• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,812 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2017 at 7:18 PM, Obi-Wan said:

Yes Queens. I will take your word for it and Google if there's any small mom and pop shops I've missed.

I do agree that there is alot available but everything is really over priced and I get cheaper on the bay.

One advantage I do like is using Comic Conect which is actually Metropolis Collectibles so if a bid is accepted they will hold it for 2 weeks until I come in person to pay cash. Then if it's a high end book I can see with my own eyes to verify grade.

Also I should do more research  for what is "small but a good investment" to find those gems you say I'm missing.

Any suggestions? Like that might be fount in 2 buck box. 

Thanks

Go to Koch warehouse and find tens of thousands 10-20$ books for 1-3$

problem with most 10-20$ books is there are usually many listed online and you'd either have to auction them and likely sell at 5-7$ To move them quick or sit on them for months.

7 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Go to Koch warehouse and find tens of thousands 10-20$ books for 1-3$

problem with most 10-20$ books is there are usually many listed online and you'd either have to auction them and likely sell at 5-7$ To move them quick or sit on them for months.

Holy moly!! 41st Brooklyn...I did not know of its existence.  I googled and saw all those long boxes!!!! Yup after this hectic holiday weekend, I'm there. 

Thank you for that.

Btw your kinda famous on this forum. Lots of good contribution and good arguments. Thanks

Btw doubling money on a 1-3 dollar book is a good start for me.

Edited by Obi-Wan

20 minutes ago, Obi-Wan said:

Holy moly!! 41st Brooklyn...I did not know of its existence.  I googled and saw all those long boxes!!!! Yup after this hectic holiday weekend, I'm there. 

Thank you for that.

Btw your kinda famous on this forum. Lots of good contribution and good arguments. Thanks

Btw doubling money on a 1-3 dollar book is a good start for me.

Koch has a B Friday sale today as well as tomorrow from 12-7pm

He has tons of signed books (Meltdown #1 signed limited ed by the entire creative team for 3$ comes to mind), tons of Marvel Bronze UK price variants for cheap, tons of obscure fanzines and treasuries. I mean, plan to lose a whole day there and you still wont be done

Best

A&L

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

Koch has a B Friday sale today as well as tomorrow from 12-7pm

He has tons of signed books (Meltdown #1 signed limited ed by the entire creative team for 3$ comes to mind), tons of Marvel Bronze UK price variants for cheap, tons of obscure fanzines and treasuries. I mean, plan to lose a whole day there and you still wont be done

Best

A&L

Yea in a place like that I will be all day until my fingertips are black with dust and dirt from the older mylars. 

Maybe even till my fingers bleed unfortunately I'm going to miss the sale due to Christmas shopping today and Sat. for the kids.

Infinity Gauntlet seems to be picking up some serious steam over the last week.  Copies of #1 are selling for $25 - $30 in nice shape and sets are going for $80 - $90 which seems higher then I remember. 

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Infinity Gauntlet seems to be picking up some serious steam over the last week.  Copies of #1 are selling for $25 - $30 in nice shape and sets are going for $80 - $90 which seems higher then I remember. 

We have been selling #2-6 for $25 CDN apiece the past two years at shows, and #1 is a solid $40 in NM-. Sets have been going for $120 - $150 during the same timeframe.

Wow - my #1s have been sitting for awhile for $22 - $25 a piece and 3 have sold this week so I assumed it was taking off.  The #1s have sat for at least 4 or 5 months at the $25 price tag.  And I thought the set was more in the $60 - $70 range.  Even with the conversion you guys have been making some nice sales up north.

3 hours ago, kimik said:

How many sets are you willing to part with at $60 USD apiece? Drop me a PM as I am interested. 

I’ve got a few sets but the new price looks to be in the $85 range.  I’ll send you a PM and see if you are interested at that price.

15 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I’ve got a few sets but the new price looks to be in the $85 range.  I’ll send you a PM and see if you are interested at that price.

This is why you suck at selling.

23 minutes ago, greggy said:

This is why you suck at selling.

Why?  PM me if you want to discuss it since I'm curious why you say this.  I bought the sets for $25 or so and to me selling them for $85 is a home run.  Bought a stack of #1s for $5 so selling them for $25 a piece does not seem like a bad deal to me.

26 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Why?  PM me if you want to discuss it since I'm curious why you say this.  I bought the sets for $25 or so and to me selling them for $85 is a home run.  Bought a stack of #1s for $5 so selling them for $25 a piece does not seem like a bad deal to me.

140% ROI is a pretty good return. Especially if you can unload multiples all to one seller. Or you can sit on them, hoping to sell them at $85 on eBay and pay those fees and have to ship them to multiple people as individual sets.

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

140% ROI is a pretty good return. Especially if you can unload multiples all to one seller. Or you can sit on them, hoping to sell them at $85 on eBay and pay those fees and have to ship them to multiple people as individual sets.

140%?  The $5 for $25 is 500 and the $25 for $85 is 340%.  It would probably be better to get everything graded but sometimes I just want to get cash in hand and only grade the top 20%. 

8 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

$25 to $60

Ah - I think $60 would be a wholesale price at this point especially if they are NM copies.  $85 seems like the median price and I do see it going up to $100 when people stop talking about Infinity War and go on to Infinity Gauntlet.  Infinity War sets have of course been selling well also.  I bought a bunch for $10 a set and they sell quickly for $40.  Of course some nut just bid up a set up to $82 so maybe even that set will be going up.

15 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Ah - I think $60 would be a wholesale price at this point especially if they are NM copies.  $85 seems like the median price and I do see it going up to $100 when people stop talking about Infinity War and go on to Infinity Gauntlet.  Infinity War sets have of course been selling well also.  I bought a bunch for $10 a set and they sell quickly for $40.  Of course some nut just bid up a set up to $82 so maybe even that set will be going up.

Now is when you want to be selling though.

26 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Now is when you want to be selling though.

Definetely - don't be caught holding on to a ton of sets when the movie comes out.  Infinity War is everywhere and I don't think people will be ponying out $40 for high grade sets in the future.  Thanks for the reminder.  I think I've got 3 sets left I have to post up for sale lol