as I still need to get one.

On 8/13/2020 at 3:08 PM, musicmeta said:

Try finding the Marvel Doc Savage the Man of Bronze #2 in 9.8?   I've been looking for one for years.  No luck!
Sure most Bronze books are plentiful but some in very very high grade are not common at all. 

That's because there is absolutely no incentive for those that have high grade copies to slab them . . . :nyah:

On 8/13/2020 at 5:08 PM, musicmeta said:

Try finding the Marvel Doc Savage the Man of Bronze #2 in 9.8?   I've been looking for one for years.  No luck!
Sure most Bronze books are plentiful but some in very very high grade are not common at all. 

I don't collect BA anymore but I wanted to put together a .8 run of Ragmans.  #3 always eluded me and still no 9.8s.  I subbed a few candidates and closest I got was 9.4.  

Agree, not much incentive to sub these but even HG raws is tough like you say on some BA books.

5 hours ago, divad said:

That's because there is absolutely no incentive for those that have high grade copies to slab them . . . :nyah:

Yeah,  it's just a plain ole #2 that has that black cover.  Probably a bunch of people sitting on unread pallets of this issue but not sending in to be graded..:cry:

49 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

Yes it does..I like that cover.  I have a "potential" 9.6 copy I might send in to be graded.  Yours looks really nice.  Looks like it should have passed for a 9.8.

My old copy is the perfect 9.6.  Two teensy stress lines on the spine keep it from a 9.8, but it's got sweet cover registration and the snow white cover stock and interior pages common to the Suscha News pedigree.

13 hours ago, namisgr said:

My old copy is the perfect 9.6.  Two teensy stress lines on the spine keep it from a 9.8, but it's got sweet cover registration and the snow white cover stock and interior pages common to the Suscha News pedigree.

I happened to have two OO copies of this issue off the rack, but they weren't quite as nice as that! :applause:

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 7:59 AM, musicmeta said:

Yeah,  it's just a plain ole #2 that has that black cover.  Probably a bunch of people sitting on unread pallets of this issue but not sending in to be graded..:cry:

steranko didn't do that many covers. it's nice for that, but it is a book that probably needs to hit 9.6 or 9.8 to have a chance to recoup fees. Or maybe I have no idea.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

steranko didn't do that many covers. it's nice for that, but it is a book that probably needs to hit 9.6 or 9.8 to have a chance to recoup fees. Or maybe I have no idea.

GAP for the latest Doc Savage #2 CGC 9.6 sale shows $300.  Not bad to me anyway.  The one before that was $195.   Worth sending into me to try to get a 9.6  since I hardly paid anything for my copy.  

MS 32 is finally starting to really pop.  I've had one of my CGC 9.6s up for sale for $499 for the last few months and would have let it go for $450 but offers never crossed $400 with most in the $350 range.  New rumors this week have everyone clammering for high grade copies and the supply is disappearing.  Now the $400 offers come in droves since the last sale was for $550.  Said heck with it and just put it up for auction so we can see what the new market price is for this gem.  Wish me luck!

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

MS 32 is finally starting to really pop.  I've had one of my CGC 9.6s up for sale for $499 for the last few months and would have let it go for $450 but offers never crossed $400 with most in the $350 range.  New rumors this week have everyone clammering for high grade copies and the supply is disappearing.  Now the $400 offers come in droves since the last sale was for $550.  Said heck with it and just put it up for auction so we can see what the new market price is for this gem.  Wish me luck!

It's definitely been on the upward trend since last fall/winter :wishluck:

5 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I know I am showing my ignorance, but what book is MS 32?