• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

On 1/30/2021 at 11:56 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I have to defend myself and the other Marvel Godzilla collectors out there! It’s a fun read and a nice short run to collect. Also there are a total of 6 complete 9.8 runs in the registry! Love it hate it you have to admit that’s pretty impressive for a Bronze Age 24 issue run! It might even be the most!

Nice to see Godzilla finally getting some love from the masses.

Edited by Jordysnordy

41 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:
On 1/30/2021 at 10:56 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I have to defend myself and the other Marvel Godzilla collectors out there! It’s a fun read and a nice short run to collect. Also there are a total of 6 complete 9.8 runs in the registry! Love it hate it you have to admit that’s pretty impressive for a Bronze Age 24 issue run! It might even be the most!

Nice to see Godzilla finally getting some love from the masses.

Edited 40 minutes ago by Jordysnordy

The last two issues of Godzilla are hard to find in the wild an any grade. NM or higher is very hard. 
I can attest to that as I have been looking for years and only one one copy each of 23 and 24.
Steve Niles bought my 23 and told me he had been looking for a NM copy for years.

On 2/15/2021 at 7:56 PM, fastballspecial said:

The last two issues of Godzilla are hard to find in the wild an any grade. NM or higher is very hard. 
I can attest to that as I have been looking for years and only one one copy each of 23 and 24.
Steve Niles bought my 23 and told me he had been looking for a NM copy for years.

And they're both Avengers crossovers. :)

4 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Defenders 92 (1st Eternity) disappearing off of eBay.

Just noticed a few sold today, after getting a bid on a lot of Defenders that I've had available forever with no takers. Since every universe in the multiverse manifests as an anthropomorphic being called Eternity, I figure someone knows something about Multiverse of Madness.

3 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Uh, how can that be the 1st Eternity? ??? Is this a different character than the one that first appeared in Strange Tales 138?

Looks like the difference is between the Multiverse Eternity (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Defenders_Vol_1_92) and the 616 Eternity (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Eternity_(Earth-616))

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

1 hour ago, PeterPark said:

But is Micronauts 1 a thing yet?!? :taptaptap:

So the fact that CGC 9.8 copies have regularly been selling for $250-300..sometimes even hitting $400...despite the fact there’s half a dozen new 9.8s listed on eBay every week and 2-3 copies in every Clink auction isn’t enough of “a thing”?

Are we honestly expecting movie hype  to drive this to a $1,000 book...even though those who are working on the movie have already said it won’t look anything like the Marvel comic?

3 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

So the fact that CGC 9.8 copies have regularly been selling for $250-300..sometimes even hitting $400...despite the fact there’s half a dozen new 9.8s listed on eBay every week and 2-3 copies in every Clink auction isn’t enough of “a thing”?

Are we honestly expecting movie hype  to drive this to a $1,000 book...even though those who are working on the movie have already said it won’t look anything like the Marvel comic?

I don't often dip my toes in the CGC 9.8 pool but when sales of raw copies routinely go for $15 even when in ebay "high grade" I continue waiting...

5 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

I don't often dip my toes in the CGC 9.8 pool but when sales of raw copies routinely go for $15 even when in ebay "high grade" I continue waiting...

Eh, you see that as a negative, I see it as a positive:  there’s still a shred of sanity left in the market regarding pricing.  The fact that it’s super-ultra-common even in “high grade” still resonates. 

7 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Eh, you see that as a negative, I see it as a positive:  there’s still a shred of sanity left in the market regarding pricing.  The fact that it’s super-ultra-common even in “high grade” still resonates. 

I'm not sure what you found as negative, but I don't really look at things that way. The first post was funny because Micronauts 1 was thought to jump for Bug being in Guardians of the Galaxy and never really took off since, despite many such common books exploding. The point was more hopeful than I think you read it. Common is always relative to demand, but the demand has never come. CGC 9.8's for the prices you mention don't suggest much demand, really. (shrug)

8 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Which has more copies out there - Micronauts 1 or She-Hulk 1?  I'd think it is a toss up from what I've seen.  Eternals 1 probably are close to these two but maybe a tad less in total volumes.  She-Hulk 1 is now a $150 book in high grade and Eternals 1 is even more.  Will Micronauts 1 get to that level - I can only hope since I've still got my 50 copies chilling on ice.  I'll start selling off copies if I can start getting $30 - $40 regularly since there is no need to be greedy.