• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Aww - thanks!  A compliment from Hector is like gold.

I typically buy the books I like and I've been pretty lucky in terms of getting them cheap.  I've been buying up Elfquest books for years (I love the magazines and the 1st appearance) so lets keep our fingers crossed those won't be duds.

There's no question fantasy quarterly 1 will skyrocket at some point

3 hours ago, batmiesta said:

So you would be happy to buy mine for $850 ?:flipbait:

I said $838 is reasonable and you want to sell me one for $850?

$838 is very reasonable for someone else. Not me. I will be selling my mid-grade copy. Maybe the stars will align and I can get $20.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

So GS x-men 1 9.2 is around $9500.. Nearly double since January.. A 1.0 just sold for $1650?? That makes no sense. That ratio is like the old 1:2:3 good/fine/nm ratio.

What’s the the old 1:2:3 good/fine/nm ratio?

4 hours ago, the blob said:

I said $838 is reasonable and you want to sell me one for $850?

$838 is very reasonable for someone else. Not me. I will be selling my mid-grade copy. Maybe the stars will align and I can get $20.

I was only pulling your pisser.:bigsmile:

Edited by batmiesta

42 minutes ago, Brock said:

I don’t think it’s been mentioned here yet, but Machine Man #7 is picking up. It’s the first appearance of the Power Broker, with connections to Falcon and Winter Soldier.

thanks. now i have to find the unsorted box with my machine mans. i had been looking for #19s and didn't have any, but i think i have 7s...

11 hours ago, Brock said:

I don’t think it’s been mentioned here yet, but Machine Man #7 is picking up. It’s the first appearance of the Power Broker, with connections to Falcon and Winter Soldier.

#6 1st cameo is also selling well.

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

I was selling some Caps on Ebay last week & I discovered this little gem.  Cap 126. 

First, it is the 5th appearance of Falcon (so it's early Falcon), but most importantly..... it is the first time Falcon dons Captain America's Suit and takes up the Shield.  It also has great Gene Colan art which helps it out too.

Here's the panel where he dons the suit.

Curiously, this little fact wasn't put on the CGC labels or addressed in the OSG so it's been flying under the radar.

I think most people think that Captain America 25 from the 2014 series is the 1st time Sam dons the costume, but they're wrong.

FullSizeRender-95.jpeg

It doesn’t sell beyond $40-50. it could still spike higher. Anyone know what this $100 best offer sold for? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203293129377

Edited by littledoom

1 minute ago, littledoom said:
1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

I was selling some Caps on Ebay last week & I discovered this little gem.  Cap 126. 

First, it is the 5th appearance of Falcon (so it's early Falcon), but most importantly..... it is the first time Falcon dons Captain America's Suit and takes up the Shield.  It also has great Gene Colan art which helps it out too.

Here's the panel where he dons the suit.

Curiously, this little fact wasn't put on the CGC labels or addressed in the OSG so it's been flying under the radar.

I think most people think that Captain America 25 from the 2014 series is the 1st time Sam dons the costume, but they're wrong.

FullSizeRender-95.jpeg

Expand  

It doesn’t sell beyond $40-50. it could still spike higher. Anyone know what this $100 best offer sold for? 

Edited just now by littledoom

image.thumb.png.322cccb2f0499b9fe35fe527fd37b926.png

11 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Two sales at $55 and $59.99.. the higher one is maybe a 6.0-6.5? The other one is also mid grade with a wonky spine. So I think it is triple digits for a really nice looking raw copy if one comes up. Frankly, I don't have a guide in front of me, but isn't that what it is in guide in NM?

Edited by the blob

On 3/26/2021 at 8:59 AM, the blob said:

thanks. now i have to find the unsorted box with my machine mans. i had been looking for #19s and didn't have any, but i think i have 7s...

so, the #7 I have is one of the nicest BA books in my collection, by some miracle. As I have no experience submitting 9.8s, I can't claim anything, but this thing looks perfect. It is a part of a whole run of pristine Machine Mans I bought at some point. But by the time I got it back from CGC it will likely be "Power who?"

I was wondering why Marvel Premiere 49 has not done much, although a copy just sold for $40, which is a big jump: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Premiere-49-Falcon-Comic-Near-Mint-NM-/133698013547?hash=item1f2105c96b%3Ag%3AayoAAOSwePpeUItf&nma=true&si=BZbpsjZvXBDBh7scMVfgI%2BAabNw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I can't seem to magnify the scan and don't know the seller, so I have no idea if the buyer thought it may be better than the NM- listed.

If they just have Banshee or Deathlok appear in episode 6 I am a made man! (I found another two Cap 287s to add to my hoard!) (Deathlok is hardly out of the question as he is exactly the type of character who would be providing assistance to F and WS as he is a SHIELD free lancer (at least as of his last tv appearance), but having 2 cyborgs, one with built in rocket launchers, might be too much, and it doesn't sound like they're ready to start dragging the SHIELD folks back in (seriously, you have a show that runs 7 seasons and you bury it six feet under?)

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

I really don’t want to sell off my OO copy. It would break a full complete run I have! 

B67C1BE8-BAD4-45D3-BE18-603181E942A7.thumb.jpeg.04ece2ad92d7fc5dff02e50824e01bc3.jpeg

1F347872-6FBA-4A44-8F95-B79FA99D046A.thumb.jpeg.56b01d5b97ae5885fd8ff97bfae532b5.jpeg

I see at least 4 different artists on that cover. I’d love to see the original art.