• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,771 posts in this topic

Can't this one heat up? My shop has like 20 really nice copies bagged and boarded I have set aside from the 3 for $2 box. I know, I already have a few from 25 years ago I bought for cover price (brilliant). Seemed like a great idea at the time.

s-l1600.jpg

8 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Why would these be hard to find in 9.8? I know they were worthless for a long time, but before that they were carefully bagged and boarded.

Harby 8 seems likely to take a downward trajectory now that people realize there is a market for 9.8 Unity issues. There's never been any real heat on the Unity issues themselves, only the pre-Unity ones (like issue 6). By the time Unity came out the entire line was being over-ordered so these books are out there and in quantity. Guess we'll see.

28 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

Harby 8 seems likely to take a downward trajectory now that people realize there is a market for 9.8 Unity issues. There's never been any real heat on the Unity issues themselves, only the pre-Unity ones (like issue 6). By the time Unity came out the entire line was being over-ordered so these books are out there and in quantity. Guess we'll see.

I agree.  Harbinger #8 wasn't "worth slabbing" (the reason for the low census numbers). It's needed for CGC set completion of the 1992 Unity storyline, but it isn't a special book otherwise.  I don't expect Harbinger #8 (or #9) to be more expensive than Harbinger #7 for long ... and all of those should be significantly below Harbinger #6 (with intact coupon).

8 hours ago, ygogolak said:

#6 - 38

#8 -19

#8 was a 50 cent box book printed in the trillions, that's why.  who would have submitted it other than someone who wants 1- 10 in slabs or something? 6 is relatively common too, but nothing like 8. more like a $1-$2 box book.

there are only 15 harbinger 20s in 9.8 and 23 #14s. doesn't make either a rare book in that grade. they are worthless books nobody bothered to submit.  there are 21 copies of brigade 1 in 9.8. not rare. my LCS might have 20 raw 9.8s sitting in his cheap-o box right now.

On 10/15/2017 at 8:03 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Picked these up from a dealer at a local show today. One of the 10 MIGHT be a 9.4, but the rest aren’t even close. You may be on to something here......

1EA57E7E-1295-4ABA-A5DC-983FF1D37AE0.jpeg

Web of Spider-man #36 CGC 9.8 is at $351 in the Clink auction with time left (not my book, just recalling that we discussed it being tough in 9.8).

1 hour ago, the blob said:

#8 was a 50 cent box book printed in the trillions, that's why.  who would have submitted it other than someone who wants 1- 10 in slabs or something? 6 is relatively common too, but nothing like 8. more like a $1-$2 box book.

there are only 15 harbinger 20s in 9.8 and 23 #14s. doesn't make either a rare book in that grade. they are worthless books nobody bothered to submit.  there are 21 copies of brigade 1 in 9.8. not rare. my LCS might have 20 raw 9.8s sitting in his cheap-o box right now.

In regards to the Harbinger's, seems like you should seek them out and submit. Easy cash, right?
In regards to Brigade, if someone starts paying $100 for them, I'm sure more will be submitted. But you're right. They aren't worth it currently. A Cable #1 from the first ongoing recently sold for $100 or something. And I pulled at least 10 out of a quarter box a couple years ago, so.....

On 1/31/2018 at 6:49 PM, ygogolak said:

In regards to the Harbinger's, seems like you should seek them out and submit. Easy cash, right?
In regards to Brigade, if someone starts paying $100 for them, I'm sure more will be submitted. But you're right. They aren't worth it currently. A Cable #1 from the first ongoing recently sold for $100 or something. And I pulled at least 10 out of a quarter box a couple years ago, so.....

Important to note that those Harbinger's were advertised for sale on the valiant forum.

On 2/3/2018 at 8:27 AM, fastballspecial said:

Valiant currently would be the last books I would be submitting currently. A lot of uncertainity on those titles right now.
I urge restraint.

Discussion about Harbinger #8 on the Valiant board pointed out that a lot of copies have a wavy/ripply cover so the 9.8s may be harder than just submitting more copies.

On 1/31/2018 at 7:49 PM, ygogolak said:

I did pull a nice #8 out of one of my boxes this weekend like about 1,000 other guys probably did after seeing those auction results. The 6 I pulled would not make the cut. In typical ebay fashion I should list it as a likely $493 book of the future....

23 minutes ago, Sdmeyer11 said:

Anyone else notice the recent sale prices for a CGC 9.8 X-Force 1 on eBay? Two sold for $250 and one for $175. Anomaly?..or I guess I should say anomalies?

here you go:

Edited by darkstar