• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,720 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Stupidest thing I’ve ever seen.  Paying big bucks for the 1st time someone picks up the hammer.  Sell quickly.

Says the arbiter of good taste and marketplace frenzy . . . I guess you were caught empty-handed on this one? :baiting:

Btw, vaz already . . . :flipbait:

Edited by divad

1 minute ago, divad said:
14 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Stupidest thing I’ve ever seen.  Paying big bucks for the 1st time someone picks up the hammer.  Sell quickly.

Says the arbiter of good taste and marketplace frenzy . . . I guess you were caught empty-handed on this one? :baiting:

The ultimate arbiter will be time.  Sell quickly is good advice.

We’ll revisit this down the road.

1 minute ago, 500Club said:

You will maybe, but I have no need to look back. :grin:

And I didn't need anyone's advice to follow a market trend. :sumo:

Edited by divad

6 hours ago, divad said:

Btw, vaz already . . . :flipbait:

Lol - you are right I didn’t buy any of these when the hype got leaked and it’s probably why I’m bitter.  I thought “people can’t be that stupid to get caught up in that kind of hype can they”?  I guessed wrong.  The whole market is crazy but this one is just loco.  Grab the money and don’t be stuck with the hot potatoes people.

52 copies on Thursday, 44 copies sold on Friday, 33 on Saturday and so far 1 today.  It’s still early but we will see how it does over the next 3 or 4 days.

Edited by 1Cool

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Lol - you are right I didn’t buy any of these when the hype got leaked and it’s probably why I’m bitter.  I thought “people can’t be that stupid to get caught up in that kind of hype can they”?  I guessed wrong.  The whole market is crazy but this one is just loco.  Grab the money and don’t be stuck with the hot potatoes people.

Wait.. u buy at the hype??

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

Wait.. u buy at the hype??

The original hype of when it became apparent it was going to be a thing. This one kind of snuck up on us. I bought one right then because I could still get in at a good price and sell in time.

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

The original hype of when it became apparent it was going to be a thing. This one kind of snuck up on us. I bought one right then because I could still get in at a good price and sell in time.

I picked up two last year for peanuts in a box at the LCS. And I remember seeing a third one at the same LCS marked up to $10 in January and thought "that's crazy, no meat on that to flip"

Ah well, got my goods moved this weekend and am more than happy!

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

ALWAYS sell on the hype  

the one time you sell on the hype and it actually sticks will equal 10 times you sell on the hype and the book will flop/be of no interest 48 hours from then

5 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

ALWAYS sell on the hype  

the one time you sell on the hype and it actually sticks will equal 10 times you sell on the hype and the book will flop/be of no interest 48 hours from then

I 100% agree but you would have to speculate in advance that some day Cap will wield the hammer and have it stick as the hot book of the week.  I’m pretty good but perdicting that one was beyond my skills.  I heard about it a bit ago and thought “no way that is going to be a thing.  By the time I run out and grab a few $20 copies the hype will be over”. Turned out I was dead wrong

22 hours ago, divad said:
22 hours ago, 500Club said:

You will maybe, but I have no need to look back. :grin:

I always look back.  Good way to gain insight going forward. 

18 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I 100% agree but you would have to speculate in advance that some day Cap will wield the hammer and have it stick as the hot book of the week.  I’m pretty good but perdicting that one was beyond my skills.  I heard about it a bit ago and thought “no way that is going to be a thing.  By the time I run out and grab a few $20 copies the hype will be over”. Turned out I was dead wrong

Yeah, I sold TOS 39, JIM 83/84, multiple FF 48s, GS X-men 1, multiple ASM 129s, 300s, ST 110, etc at the first blips of movie hype. Should have held on.

Edited by the blob

21 hours ago, the blob said:

Yeah, I sold TOS 39, JIM 83/84, multiple FF 48s, GS X-men 1, multiple ASM 129s, 300s, ST 110, etc at the first blips of movie hype. Should have held on.

With those books you can sell them at anytime, wait 5 years and you can likely say 'I should have held on'. 

9 hours ago, cd4ever said:
On 4/29/2019 at 11:57 AM, the blob said:

With those books you can sell them at anytime, wait 5 years and you can likely say 'I should have held on'. 

Shoulda, coulda, woulda . . . baby needs new shoes. :bigsmile:

On 4/28/2019 at 4:03 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Woo hoo! I have sporadic issues of Thor, but turns out I have this one, and it's a newsstand.

Thor_390_NS_F.thumb.jpeg.bb155868c1be74d7da583ad5a3ac8b5e.jpeg

Get it up there, young man!

52 copies on Thursday, 44 copies sold on Friday, 33 on Saturday, 35 on Sunday and 24 on Monday, 18 on Tuesday.  Still some nice prices being realized but the numbers keep dropping and we may be down to less then 10 copies sold a week after it exploded.  1 week on the hot chart is pretty good in this market.