• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

It’s a $700 book in 9.6

Not exactly cheap 

Not exactly lighting the world on fire in mid grades though, it's easily had for $20-30. In terms of decent bronze keys (which I think it is, it's not quite as big as Iron Fist but not as insignificant as say the Living Mummy) I'd say it's definitely on the low end of the spectrum. 

1 hour ago, AJLewandoski said:

Not exactly lighting the world on fire in mid grades though, it's easily had for $20-30. In terms of decent bronze keys (which I think it is, it's not quite as big as Iron Fist but not as insignificant as say the Living Mummy) I'd say it's definitely on the low end of the spectrum. 

That’s funny you say that. I may have thought Deathlok was cooler than what he was and was way more popular than Iron Fist, at least in the 90’s.

Am I remembering this wrong?

Deathlok, Killraven, The Shroud, Paladin, Dominic Fortune, Man-Thing, Jack of Hearts, White Tiger, all characters that are currently seriously undervalued and whose 1st appearances are still very cheap but whom could see a significant bump as they present interesting potential for TV shows or movies

Fummy you should mention

I was putting astonishing tales 25 against an xmen 52 for next weeks purchase lol

But I out it in nova territory so the highest I'm going is a comfortable 8.5 (thumbsu

Of course I'm mostly in for the long hall, although selling some stuff is tempting, coulda shoulda bought doubles totriple!  :banana:

!

6 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I  was just thinking over lunch that this guy's 1st appearance is probably really undervalued with Wolverine and Punisher prices being where they are.

deathlok_debut.jpg

sure. i wish they would because i  always bought his early stuff. but they never did a great job with the character. he was interesting briefly in the 90s when he had his series, but it got blehhh. nothing seems to stick with him. Nothing about him on Agents of SHIELD made him all that interesting.

41 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

Deathlok, Killraven, The Shroud, Paladin, Dominic Fortune, Man-Thing, Jack of Hearts, White Tiger, all characters that are currently seriously undervalued and whose 1st appearances are still very cheap but whom could see a significant bump as they present interesting potential for TV shows or movies

I haven’t heard of half of those characters, I’m going to have to look them and get to reading! 🙂

2 minutes ago, BrooksR said:
44 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

I haven’t heard of half of those characters, I’m going to have to look them and get to reading! 🙂

I assume it's the same dominic fortune that is in marvel preview #2, which is a pretty good rear, if only for the 1st origin of the punisher :foryou:

1 hour ago, FormerReader said:

That’s funny you say that. I may have thought Deathlok was cooler than what he was and was way more popular than Iron Fist, at least in the 90’s.

Am I remembering this wrong?

No definitely right, in the 90s Deathlok was much more popular I'd say. I don't think Iron Fist had an ongoing series in the 90s? After Heroes for Hire finished its run, and Luke Cage got rebranded as CAGE I think Iron Fist had kinda just fizzed out. 

4 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:

Prices for those mid grades are a chunk higher now than in january

2 hours ago, pickycollector said:

1st man thing is likely $1k++ in 9.4. 7.0s are over $500. 

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I assume it's the same dominic fortune that is in marvel preview #2, which is a pretty good rear, if only for the 1st origin of the punisher :foryou:

Isn’t it Marvel Super Action (magazine) #1 — origin of Punisher, 1st Dominic Fortune, 1st Weirdworld, 1st Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird — a four-bagger mag!

Also, speaking of the title, looks like the regular-size comic Marvel Super Action #18 (Avengers 57 reprint) is now a thing too.

Just now, Readcomix said:

Isn’t it Marvel Super Action (magazine) #1 — origin of Punisher, 1st Dominic Fortune, 1st Weirdworld, 1st Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird — a four-bagger mag!

Also, speaking of the title, looks like the regular-size comic Marvel Super Action #18 (Avengers 57 reprint) is now a thing too.

That's the 2nd time the origin is printed according to the cgc label

marvel preview 2 is the first according to the cgc label

3204814_Full_Obv.jpg