• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,803 posts in this topic

On 3/15/2019 at 5:46 AM, Catwomancomics said:

Unbelievable sale last night on Star Wars #84

13148D5C-1F7C-49E9-92CC-243E77286908.png

Not a real sale.  One bidder has 100% activity with the seller and the other bidder is 85% activity with the seller.  Shilled and another case of market manipulation.

24 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

Not a real sale.  One bidder has 100% activity with the seller and the other bidder is 85% activity with the seller.  Shilled and another case of market manipulation.

You can't tell by only those analytics. See:

On 3/16/2019 at 1:49 PM, Red_Hood said:

So this is the second time someone manipulated the market on this books less than 6 months apart with 2 different cgc case numbers? GPA Nov 2018 $2,878.00?

edit: after seeing the November sale, I can see why the last sale got this high. Maybe the bidders missed out last time.

Edited by Catwomancomics

9 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

So this is the second time someone manipulated the market on this books less than 6 months apart with 2 different cgc case numbers? GPA Nov 2018 $2,878.00?

edit: after seeing the November sale, I can see why the last sale got this high. Maybe the bidders missed out last time.

Yeah, but then there's common sense.  No one with a brain is going to pay that much for a garbage book just because there's only ... gasp .... 23 CGC 9.8's.  

How dumb are people becoming in this hobby.  

I'll venture to say, not that dumb.  Truly there can't be that big of an insufficiently_thoughtful_person paying that for a garbage book.  I literally have more then 25 copies from untouched, unsold store stock.

I guess I better get to making them 9.8 copies so there's 40+ CGC 9.8 copies and then I'll release them during the premiere of the next Star Wars movie and then I'll retire.

Oh wait, I'll actually process 100,000 other books that are legitimately worthwhile before I get to this project.

19 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

Yeah, but then there's common sense.  No one with a brain is going to pay that much for a garbage book just because there's only ... gasp .... 23 CGC 9.8's.  

I'll venture to say, not that dumb.  Truly there can't be that big of an insufficiently_thoughtful_person paying that for a garbage book.  I literally have more then 25 copies from untouched, unsold store stock.

I guess I better get to making them 9.8 copies so there's 40+ CGC 9.8 copies and then I'll release them during the premiere of the next Star Wars movie and then I'll retire.

Oh wait, I'll actually process 100,000 other books that are legitimately worthwhile before I get to this project.

I get it. It's crazy to me too. I guess GPA reports bogus sales of books. The crazy thing is, why someone would pay that much for this book. So therefore  manipulation/bogus sale.  Even more crazy is, why someone is trying to manipulate the market on this book.

Edited by Catwomancomics

2 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

I get it. It's crazy to me too. I guess GPA reports bogus sales of books. The crazy thing is, why someone would pay that much for this book. So therefore  manipulation/bogus sale.  Even more crazy is, why someone is trying to manipulate the market on this book.

Likely because the seller has one or two other copies he/she is hoping to cash in on.

This hobby is riddled with junk like this going on.  Where there is money comes the scheming.

Oh, the last point, no book that sells for less then $50.00 in CGC 9.6 is going to actually get a buyer at CGC 9.8 to pay four figures.  Especially for a horrible book like that Star Wars garbage.

17 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

People that are trying to complete sets only have so many buying options. There are many books that sell for ridiculous prices because of low census numbers.

On 3/17/2019 at 4:02 PM, Catwomancomics said:
On 3/16/2019 at 1:49 PM, Red_Hood said:

I don't trust any seller with "entertainment" in their name . . . :bigsmile:

On 3/18/2019 at 9:42 AM, ygogolak said:
On 3/17/2019 at 4:16 PM, Red_Hood said:

People that are trying to complete sets only have so many buying options. There are many books that sell for ridiculous prices because of low census numbers.

And, by far, the best option is to pre-screen, find a copy raw, and submit it yourself...or hire someone else to do it for you. It's not difficult, and it's far more cost effective. It's a 1980s Star Wars, after all...they're not even remotely hard to find in 9.8...if you're willing to do the legwork. 

Start with buying 9.6s, and see if there's a chance to improve. Many times, there are.

5 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

And, by far, the best option is to pre-screen, find a copy raw, and submit it yourself...or hire someone else to do it for you. It's not difficult, and it's far more cost effective. It's a 1980s Star Wars, after all...they're not even remotely hard to find in 9.8...if you're willing to do the legwork. 

Start with buying 9.6s, and see if there's a chance to improve. Many times, there are.

Stop spouting off common sense planning.  That hasn't worked around these parts for about 7 years and 7,000 new members ago.

