• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,812 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

One of your favorite stories...which I love...was that on Memorial Day, 1993, you had a stack of Magnus #0s, and you couldn't keep them around...and by Labor Day, you couldn't give them away. Summer of 1992 was just a bit early for the madness.

d'oh. Senior moment. All of these memories aer Summer 1993.

5 hours ago, kimik said:

I just picked up a collection that has a lower grade Hulk #1 (missing centrefold and some color touch). The owner said he traded a spare Magnus #12 for it in 1993. (thumbsu

That's what I'm talking about.

On 8/31/2018 at 5:47 PM, kimik said:

I just picked up a collection that has a lower grade Hulk #1 (missing centrefold and some color touch). The owner said he traded a spare Magnus #12 for it in 1993. (thumbsu

True story: Back in 1993, right before things started going downhill for Valiant, I traded a guy an X-O Manowar #1 and Rai #3 and #4 for a VF Conan The Barbarian #1, and NM copies of Conan #2 and #3 and a VG Amazing Spider-Man 129.

I think this one is about to start moving up...1st full appearance of Thalos...Captain Marvel main villain with pics that came out today. His cameo appearance is in Hulk #418 but first full appearance and cover is Hulk #419. Sounds like these are his only 2 appearances until he reappears in the Annihilation storyline....HMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm...:popcorn:

It's a 1994 book, so depending on your definition of "Copper Age"...:baiting:

latest?cb=20080831231913

Captain-Marvel-Skrulls.jpg

Edited by AGGIEZ

Every bedtime story nowadays I tell my youngest involves skrulls at some point. They are disposable villians. I usually have them getting incinerated at the end of the story or imprisoned on the SHIELD Hello Kitty Carrier. 

1 minute ago, the blob said:

Every bedtime story nowadays I tell my youngest involves skrulls at some point. They are disposable villians. I usually have them getting incinerated at the end of the story or imprisoned on the SHIELD Hello Kitty Carrier. 

HA! I just can't help but believe the next wave for Marvel movies is going to center around the Skrulls...likely the Secret Invasion storyline...and maybe the Annihilation storyline for the cosmic side.

3 hours ago, AGGIEZ said:

I think this one is about to start moving up...1st full appearance of Thalos...Captain Marvel main villain with pics that came out today. His cameo appearance is in Hulk #418 but first full appearance and cover is Hulk #419. Sounds like these are his only 2 appearances until he reappears in the Annihilation storyline....HMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm...:popcorn:

latest?cb=20080831231913

Those skrulls look really good. They're not as green as they should be, but otherwise...they look really good. Yay.

8 hours ago, AGGIEZ said:

latest?cb=20080831231913

Oh for 's sake. Really? Hulk 418?

16 hours ago, AGGIEZ said:

latest?cb=20080831231913

Hulk 418 is a full appearance, named and all. :acclaim:

g8ql1Ht.jpg

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

g8ql1Ht.jpg

But that cover...:facepalm:

Some are arguing that it's a "cameo"...whatever. Looks like a cool character although I don't recall seeing him in the Annihilation books.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

g8ql1Ht.jpg

I posted this over in the Modern forum...

I still like #419 better here for "1st full". This is like Conan #23 and #24 to me...Red Sonja's "1st appearance". She shows up in a few panels and even names herself in #23. That's listed as "1st appearance" but #24 is the "1st full appearance", story centers around her, she's on the cover...and it certainly is the more desirable copy to the market. It'll be interesting to watch these two books once the trailer hits and the non-CGC geeks find out about this one.

At the end of the day this is a dollar bin book but I'm sure it'll take off for a short period of time. I love the 1st appearance debates...there is ZERO consistency in our hobby which makes it interesting.

conan-23---11.jpg

9 hours ago, Every Day A Story said:
11 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Oh for 's sake. Really? Hulk 418?

At this point, I'm starting to think Fiege is trawling through the most obscure books to troll us...

I've always thought it a compelling conspiracy theory that these guys secretly look for these obscure characters, have their lackeys buy up all their appearances on the cheap, and then use those characters in pop culture to make a killing on down the line. 

Call me crazy, but it's something *I* would do, if I were in that position.

:D

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I've always thought it a compelling conspiracy theory that these guys secretly look for these obscure characters, have their lackeys buy up all their appearances on the cheap, and then use those characters in pop culture to make a killing on down the line. 

Call me crazy, but it's something *I* would do, if I were in that position.

:D

The problem with that is that you have to take a character that's obscure enough, and then do something that's compelling enough for people to care.