• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,784 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

Oh, so this is just another case of CGC being stupid.

I don't care what CGC says, but this is what I say repeatedly: Never trust CGC issue notes.

What do the notes on Uncanny X-Men 160 labels say? hm(I know what they say. I just looked it up.)

It should say "buy this book since it's awesome"

I do agree the Magik, NM 14 and X-Men 160 is just a botched job on CGCs part.  They should have just picked one and said it was the 1st appearance of Magik (I'd vote for X-men 160 since it came out so far in advance of the other two options).  Which issue of Magik would be the 1st Magik?  Does she start the transformation in #1?

5 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I do agree the Magik, NM 14 and X-Men 160 is just a botched job on CGCs part.  They should have just picked one and said it was the 1st appearance of Magik (I'd vote for X-men 160 since it came out so far in advance of the other two options).  Which issue of Magik would be the 1st Magik?  Does she start the transformation in #1?

I wouldn't agree, but could see the logic used for X-Men 160 being the 1st.  When that book was published it just seemed like a way to age Illyana so that she could appear as a teen as opposed to a child, in hindsight it was a bookend to the Magik mini series that would appear later. The book ended with 4 panels of Illyana after she was pulled from limbo, aged 7 years and now a teenager, but no mention of Magik, the soulsword or powers.

It's funny the CGC notations for X-Men 160 says: 1st Appearance of Adult Ilyana (Magik). But the book states that she reappears as a 13 year old not an adult. My CGC notation for X-Men 160 would be: 1st appearance of teen Illyana.

As far as the Magik series, she is being groomed in issues 1 & 2, starts exhibiting powers in 3 and full blown soulsword, demon persona & powers in 4.

1 minute ago, boomtown said:

No one refers to her as Magik in any of the books discussed (X-Men #160, Magik #1-4 or New Mutants #14).

you mean there is nothing in there like this?  :sumo:

ameGbT4.png

8 minutes ago, boomtown said:

No one refers to her as Magik in any of the books discussed (X-Men #160, Magik #1-4 or New Mutants #14).

I'd think naming the mini series Magik and it's based on her would be a defacto calling her Magik.

16 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Because random issues are somehow better than first appearances in the current market?

6 hours ago, ygogolak said:

What are the random issues?

This is a great discussion, that has been had before. But the question was why I would want issue #14. Plain and simple it sells and sells well in high grade. I don't care if people want to believe it's the first Care Bears.

I thought it was 160, but I can defer to mini if needed seems logical.

As someone already mentioned I only touch high grade copies, but I will gobble up any NM 8-10 for $1 each.
I cant remember if 8 or 9 is Selene's first appearance, but I care more for her then Amara. 

8,9 and 10 are kinda weird about the 1st app in there.

Agreed I will sell NM14s all day long as long as the market bares the price. I don't care what they want
to call it. 

Edited by fastballspecial

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I thought it was 160, but I can defer to mini if needed seems logical.

As someone already mentioned I only touch high grade copies, but I will gobble up any NM 8-10 for $1 each.
I cant remember if 8 or 9 is Selene's first appearance, but I care more for her then Amara. 

8,9 and 10 are kinda weird about the 1st app in there.

Agreed I will sell NM14s all day long as long as the market bares the price. I don't care what they want
to call it. 

(worship)

9 hours ago, ygogolak said:

This is a great discussion, that has been had before. But the question was why I would want issue #14. Plain and simple it sells and sells well in high grade. I don't care if people want to believe it's the first Care Bears.

And when people realize the truth and it stops selling so well?

4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Huh? The truth has been out there since the book was released. Open the damn book and read it.

xD This times infinity. So many times misinformation becomes the 'rule' of the label.

But if folks would just crack open the book & read it, they could be informed.

And - I get it to some degree - CGC isn't there to read the books. That is very different from grading.

But it would be nice if things didn't get out of hand sometimes. It can be tough steering the ship back on course after the labels on the books have been printed.

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Huh? The truth has been out there since the book was released. Open the damn book and read it.

I know the truth, but people who don't own the issue just may have a more difficult time opening and reading it. The fact that there are sources with the correct information that are available for people who don't own copies does not absolve those who are spreading misinformation, especially when they are profiting based on their lies.

2 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

I know the truth, but people who don't own the issue just may have a more difficult time opening and reading it. The fact that there are sources with the correct information that are available for people who don't own copies does not absolve those who are spreading misinformation, especially when they are profiting based on their lies.

Right, and you are stating this as I am doing such. You know nothing about what I'm doing.

You're main goal on these boards is to stir the pot. That was the whole point of your original comment regarding this matter.

Edited by ygogolak

7 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Right, and you are stating this as I am doing such. You know nothing about what I'm doing.

I certainly hope you aren't one of the lying liars. I know I have actively tried to dispel people's false notions about books when selling.

7 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

You're main goal on these boards is to stir the pot. That was the whole point of your original comment regarding this matter.

Coming from you, that's hilarious. But the whole point of my original comment is that it is B.S., influenced by liars and insufficiently_thoughtful_persons, that New Mutants 14 is anything special.

The misinformation about seemingly everything, everywhere disgusts me.

53 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

I certainly hope you aren't one of the lying liars. I know I have actively tried to dispel people's false notions about books when selling.

Coming from you, that's hilarious. But the whole point of my original comment is that it is B.S., influenced by liars and insufficiently_thoughtful_persons, that New Mutants 14 is anything special.

The misinformation about seemingly everything, everywhere disgusts me.

I am not here to tell you what's special. Are you not able to determine this on your own? You are saying not to follow CGC labels and figure it out on your own. But now you're saying other people need to figure it out for you. Which is it?

What you are saying is I should sell NM #14 for what, $2?

Edited by ygogolak

Just now, ygogolak said:

What you are saying is I should sell NM #14 for what, $2?

What I am saying is that New Mutants 14 should sell, by anyone, to anyone, for a only few dollars (like any other random, non-key issue of the run), because its current "value" is based on an outright lie that has propagated all over the place.