• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,720 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Cozmo-One said:
1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

PS. You people are all retarded.

I don't like the r-word used in a pejorative sense :( 

Why not? That's the only sense it has left. It was banished from use as a descriptive for the mentally disabled, precisely because it became a pejorative.

The words "idiot" and "moron" didn't use to be pejorative, either, and now, that's their only use.

5 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Why not? That's the only sense it has left. It was banished from use as a descriptive for the mentally disabled, precisely because it became a pejorative.

The words "idiot" and "moron" didn't use to be pejorative, either, and now, that's their only use.

Too soon since the banishment for people to separate the two. And people still use it to describe special needs individuals all the time, some haven't gotten the message yet. Which side do you want others to think that you are on?

Then again I like offensive humor/sarcasm so your use didn't offend ME.

10 hours ago, the blob said:

Had not noticed it here. The numbers I guess are not high enough to get too excited.

Luckily no. Which means it's still a good time to buy. Now, it's not a given that he will show up in that iteration, but that's the gamble. People are paying over $50 for the first couple issues if Clint Barton Ronin and that's been rumored to be coming for years.

Edited by ygogolak

6 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Luckily no. Which means it's still a good time to buy. Now, it's not a given that he will show up in that iteration, but that's the gamble. People are paying over $50 for the first couple issues if Clint Barton Ronin and that's been rumored to be coming for years.

Yeah, I just [picked up a nice copy of WCA 45 for $2 today. Also got a Supergirl Being Super for $2 which I can maybe make 100% profit on! I try not to buy just one spec book in case they notice and say "wait a minute here".

My approach is to sell whatever I can using my free listings, leave the money in paypal and when it is high enough use it for pressing and slabbing my better books. Once you list you can always easily relist it next month. I have some books ready to go out now and once I get a paypal payment from a boardie whom shall remain nameless I will send out a dozen or so to joeypost. This approach has me with 19 books at CGC and 20 with joey at the moment, shipping could have been better planned out but that is all $ from collections I have already broken even on so it doesn't bother me too much at all. That way I can also slab the sweet New Avengers 7 9.8 candidate, which just went for $380 slabbed 9.8 but was a $200 book before that so time is not of the essence as far as I am concerned. Plus, again, it is money derived from books that I have $0 in now (well, I bought that NA7 for $1 yesterday but you get the point).

Edited by Bird
and 6 moderns just hit graded today...more to sell in a week or so!

37 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

A bunch of Toxic Avenger books sold this week including a Marvel Age 98 for $20. It's apparently being developed for another movie/tv series. I guess the three (?) previous movies, cartoon series, line of toys, etc didn't matter since it took place prior to the Spec Age,. 

And now I'm happy that I didn't yet re-list my Marvel Age lot that includes that, and the issue with Sleepwalker