• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,715 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2020 at 9:35 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Yes, but probably no. More common sure. I'm GUESSING less common in 9.8 as all newsstands presumably are. 

On 11/17/2020 at 4:07 PM, ygogolak said:

Currently 15 CGC DCP #47

8.5: 1 Direct / 2 News

9.2:  1 Direct / 2 News

9.4: 1 Direct

9.6: 3 Direct / 4 News

9.8: 1 Direct

And SOLD copies

9.8 : 7 Direct / 2 News

Even if you want to add 9.x in the HG category

9.6 : 6 Direct / 2 News

9.4 : 3 Direct / 1 News

9.2 : 3 Direct / 0 News

9.0 : 1 Direct / 0 News

Seems pretty clear to me. 

15 hours ago, eselrod said:

I picked up three of these on Wednesday from a local shop (they had I think six in total). I’m down to one, a week later, and I’m probably going to sit on it for a while. There should be tons of these out there just sitting in old long boxes, so who knows where the price will go from here, or if this could actually turn out to be an important book going forward.

In the pages shown on Bleeding Cool, Captain Universe clearly states that 'he's shadow substance through and though', and so he's not a symbiote, more Marvel's version of DC's transdimensional villain, Shadow Thief.  

A retcon, maybe, but no original intention by Mantlo and Ditko.

latest?cb=20091020035241&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by Ken Aldred

20 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

In the pages shown on Bleeding Cool, Captain Universe clearly states that 'he's shadow substance through and though', and so he's not a symbiote, more Marvel's version of DC's transdimensional villain, Shadow Thief.  

A retcon, maybe, but no original intention by Mantlo and Ditko.

latest?cb=20091020035241&f=1&nofb=1

The whole thing is bullpoop but that won't stop the hucksters from capitalizing on ignorance :facepalm:

19 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

The whole thing is bullpoop but that won't stop the hucksters from capitalizing on ignorance :facepalm:

Yup.  This year's Foom 2 / cyborg Wolverine.

51 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Going through my bronze age X-Men to determine what to sell or continue holding. What are your MCU speculation picks besides the obvious GSX1, 94, and 101? 

Wait for the reboot...I expect a lot of those to go up significantly in price...at least 94-150 or so...and of course GSX 1...

Edited by JTD

3 hours ago, herc2000 said:

If the new writer says it's a symbiote, then who are the original creators to say otherwise, lol.

Besides, I always though the first appearance was in DC, ;-).

s-l640.jpg

Good find. The symbiote does get drawn with an oily consistency, and the eye slots are perfect.

Perhaps we should get one of the Golden Age experts to take this to its logical conclusion, and find an obscure 30s / 40s reference?