• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,772 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I was actually shocked that the seller pitted me against a different buyer for that listing I just mentioned. I was positive he would take the offer for 40$ and was laughing my off when he said he has another buyer interested in the set and shot me an offer for $80. I told him thanks but no thanks. The next thing I knew it was sold for 75 within minutes after we last spoke

That listing is interesting because it's clearly an Elfquest collector, early, since it has 1st printings for #3 - #5 and #1... but even that collector, whomever it was, didn't get a 1st print of #2.

1 hour ago, 1p36DSA said:

Spider-Ham is pretty funny and actually has a following, and sure is to pick up with the push of the spider-verse movie and comics

I like how Spider-Ham is actually earlier than the Simpsons Spider-Pig, so this is a case where the Simpsons didn't do it first. :kidaround:

12 hours ago, Lazyboy said:
13 hours ago, Plantman said:

Marvel Tails #1 is going ham on eBay. A fine copy sold for $49.99. 

:facepalm: It would be nice if people could at least pretend they aren't stupid.

Without getting into it too much, I think its pretty clear we're all waaaaay past pretending anymore.

So like over month ago I was buying some x-men related books from ebay and to "save" in postage fees I looked what else the seller had. He had NM starslayer 2 for like 9€. So I bought that. Soon I kinda got a buyers remorse that did I really need that etc. so I checked local market website if there is starslayer 2 for sale to maybe justify my  purchase. I found a lot with unknown comics that had starslayer 2 and the comics lot was 8€ and cos the seller had also Big Hero 6 which is kinda X-men related for 8€ I was like maybe I just buy those also. He had also couple spider-man issue for 5€. I was like well spider-man wedding issue is kinda nice and there is one of those anniversary covers and well spider-ham..  So I bought those also. Because the seller was also living the same city I thought that maybe just meet seller and save couple bucks in postage fees. It took a month because of my and sellers work schedule but it was kinda funny to see now that spider-ham is the most valuable book of the bunch :D

spiderham.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:34 PM, 1Cool said:

Didn't Hectors book sell for $187 or am I missing something with all the clicks necessary to see it.

Oh - I see.  He sold a 346 and 347 Newsstand for a nice hefty premium.  He said he didn't get many 9.8s that go around so good for him.

I did great on these and honestly thought the buyers were the typical shillers trying to manipulate GPA but both paid and books have been received.

I've been doing really good with copper newstands in high grade.

3 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I did great on these and honestly thought the buyers were the typical shillers trying to manipulate GPA but both paid and books have been received.

I've been doing really good with copper newstands in high grade.

bleed the vein until it is dry! good for you

Most people laugh at Spider-Ham.  It’s a “throw away” title.  It’s genuinely tough in HG.  

I love the book.  It’s the first comic I had a subscription to.  It’s a “niche” as it gets, to be sure.  But, there are collectors.  I buy copies whenever I find them.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if Disney ends up making a show out of it.