• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,765 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

Thanks for the info.  So the mention of it on an IG account and a couple dozen copies get sold in a couple days?  Crazy days.

Yup. You have to either be totally plugged into anything or don't bother chasing in this market now. And if you miss it by a couple days people have moved onto the next shiny object.

1 minute ago, Broke as a Joke said:

And?  Sadly, rumors are enough nowadays for a book to catch fire.  If you wait for an official confirmation you're probably too late.

Yes and no. I already sold my under copies based on this. But mainly because it will be at least two years, if not longer, until any images come about IF it's true. I can buy more in that time gap for cheaper than I just sold for. There is ZERO formula that applies to media now. It's all a guessing game depending on feel for each property.

34 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Speculation that Russo Brothers would come back to do a Secret Wars movie. They said they liked that in an interview.

17 (eyes) & 18 (legs) are cameo's of Circe. #19 is full. A popular YouTube'r mentioned it on their IG account as a correction to their previous mention in a vidoe that War of Gods #1 was her first. That's why that book jumped as well. But, it's incorrect.

Long play is she was rumored in Nov. to be in next Wonder Woman movie. Nothing near confirmed.

Rumor of GotG 3 movie, nothing confirmed.

Come on peeps...B|

Note that many other places - including the official DC fandom site - say Wonder Woman 18 is the first appearance.

Edited by FlyingDonut

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Speculation that Russo Brothers would come back to do a Secret Wars movie. They said they liked that in an interview.

17 (eyes) & 18 (legs) are cameo's of Circe. #19 is full. A popular YouTube'r mentioned it on their IG account as a correction to their previous mention in a vidoe that War of Gods #1 was her first. That's why that book jumped as well. But, it's incorrect.

Long play is she was rumored in Nov. to be in next Wonder Woman movie. Nothing near confirmed.

Rumor of GotG 3 movie, nothing confirmed.

Come on peeps...B|

Who was the popular youtuber?

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Right, so someone who didn't read it yet has thousands of followers on social media posts it so it's "true". The current "market" in a nutshell.

Live by the sword - die by the sword

3 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:
4 hours ago, scooter99 said:

Thor 337 is jumping all of the sudden? 

Rumored to be in the GOTG 3 movie.  Not sure how high it can go since it already had a hefty price tag for a copper book and there is a ton in high grade.  I think the Canadian price variant is the way to go with this one.

Potential dumb Q: Are all of the Canadian price variants newsstands?

On 5/1/2019 at 6:29 PM, jcjames said:

Thor390 will drop and bounce right befor con season then probably settle back to a $15ish raw by summers end.

Or stay at a $70 level! LOL! 

I agree but right now I see it on eBay with some outrageous prices. Glad I have my raw copy now I need to get it signed and then graded to have in my personal collection.

It really comes down to what CGC puts on their case in the future.  And baring that its comes down to what is on Wikipedia is showing since that is what most people check.  I searched 1st appearance of Circe and Google is saying Wonder Woman 18 is the modern 1st appearance.  18 has a much better cover so it wins.

We all have to remember that facts aren't nearly as important as what the market is saying. The market has told us that  IH #181 is more valuable than #180 and SPJO #134 is more valuable than Forever People #1. There is no rhyme or reason to it.