Recent noteworthy Copper sales:

SUPERMAN #76 Feb 1993 NM 9.4 W DC Scarce 2nd Print FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND JURGENS

SUPERMAN-76-Feb-1993-NM-9-4-W-DC-Scarce-2nd-Print-FUNERAL-FOR-A-FRIEND-JURGENS
Item Sold

Condition:
--

Ended:
Mar 19, 2019 , 3:13PM

Winning bid:
US $19.19
1 bid ]

Shipping:
$5.99 Expedited Shipping

BATMAN #457 Dec 1990 DC NM+ 9.6 1st App TIM DRAKE ROBIN 1st Print "000" VARIANT

See original listing
BATMAN-457-Dec-1990-DC-NM-9-6-1st-App-TIM-DRAKE-ROBIN-1st-Print-034-000-034-VARIANT
Item Sold

Condition:
--

Ended:
Mar 17, 2019 , 10:38AM

Winning bid:
US $32.00
1 bid ]

Shipping:
$5.99 Expedited Shipping

THOR #339 Jan 1984 NM 9.4 W 1st App STORMBREAKER! AVENGERS ENDGAME

See original listing
THOR-339-Jan-1984-NM-9-4-W-1st-App-STORMBREAKER-AVENGERS-ENDGAME
Item Sold

Condition:
--

Ended:
Mar 15, 2019 , 4:57PM

Winning bid:
US $24.00
1 bid ]

Shipping:
$5.99 Expedited Shipping

YOUNGBLOOD #2 July 1992 Image NM+ 9.6 W 1st app PROPHET & SHADOWHAWK LIEFELD C/A

See original listing
YOUNGBLOOD-2-July-1992-Image-NM-9-6-W-1st-app-PROPHET-amp-SHADOWHAWK-LIEFELD-C-A
Item Sold

Condition:
--

Ended:
Mar 04, 2019 , 1:43PM

Price:
US $26.00

Shipping:
$5.99 Expedited Shipping

CYBERFORCE #1 Oct 1992 Image Comics NM/MT 9.8 W Marc SILVESTRI Cover & Art

2 product ratings | See original listing
CYBERFORCE-1-Oct-1992-Image-Comics-NM-MT-9-8-W-Marc-SILVESTRI-Cover-amp-Art
Item Sold

Condition:
--

Ended:
Feb 28, 2019 , 7:31PM

Price:
US $27.00

Shipping:
$5.99 Expedited Shipping

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #378 June 1993 MARVEL Comics NM/MT 9.8 W CARNAGE v. VENOM

See original listing
AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-378-June-1993-MARVEL-Comics-NM-MT-9-8-W-CARNAGE-v-VENOM
Item Sold

Condition:
--

Ended:
Feb 26, 2019 , 6:44PM

Price:
US $28.00

Shipping:
$5.99 Expedited Shipping

INCREDIBLE HULK #377 Jan 1991 NM+ 9.6 W ORIGIN & 1st App NEW HULK MARVEL Comics

See original listing
INCREDIBLE-HULK-377-Jan-1991-NM-9-6-W-ORIGIN-amp-1st-App-NEW-HULK-MARVEL-Comics
Item Sold

Condition:
--

Ended:
Feb 25, 2019 , 10:15AM

Winning bid:
US $24.00
1 bid ]

Shipping:
$5.99 Expedited Shipping

INCREDIBLE HULK #377 Jan 1991 NM 9.4 W ORIGIN & 1st App NEW HULK / MARVEL Comics

See original listing
INCREDIBLE-HULK-377-Jan-1991-NM-9-4-W-ORIGIN-amp-1st-App-NEW-HULK-MARVEL-Comics
Item Sold

Condition:
--

Ended:
Feb 13, 2019 , 8:08PM

Price:
US $28.00

Shipping:
$5.99 Expedited Shipping

BATMAN #413 Nov 1987 DC Comics NM+ 9.6 W 1st App YOSHIO TAHARA

Be the first to write a review.

| See original listing
BATMAN-413-Nov-1987-DC-Comics-NM-9-6-W-1st-App-YOSHIO-TAHARA
Item Sold

Condition:
--

Ended:
Feb 04, 2019 , 12:11PM

Price:
US $24.00

Shipping:
$5.99 Expedited Shipping

HELLBOY Seed of Destruction #4 Jun 1994 VF+ 8.5 Dark Horse MIGNOLA Art MONKEYMAN

Be the first to write a review.

| See original listing
HELLBOY-Seed-of-Destruction-4-Jun-1994-VF-8-5-Dark-Horse-MIGNOLA-Art-MONKEYMAN
Item Sold

Condition:
--

Ended:
Jan 28, 2019 , 2:41AM

Price:
US $22.00

Shipping:
$5.99 Expedited Shipping

FLASH #92 DC July 1994 1st App IMPULSE (Bart Allen) NM/MT 9.8 W NEW KID IN TOWN!

See original listing
FLASH-92-DC-July-1994-1st-App-IMPULSE-Bart-Allen-NM-MT-9-8-W-NEW-KID-IN-TOWN
Item Sold

Condition:
--

Absolutely Perfect!

Ended:
Jan 19, 2019 , 12:04PM

Winning bid:
US $48.48
1 bid ]

Shipping:
$5.99 Expedited Shipping

BATMAN ADVENTURES MAD LOVE 1994 DC NM- 9.2 W HARLEY QUINN ORIGIN JOKER 1st Print

See original listing
BATMAN-ADVENTURES-MAD-LOVE-1994-DC-NM-9-2-W-HARLEY-QUINN-ORIGIN-JOKER-1st-Print
Item Sold

Condition:
--

Ended:
Jan 12, 2019 , 11:50AM

Winning bid:
US $99.99
1 bid ]

Shipping:
$5.99 Expedited Shipping