• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,771 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

That argument has been made before. Which one is selling for the most? There is your answer.

The market has spoken quite literally here with ASM 365 selling for roughly 3x more then Spider-man 2099 1s.

I don't like anymore then you do, but the market has made up its mind a long time ago.

There is no argument, just a simple fact.

The only thing the prices tell us is which one sells for more. The only thing the market decides is the price.

5 hours ago, spreads said:

Let's just all agree that there is an endless supply of both books out there! 

Certainly seems to be. Just a few years ago (maybe three?) I went to a yard sale and a guy had a couple of long boxes FILLED with the hologram cover Spidey books (there are four of them, right?) and Spidey 2099 #1's. I mean, dozens if not hundreds of copies of those five books. But he wanted nearly cover price for each book, so I only bought a couple. There has to be a landfill's worth of these books out there. BUT, as always, I'll agree with whatever the market tells me. For the time being I'll keep buying if I find them cheap enough.

On 1/28/2019 at 11:00 PM, sk.rank said:

Most folks that are cheerleaders for Price Variants are! :banana:

For those interested, ASM #365 was and is the highest printed book of the entire run of ASM. It remains the only issue of ASM to be printed at a million+ copies.

Marvel made an absolute mint that month...then frittered it all away....

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

On 1/29/2019 at 2:39 AM, Carl Elvis said:

xD This is the moment the hobby switches to low grades being sought after.

That moment happened a couple years ago, there's a low grade group on Facebook with almost 40,000 members.

With key books going through the roof, your average collector can't even afford a mid-grade these days, so just having the book regardless of condition is a score.

I always give Amazing Spiderman #14 as an example. That used to be a book, ten or so years ago, that was a nice but affordable key in mid grade. Still a few hundred bucks, but it was attainable. That's a $2000+ book in 6.0 now and that limits the vast majority of collectors. 

So they look for lower grades or Bronze and Copper keys now. 

16 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

For those interested, ASM #365 was and is the highest printed book of the entire run of ASM. It was and is the only copy of ASM to be printed at a million+ copies.

I was waiting in line to pick up a sketch at a show, and the artist that did the hologram (I think it was either Bagley or Ron Frenz) was talking about their royalty check from sales of #365 and how disproportionately huge it was. I'm pretty sure it was Bagley and he bought a Mustang with it or something.  lol

On 2/13/2019 at 3:31 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

For those interested, ASM #365 was and is the highest printed book of the entire run of ASM. It remains the only issue of ASM to be printed at a million+ copies.

And here I thought I was the only one with a copy of it . . . :idea:

asm365aa.jpeg

On 1/29/2019 at 2:38 AM, waaaghboss said:

Yah, I could be misremembering, but while it was iconic (was in the posters in Cap 400) I never remember it being a high price.  Then again, I haven't seen an early 90's price guide since the early 90's :)  I remember drooling over Cap 332, which was around $10 at the time, but don't remember much else in the 250-400 range being really a stand out.  But again I'm going off of a 10 year olds memory from 25+ years ago.  I need to hunt down an old copy of Wizard.  Its a fantastic cover, and I've wanted one for a long time, might have to jump on one sooner than later.

The other one I still feel is a bit undervalued is cap 332.  Was my biggest key back in the day.

Well the 1995 Feb. Wizard has Cap # 286  at $ 6.00 in NM if that helps.

Yes I have old Wizards :screwy:  need any more prices?

55 minutes ago, topcat54 said:
On 1/28/2019 at 11:38 PM, waaaghboss said:

Yah, I could be misremembering, but while it was iconic (was in the posters in Cap 400) I never remember it being a high price.  Then again, I haven't seen an early 90's price guide since the early 90's :)  I remember drooling over Cap 332, which was around $10 at the time, but don't remember much else in the 250-400 range being really a stand out.  But again I'm going off of a 10 year olds memory from 25+ years ago.  I need to hunt down an old copy of Wizard.  Its a fantastic cover, and I've wanted one for a long time, might have to jump on one sooner than later.

The other one I still feel is a bit undervalued is cap 332.  Was my biggest key back in the day.

That was a bit past the hype. When Deathlok the series came out (1991), the Deathlook appearances were pretty hot.

That's back in the day when "appearances" were chased. Now...not so much.

On 2/14/2019 at 7:29 AM, Aweandlorder said:

As long as the market stays healthy (or not healthy, depending on your perspective of things) newer books will gain value in the future. Bronze is the new silver.. copper is what bronze was 10 years ago.. 90s are what copper was 10 years ago and so forth and so on

Time marches on. What seemed new and common back in the day seems more desirable now to many new collectors. However, too many comics were hoarded from the Bronze age and beyond for most to increase in value much. Outside of the keys and the truly rare, most are still readily available and cheap. Demand, rather than age, is the main driver in prices.

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

That was a bit past the hype. When Deathlok the series came out (1991), the Deathlook appearances were pretty hot.

Is the 90/91 Overstreet too early for this reference lookup?  It's showing 332 as $9 in NM.

9 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
10 hours ago, topcat54 said:

I still like that Zeck cover. :sumo: