• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,797 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Is New Mutants 18 still a book to hold for movie spec or is now the time to sell?

Price has gone down. I'm holding my New Mutants movie related books. But there hasn't been any new announcements as to coming out for sure that I know of.

22 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:02 PM, ygogolak said:

Price has gone down. I'm holding my New Mutants movie related books. But there hasn't been any new announcements as to coming out for sure that I know of.

Great, I just pulled 40 NM18 and 25 NM1s from a collection yesterday lol 

There are several New Mutants issues beyond those two I would hold as well. Some of the earlier issues as well that have Amara & Selene in them should eventually pan out as well.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 11/19/2018 at 12:00 PM, valiantman said:

1982 direct edition vs. newsstand probably isn't a (valid) consideration. hm

Mid 80s direct vs.newsstand is not a real issue generally. Some books maybe, and there is always an argument that directs will tend to be in better shape on average, but plenty of newsies were getting printed then. At least marvel. I almost never saw Dc at newsstands, but that could be regional.

11 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

There are several New Mutants issues beyond those two I would hold as well. Some of the earlier issues as well that have Amara & Selene in them should eventually pan out as well.

Passing on those (8-10).

Grabbing any high grade 14s though.

8 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Because random issues are somehow better than first appearances in the current market?

14 is a 1st appearance.  I still love 8 & 9 but even i'm slowing down buying them unless they are ultra high grade just because there ares o many of them out there.

42 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Obviously not Illyana. But what makes Illyana 'Magik' and how does it happen in New Mutants 14?

What does New Mutants 14 CGC slab say?

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

Slab says :1st Illyana Rasputin as Magik

Which is a big problem with CGC. Someone probably requested that on the label & CGC did little to no research as to when the other books were published.

There's a 4 issue mini series published prior to the new mutants book that creates the name Magik, the Soulsword and the complete origin of how Illyana/Magik came to be. The only "first" in New Mutants #14 would be that it is the 1st time Illyana has appeared as Magik in the New Mutants title. Otherwise her first appearance and origin storyline are neatly wrapped up into the 4 issue mini series.

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Oh, so this is just another case of CGC being stupid.

I don't care what CGC says, but this is what I say repeatedly: Never trust CGC issue notes.

What do the notes on Uncanny X-Men 160 labels say? hm(I know what they say. I just looked it up.)