• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales from the Island of Serendip
4 4

8,956 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Hope it's not too warm down under, Duffman! Saunders was extraordinarily prolific - more card sets!

There were several Batman card series based on the popular television series starring Adam West and Burt Ward. Never saw these here in the UK...

Hot here, just had a large thunderstorm pass. About 28c at 23.07.

I am going to take issue with you here. I have LOTS of card sets. The four Batman sets, Civil War News, Addams Family, Combat I and II, Terror Tales, James Bond blah blah blah.

Now you have revealed to me hitherto unknown sets that, while I know I should resist the urge, also know in my heart I will have to secure.

Thanks a bunch lol

49 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Those war cards have some brutal scenes, any of those objected to and redrawn like in the Mars Attack set?

I believe the Civil War News Set raised similar objections but have not come across any indications of redrawn cards.

http://www.civilwarcollector.ca/topps-civil-war-cards.html

Later, he painted images for the Topps’ Wacky Packages series, which would go on to be one of their best-selling card collections.Wacky Packages are a series of humorous trading cards featuring parodies of consumer products. T he cards were produced by Topps beginning in 1967, usually in a sticker format. There were 16 series produced between 1967 and 1976, with some reprints and new series released up to the present day.

At the height of their popularity in 1973–1974, Wacky Packages outsold baseball cards, when they were by far the most sold trading card items in the United States.

Wacky Packages was Norman Saunders' last major art project, and also his biggest popular success. He began them in 1967 with the "die-cuts" and he continued to paint them until the 16th series in 1976.

1065_wacky_packages_1200.jpg