• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Green said:

Look for new top census copies to hit very soon😉

lol I'm glad to hear it!

With not many graded sales, I thought about going for the 8.0 copy..... but I've since doubted myself.

Is 9.0 is the current highest graded of #1?

Yes, just checked. I need to do a vanity search and see if i can dredge up the thread where ppl laughed at me for saying NP1 would be a thousand dollar book one day. I was lucky enough to get a copy sealed in the original mailer that never got opened. Looks like a 9.8 to me. I guess we shall see. I was buying them up like crazy 10 years ago. Sold all my under copies waaaay too early here on the forums years ago, nice 8.0s for around $100. Sent the 3 i kept in to cgc this week. Ive got the bug again. 

8 minutes ago, Green said:

Yes, just checked. I need to do a vanity search and see if i can dredge up the thread where ppl laughed at me for saying NP1 would be a thousand dollar book one day. I was lucky enough to get a copy sealed in the original mailer that never got opened. Looks like a 9.8 to me. I guess we shall see. I was buying them up like crazy 10 years ago. Sold all my under copies waaaay too early here on the forums years ago, nice 8.0s for around $100. Sent the 3 i kept in to cgc this week. Ive got the bug again. 

Well I'm glad to meat you Mr. Green :) I have a 4.5 #6 signed by Campbell and another (imo) 7.5/8.0 raw copy...

My #1 is a lowly 4.0/4.5 raw... I've either missed the boat or not wanted to pony up the dough for a raw that fits the bill.... 

I think i have a mostly complete 1-25 run in as close to nm as i could find. Didnt really think anything other that #1 was worth subbing

2 minutes ago, Green said:

I think i have a mostly complete 1-25 run in as close to nm as i could find. Didnt really think anything other that #1 was worth subbing

Well, Campbell the popular comic book artist won the art contest and it was published in NP #6.... just fyi...

Complete with interview, pics of him...family... and artwork :foryou: he was a kid

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
4 minutes ago, Green said:

Well, Campbell the popular comic book artist won the art contest and it was published in NP #6.... just fyi...

Complete with interview, pics of him...family... and artwork :foryou: he was a kid

Also, it's fun, imo, to try and snag a copy of #6 without an address printed on the label etc.... thrill of the hunt, that one is (thumbsu ha!

15 hours ago, Green said:

Is the talk of a new painkiller jane movie bumping up the (what i always thought was) underpriced 22 brides #1? Copies seem to be pretty scarce around the internet.

Not the right thread :baiting:

6 hours ago, divad said:

Not the right thread :baiting:

Whatcha mean? There are like 5 active listings and 3-4x as many sold listings. It is selling well. 

19 minutes ago, divad said:

March 1996 is Copper??? :hi:

Ah gotcha. Actually didnt know the date, i thought painkiller jane was an older character than that. My b. 

On 1/8/2019 at 4:17 PM, boomtown said:

Just a small update on the Magik 1st appearance mess. In Uncanny X-Men 171, Illyana has a sequence where she attacks Kitty and pulls the Soul Sword from limbo for the 1st time. This is the 1st time she has shown her new powers. When Kitty subdues her Illyana snaps out of her trance and cries "I remember" (in reference to her time in limbo). Soul Sword is not named (but cuts Kitty while in her unsolid form) and term Magik has still not been used. Published months before the mini series Magik, which was published months before New Mutants 14.

Uncanny X-Men 160 (1st teen Illyana)
Uncanny X-Men 171 (1st and only Soulsword before Magik mini)
Magik 1-4 (Storyline of how Illyana became Magik from 6 years in limbo)
New Mutants 14 (1st time Magik shown with New Mutants)

Take your pick.

I think we can agree New Mutants 14 isn't the 1st Magik.  We can agree the term "Magik" was first used in Magik #1. What's funny is in New Mutant 14 refers to Magik mini series.

Edited by catch21

3 hours ago, catch21 said:

I think we can agree New Mutants 14 isn't the 1st Magik.  We can agree the term "Magik" was first used in Magik #1. What's funny is in New Mutant 14 refers to Magik mini series.

Yeah, I agree. The X-Men #171 was new to me, by her displaying her powers (using the soulsword) it kind of threw off my opinion that the Magik mini was the "obvious" 1st appearance. I still consider it her 1st, but there is debate that #171 could be considered somewhat a cameo.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:16 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I would love to hear the argument (especially from CGC) about NM14 being her first appearance. 

CGC's argument is that submitters noted it as her first... :facepalm:

On 1/20/2019 at 11:16 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I would love to hear the argument (especially from CGC) about NM14 being her first appearance. 

1 minute ago, 500Club said:

Yup, they just put on the label what people tell them.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:
On 1/20/2019 at 8:16 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

2 hours ago, 500Club said:

Yup, they just put on the label what people tell them.

There oughta be a law!!! :sumo:

:acclaim: