• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,769 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

I have a thought that I'd like to share but I'm not sure it adds to the substance of the thread. Is there a thread substance control board I can submit the post to to see if it's up to snuff? I want to do what's right.

Start a "Not quite up to snuff stuff" thread . . . :acclaim:

3 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

I have a thought that I'd like to share but I'm not sure it adds to the substance of the thread. Is there a thread substance control board I can submit the post to to see if it's up to snuff? I want to do what's right.

Is it a lecture to us peons on why Marvel Tails should not be worth what people are paying? By all means, very relevant.

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Is it a lecture to us peons on why Marvel Tails should not be worth what people are paying? By all means, very relevant.

Nice shot at RMA. Taking shots at him hardly contributes to the substance of the thread  :facepalm: Maybe you should follow your own advice.

Edited by Jerkfro

I've given up on a stable market. These past few years have really changed my strategy as a seller. That being said for the small personal collection
I still have its made my collecting much easier, but buyers have shifted away from books I like.

I've told older collectors many times in my area now is the time to sell off your collections and we might actually be past the top and coming down now
, but that's hard to tell. Just yesterday a local strip club came into my LCS with flyers and bought a ton of comics with toy action figures. They are going
to give them out as prizes and the strippers are dressing up as cos-play. Very creative by the owner I must say. I will scan they flyer later today so you can
get a laugh like I did.

54 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I've given up on a stable market. These past few years have really changed my strategy as a seller. That being said for the small personal collection
I still have its made my collecting much easier, but buyers have shifted away from books I like.

I've told older collectors many times in my area now is the time to sell off your collections and we might actually be past the top and coming down now
, but that's hard to tell. Just yesterday a local strip club came into my LCS with flyers and bought a ton of comics with toy action figures. They are going
to give them out as prizes and the strippers are dressing up as cos-play. Very creative by the owner I must say. I will scan they flyer later today so you can
get a laugh like I did.

Yup

and 

(thumbsu

and

:whatthe:

14 hours ago, ygogolak said:

No one is being "lectured." I am sharing my perspective, as you are free to share yours.

As I have already said, multiple times, if you don't like what someone says, you aren't required to see it. If you aren't required to see it, de facto, there is no "lecture."

Continuing to harass people about what they choose to talk about is a violation of the board rules, whether enforced or not.

3 hours ago, 787Sweet said:
18 hours ago, divad said:

First, I would like to apologize to RMA.  I had no idea that you were going through such a hard time in your life. Please accept my apology with the support I can only give to you through posting here.  If you need some help, please reach out to the community. We (the community as a whole) often get into nasty little squabbles trying to further our interest in the 36-page booklets we call comic books, and lose sight of what brings us all together here in this forum. But overall we do appreciate and respect everyone here who joins in our mutual pursuits. Wishing you the best in your present difficulties, sincerely,

d

What happened?

Yeah, I'm with "Stu" here...what happened?

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Shaq happened...?

"You want to fight? come fight me
I'll hit ya with the "wa psh psh psh" see see
I get dirty after dark I'll treat like Speilberg
you get your kicked in the park,
you don't believe me, the proof is in the pudding,
little boy in the hood, way before Cuba Gooding,"

Sorry, I got a little Hyped.

8 hours ago, ygogolak said:
9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

get a laugh like I did.

Yup

and 

(thumbsu

and

lucky.thumb.jpg.1aa199aa07ff36d1d8f3404ca27f0ace.jpg

5 minutes ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Pardon my ignorance but how do I determine it's a 2nd print? Is it only in the indicia?

In some cases, yes, in other cases, no. In this case, as with most late 80s DC reprints, you can tell because the price box is the large "US Newsstand" price, with no corresponding UK or Can price, but instead of a UPC in the UPC box, you have "DC Comics Aren't Just For Kids"...which indicates a Direct copy.

The only time you see that combo is on these reprints.