• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,772 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2018 at 4:08 PM, divad said:

Okay, here's a few "CA" books that have sold for good prices:

Once again, as always, you CANNOT USE THE OUTLIER to define the market. ALL other sales of ASM 258 on eBay were under $21. A single outlier sale DOES NOT set the market.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:47 PM, Lazyboy said:

Holy :censored:!

I'm not sure which is worse; somebody paying $30 for a copy of Excalibur 1, or calling a book with fingerprints (in extraordinary quantities, to boot) a 9.4. :sick:

Maybe it's the buyer leaving positive feedback that is actually the worst. :facepalm:

Criminey, at some point I stopped bothering buying that book out of $1 boxes, now it is worth something?

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I know it doesn't exactly fit in the topic, but with all the Elfquest talk, I just had to share what came from FL today! I bought it on a whim for $48 in April on ebay. Had no clue it would be a 9.8 with that bottom corner...….

38427962_2273024319390800_1325458621584113664_n.jpg

CCA2710D-580E-43AF-BC81-21D40D54D8D8.jpeg

They must have concluded that this rat chew occurred while the book was still on the printing press?

Just now, the blob said:

They must have concluded that this rat chew occurred while the book was still on the printing press?

It looked like a normal slightly abraded corner until they slabbed it. It looks 100x worse now. All I have to do is convince the buyer of the same………….

Just now, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

It looked like a normal slightly abraded corner until they slabbed it. It looks 100x worse now. All I have to do is convince the buyer of the same………….

That sucks. Not getting a 9.8 anyway though.

4 hours ago, PeterPark said:

The flying one doesn't say books are trending if they're not, so I wouldn't say he's the pot.

I don't see the word "trending" anywhere . . . hm

35 minutes ago, divad said:

Guess that would be covered by either heating up which is trending up or selling well which generally also means trending up. I always thought that was the point of the thread. Didn't think solitary outliers went along with the zeitgeist. (shrug)

Edited by PeterPark

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, FlyingDonut said:
On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:08 PM, divad said:

Okay, here's a few "CA" books that have sold for good prices:

Once again, as always, you CANNOT USE THE OUTLIER to define the market. ALL other sales of ASM 258 on eBay were under $21. A single outlier sale DOES NOT set the market.

Agreed this isn't the market price, but the bleed price. Its basically self promotion as some of those prices are ridiculous for those books. 

14 hours ago, divad said:

According to many here, everyone of my sales is an "outlier." :wink:

They are. Your sales model is fine - it works for you, so congratulations - but all of the sales you're referencing are outliers in the greater scheme of things. They do not set the market, nor do they show anything outside of a great sale for you. Take the Excalibur 1 sale, for example. Huge props to you for selling one for five to six times what all the other eBay sales are.

Hell, HUGE props to you for selling a book for double what Mile High has it for. That's actually pretty amazing. Someone bought a book from  you - again, congrats - for twice what Mile High Comics has it listed for, with the realization that there are literally thousands of posts on this message board talking about Mile High's insane pricing.

21 hours ago, divad said:

You don't have to see the word "trending"; you just have to be familiar with the English language. "Heating" and "Selling" suggest a continuous tense – that is "a trend" – if there are *repeated* sales. The title doesn't say "Sold Well"

3 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

I would absolutely buy every copy of Excalibur #1 for $1 that I found. No question.

That was a hot, hot, HOT book in early 1989...more valuable in the OPG than Wolverine #1 and PWJ #1, which came out near it.