• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales from the Island of Serendip
4 4

8,956 posts in this topic

I used to have a large green book on dinosaurs that I read so many times the pages started coming out but that didn't stop me from reading it many more times. Now the old beasts have new names, many more amazing creatures have been discovered, and the field still fascinates me. Your selection of art is wonderful as always and I hope that there will be more to come.

The sheer range and quality of paleo art these days is striking. Though they clearly seek to establish a high degree of fidelity, they also seem willing to take huge imaginative leaps.

That is perhaps best exemplified in the vibrant and highly individualistic work of the next three artists...

LUIS V RAYE

Luis%20V%20Rey%20epidendro1_zps7pce0sp5.jpg

Thanks Mike!

Dinosaurs are the essence of cool aren't they? These artists bring them so vividly to life, it is hard to accept that they have been gone so long.

I find the sheer attention to surface detail and texture in the next artist's work to be quite exceptional. It's as though he had taken a digital camera into the distant past.

JULIUS T. CSOTONYI

Julius%20Csotonyi%201130576_zpszxyrnesg.jpg