• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

Why is Machine Man 19 going for so much?  The $1500 sale is a ped but $800?  Is it because there's not many 9.8s on the census?  I was planning on listing mine until I saw the last two sales.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=machine+man+cgc+9.8&_sacat=63&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

On 3/5/2021 at 5:22 AM, 1Cool said:

Don't worry about it.  He was talking to people with 9.8 books  :baiting::)

My 9.8's bigger than your 9.8! :baiting: lol

Edited by divad

4 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Fear #20 at a good price even with the H cut in half . :whatthe: 

Fear 20 9.6

In Dec. a Fear 20 9.6 sold for $300 (BIN) with even less of the H showing.

It's old news, but fyi for those who may have missed it, Fear 11 has also been hot.  TV/Movie spec stuff [first app. Kale, or nexus maybe].

Again, old-ish news, but interesting - back to the Morbius run, Fear 24 (w Blade) has also seen quite a bit of increased demand the past month or two.  A Voldy 9.6 sold via feebay-auction last month for $128, and raws in FN+ to VF are running up to around $50 through near $80 for the nicest.

10 minutes ago, godzilla43 said:

I don't think that Fear 20 9.6 for 300$ is high. You are talking about comic from 1974 which is a little key (first Mobius run) and in 9.6.

Especially if it was a "tight period" 9.6 ... GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 hour ago, godzilla43 said:

I don't think that Fear 20 9.6 for 300$ is high. You are talking about comic from 1974 which is a little key (first Mobius run) and in 9.6.

Just surprised because I only paid half that not long ago for mine.... with a full H.:bigsmile:

I think it's really weird that all these issues, that are minor 1st appearance of characters no one has ever cared about are suddenly becoming $50+ books, things like Defenders 112.

It seems every week, some random bronze age comic is now the next big hot book. I remember years back, some people would push certain books, because they had a nice stash of them. Now on key collector, they mention just something, suddenly it's a collectible key no matter how unpopular it has been for the past ++years. I'm wondering, if someone on that site, buys up lots of $1-$3 unimportant 1st appearances of characters no one knows or cares about, then when they've got a long box, do a blog about that issue, then everyone jumps on the bandwagon and buys them up, prices falsely rise because of the sheep, dealers and ebayers who know no better, all the while, who's laughing all the way to the bank?

I have harped ion about this too, I don't see the point in buying a book that was $3 last week but is %50 this week because of rumours eg The White Rabbit , I mean who actually gives a :censored: ?  That is just one of many examples, I can understand sellers cashing in, and good luck to them, its the people buying them that baffles me.O.o

Master of Kung Fu #115 - all copies on Ebay UK got bought up on 26th Feb (about 10 copies)

Shortly after the 1st Death Dealer announcement who may be appearing in Falcon / Winter Soldier.

All sold at around $5.  Now up for sale at $50 but not selling, who knows? If you've got them....

EDIT**

Crikey! Just checked the sold listings on Ebay.com

Edited by TheSpud

16 hours ago, godzilla43 said:

Do you mean first issue of the Morbius run in Fear, or first Morbius solo series at all?  Because his run in Vampire Tales started before the Fear run.  Although he wasn't on the first two covers (other than holding the brand emblem), which may drive down the demand.

6 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Do you mean first issue of the Morbius run in Fear, or first Morbius solo series at all?  Because his run in Vampire Tales started before the Fear run.  Although he wasn't on the first two covers (other than holding the brand emblem), which may drive down the demand.

You are right but maybe people dismiss Vampire Tales because it is a magazine? Like they do with Marvel Super Special 16?
Fear 20 has been for at least 5-6 years a 40$ comic in VF-NM. So 9.6 for 150$ is a deal and even 300$ ain't that bad. I think the market is saying that they don't care at all for Morbius and only reason that  ASM101 is valuable is that it is a Spider-Man key. I would not put any big bucks for Morbius books but you offer me a early bronze key in 9.6 for 150$ yeah I might buy it also even thou I don't have any slabbed books.

Edited by godzilla43

15 hours ago, TheSpud said:

Master of Kung Fu #115 - all copies on Ebay UK got bought up on 26th Feb (about 10 copies)

Shortly after the 1st Death Dealer announcement who may be appearing in Falcon / Winter Soldier.

All sold at around $5.  Now up for sale at $50 but not selling, who knows? If you've got them....

EDIT**

Crikey! Just checked the sold listings on Ebay.com

:facepalm:

15 minutes ago, littledoom said:

https://www.cbr.com/hbo-max-titans-season-3-titles/

she’s going to be in the show 

Thanks.  I've still got a couple dozen in the boxes that I better get scanned this week.  I doubt the window to maximize prices will be open for very long - but I do love the cover so even if they drop I'll have that going for me.