• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Which is silly. These magazines are really only oversized comic books

Comics have been so many sizes since they were introduced 100+ years ago, that being biased towards one size makes no sense.

Think about someone who would say “I don’t want that Action #1 because it’s too big. I only collect issues that are the size I’ve been able to buy since about 1968.”

Or Imagine a coin collector who says, “That’s not a coin, because it’s big. I won’t collect it.”

As I always say, “comic books” are about content, not platform.

16 minutes ago, Brock said:

Comics have been so many sizes since they were introduced 100+ years ago, that being biased towards one size makes no sense.

Think about someone who would say “I don’t want that Action #1 because it’s too big. I only collect issues that are the size I’ve been able to buy since about 1968.”

Or Imagine a coin collector who says, “That’s not a coin, because it’s big. I won’t collect it.”

As I always say, “comic books” are about content, not platform.

Barry Windsor Smith drew and published a wonderful comic called BWS Storyteller, but it was in a larger format and he got push back from retailers and Dark Horse and that eventually killed the project!

28 minutes ago, Bird said:

Barry Windsor Smith drew and published a wonderful comic called BWS Storyteller, but it was in a larger format and he got push back from retailers and Dark Horse and that eventually killed the project!

That may be my favourite series ever...

3 hours ago, Bird said:

I have a few and, yes, the size is really annoying. I have to lay them flat.

12 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

I think it is. 

which is crazy because it is super common and you could order copies from warren for $4 a pop years into the vampirella run because they printed tons extra

3 hours ago, the blob said:

I don't get it. On the other hand, from a purely money grubbing perspective, it isn't like your rampaging hulks don't sell for a chunk more than your regular generic late 70s hulks, but they are like a billion times better. I really feel like this would be better than a $15-20 book if it was hulk 207 or something: Image 1 - THE-RAMPAGING-HULK-9-SOLID-GRADE-MAGAZINE-CLASSIC-NOREM-COVER-THOR-IRON-MAN-APP

Such a great book. I don't think many know about it.

6 hours ago, the blob said:
6 hours ago, batmiesta said:

I think it is. 

which is crazy because it is super common and you could order copies from warren for $4 a pop years into the vampirella run because they printed tons extra

Not in HG . . . don't make me pull mine out! :banana:

3 hours ago, Rip said:
7 hours ago, the blob said:

I don't get it. On the other hand, from a purely money grubbing perspective, it isn't like your rampaging hulks don't sell for a chunk more than your regular generic late 70s hulks, but they are like a billion times better. I really feel like this would be better than a $15-20 book if it was hulk 207 or something: Image 1 - THE-RAMPAGING-HULK-9-SOLID-GRADE-MAGAZINE-CLASSIC-NOREM-COVER-THOR-IRON-MAN-APP

Expand  

Such a great book. I don't think many know about it.

I own 4 or 5 HG copies of this one - one of my all-time faves.:banana: