• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

52 copies on Thursday, 44 copies sold on Friday, 33 on Saturday, 35 on Sunday and 24 on Monday, 18 on Tuesday.  Still some nice prices being realized but the numbers keep dropping and we may be down to less then 10 copies sold a week after it exploded.  1 week on the hot chart is pretty good in this market.

Bought two copies at the show on Saturday, sold them Sunday. Doubled my money, so I was satisfied.

On 4/30/2019 at 12:22 PM, cd4ever said:

With those books you can sell them at anytime, wait 5 years and you can likely say 'I should have held on'. 

A bunch of those have really exploded. FF 48 used to be a deal sweetener on many purchases back in the 90s. It was $ in guide, but did not sell so well, so on multiple occasions I had them tosses into deals for a stack of books to get me to bite. I blew out my copies for $50-200 a pop when FF 2 was announced (none were better than a 6.0) and I figured they'd never do any better. Luckily for my psyche none of those keys were really high grade.

13 hours ago, jcjames said:

Thor390 will drop and bounce right befor con season then probably settle back to a $15ish raw by summers end.

Or stay at a $70 level! LOL! 

Thor is a dead title outside of 337-339 for like a 300 issue stretch, so it would be nice to have another book of interest.

2 hours ago, the blob said:

Thor is a dead title outside of 337-339 for like a 300 issue stretch, so it would be nice to have another book of interest.

411/412 are always good sellers.

28 minutes ago, RCheli said:

411/412 are always good sellers.

Right, and it looks like 344 is now selling for more than $1 again. Anyway, we're still talking about 6 or 7 issues over the course of 10-15+ years.

Last night I went box diving for my copy of Thor 390. Found the box and started flipping through issues. Apparently, I started buying Thor at issue 391. :boo: :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Last night I went box diving for my copy of Thor 390. Found the box and started flipping through issues. Apparently, I started buying Thor at issue 391. :boo: :facepalm:

after 12 years of buying the title, I stopped at #384

Marvel Super Hero's Secret Wars has been been going up. I started and finished my run a few months back.  I spent around GPA prices and now am up about $400 on the run (based on GPA current value).  I think maybe a bunch of mid-aged guys started collecting again after Infinity Wars like I did :roflmao:.

2 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Marvel Super Hero's Secret Wars has been been going up. I started and finished my run a few months back.  I spent around GPA prices and now am up about $400 on the run (based on GPA current value).  I think maybe a bunch of mid-aged guys started collecting again after Infinity Wars like I did :roflmao:.

Love the avatar! :bigsmile:

Can anyone answer why Wonder Woman 18 seems to be flying off the shelves?  I had 2 copies sell before I started to pick up a trend.  I've got a handful left since I love the cover but I can't seem to figure out why it would be hot?

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Can anyone answer why Wonder Woman 18 seems to be flying off the shelves?  I had 2 copies sell before I started to pick up a trend.  I've got a handful left since I love the cover but I can't seem to figure out why it would be hot?

First appearance of the modern Circe. Why it is now exploding I do not know, but that's the first appearance in the book.

15 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Speculation that Russo Brothers would come back to do a Secret Wars movie. They said they liked that in an interview.

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

1 hour ago, FlyingDonut said:

First appearance of the modern Circe. Why it is now exploding I do not know, but that's the first appearance in the book.

17 (eyes) & 18 (legs) are cameo's of Circe. #19 is full. A popular YouTube'r mentioned it on their IG account as a correction to their previous mention in a vidoe that War of Gods #1 was her first. That's why that book jumped as well. But, it's incorrect.

Long play is she was rumored in Nov. to be in next Wonder Woman movie. Nothing near confirmed.

43 minutes ago, scooter99 said:

Thor 337 is jumping all of the sudden? 

Rumor of GotG 3 movie, nothing confirmed.

Come on peeps...B|

Edited by ygogolak

30 minutes ago, scooter99 said:

Thor 337 is jumping all of the sudden? 

Rumored to be in the GOTG 3 movie.  Not sure how high it can go since it already had a hefty price tag for a copper book and there is a ton in high grade.  I think the Canadian price variant is the way to go with this one.

7 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Rumored to be in the GOTG 3 movie.  Not sure how high it can go since it already had a hefty price tag for a copper book and there is a ton in high grade.  I think the Canadian price variant is the way to go with this one.

It's not even confirmed yet.

14 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Speculation that Russo Brothers would come back to do a Secret Wars movie. They said they liked that in an interview.

17 (eyes) & 18 (legs) are cameo's of Circe. #19 is full. A popular YouTube'r mentioned it on their IG account as a correction to their previous mention in a vidoe that War of Gods #1 was her first. That's why that book jumped as well. But, it's incorrect.

Long play is she was rumored in Nov. to be in next Wonder Woman movie. Nothing near confirmed.

Rumor of GotG 3 movie, nothing confirmed.

Come on peeps...B|

Thanks for the info.  So the mention of it on an IG account and a couple dozen copies get sold in a couple days?  Crazy days.