• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,720 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Red_Hood said:

This is really a stretch and a garbage book to boot.  If people buy this to speculate they are riding the short bus.

This is actually the second time it's took a jump because of Avengers. First was the Age of Ultron scene where they are all trying to pick it up.

3 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

I did some more research, you were right. Thanks for the info, gonna pass on that hundred dollar gamble lol

I never read that era of Captain America. "The Captain". I retract my earlier statement. It's a cool key, not worth what people think imo though.

Source: http://comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=7472

You should. Cap #332-350 is Mark Gruenwald's finest run, ever, and one of the best runs in Cap history. You're missing out. 

337-19.jpg

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

This is actually the second time it's took a jump because of Avengers. First was the Age of Ultron scene where they are all trying to pick it up.

The only reason Cap didn't lift Mjolnir in that AoU scene is because he realized it would freak out Thor. He clearly could have done it.

But I'm not sure what relevance that scene or the book have to Endgame, since Thor no longer has Mjolnir in the movies.

5 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

I did some more research, you were right. Thanks for the info, gonna pass on that hundred dollar gamble lol

I never read that era of Captain America. "The Captain". I retract my earlier statement. It's a cool key, not worth what people think imo though.

Source: http://comicbookdb.com/character.php?ID=7472

No offense, but perhaps you should do your research before you speak . . .

5 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

This is really a stretch and a garbage book to boot.  If people buy this to speculate they are riding the short bus.

I certainly disagree with you, but hey? WTF do I know about comics??? :whistle:

7 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

The only reason Cap didn't lift Mjolnir in that AoU scene is because he realized it would freak out Thor. He clearly could have done it.

But I'm not sure what relevance that scene or the book have to Endgame, since Thor no longer has Mjolnir in the movies.

Because a misinformed app posted about it so it has to be relevant.

9 hours ago, divad said:
15 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

I certainly disagree with you, but hey? WTF do I know about comics??? :whistle:

He’s right.  It’s a stretch.  I don’t expect customers at shows down the road to be clamoring for this book.  ‘The book where Cap first picks up Thor’s hammer’? - greater fool theory book.

Flip now.

25 minutes ago, 500Club said:

He’s right.  It’s a stretch.  I don’t expect customers at shows down the road to be clamoring for this book.  ‘The book where Cap first picks up Thor’s hammer’? - greater fool theory book.

Flip now.

It's revealing the gaping cracks in the "speculation" community when they grasp at the most tenuous of straws. Even if there was an entire movie based on Cap picking up Thor's hammer, and that movie inexplicably did $1.3 billion at the box office, I doubt this book would ever be more than a novelty. "Picking up Thor's hammer"...euphemisms aside...doesn't quite carry the panache, of, say, first time Jason Todd puts on the Robin costume, or first time Superman and Batman meet.

35 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
1 hour ago, 500Club said:

Flip now.

It's revealing the gaping cracks in the "speculation" community when they grasp at the most tenuous of straws. Even if there was an entire movie based on Cap picking up Thor's hammer, and that movie inexplicably did $1.3 billion at the box office, I doubt this book would ever be more than a novelty. "Picking up Thor's hammer"...euphemisms aside...doesn't quite carry the panache, of, say, first time Jason Todd puts on the Robin costume, or first time Superman and Batman meet.

‘First time Thor polishes Cap’s shield’, anyone?

14 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You should. Cap #332-350 is Mark Gruenwald's finest run, ever, and one of the best runs in Cap history. You're missing out. 

337-19.jpg

Have these issues ever been collected in a TPB or does one have to pick up the originals to read the run?

18 hours ago, FineCollector said:

Nothing that spikes lately is worth what people are paying, but that doesnt stop them.

Which is a pretty common observation of any "marketplace" . . . oh say, over the last several centuries. :whistle:  :bigsmile:

On 4/20/2019 at 9:22 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:
On 4/20/2019 at 8:44 AM, 500Club said:

Flip now.

I dunno . . . I think calling it a "garbage book" is the only stretch here:

96irv2.jpg