• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

On 6/12/2019 at 11:20 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It's funny, but when Peter David introduced his version of Supergirl in the '90s, she had the same power set that Superman originally had, and people called it lame.

1930s Supes would be lucky if the Legion of Substitute Heroes took him in. He was fortunate he never ran afoul of Billy Batson.

Then again, 1950s TV Superman used to laugh when  hoodlums shot him in the chest , but would duck when the empty gun was thrown at him.

Edited by shadroch

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

It’s only outrageous if you are calling it a 9.8 and charging $75 for a raw Power Pack 1.  Especially if the book has a 20% chance of getting a 9.8 if subbed.  If someone gaurenteed the book was a 9.8 or I’d get my money back (I’d eat the grading cost) then I’d be happy to pay $75 if the book looked perfect.

Label-kissers . . . .:baiting:

25 minutes ago, shadroch said:

1930s Supes would be lucky if the Legion of Substitute Heroes took him in. He was fortunate he never ran afoul of Billy Batson.

Then again, 1950s TV Superman used to laugh when  hoodlums shot him in the chest , but would duck when the empty gun was thrown at him.

hm  lol

48 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Well, it had some filthy criminal's dirty paw prints on it. You don't know where that thing has been

4 hours ago, shadroch said:

Then again, 1950s TV Superman used to laugh when hoodlums shot him in the chest, but would duck when the empty gun was thrown at him.

That is a classic memory! :applause:I saw George Reeves make a cameo appearance in From Here to Eternity the other night, so I was doubly thinking about him. Great movie, great cast. When I was a freshman in the dorm at UCONN in 1973-74, we always put down whatever we were doing at 4:30 in the afternoon to head up to Gibbons & Mac's room on the 3rd floor to smoke the smoke and watch the Superman reruns, followed by the Three Stooges and Max Fleischer's Popeye. If I stayed in the dorm, I would have NEVER graduated. :roflmao:

Edited by divad

As pointed out on the previous page, Moon Knight books are picking up steam.

The last 4 copies of 29 in 9.8 have sold for $350.00, $ 360.00, $369.00 and lastly $400.00 :ohnoez:

VERY tough black cover book.

Edited by Jordysnordy

7 hours ago, shiverbones said:

Not necessarily price gains, but the amount of swamp thing comics sold is way up across all titles since the show started. Nice to see some of the late run 2nd series issues doing fairly well.

I also noticed that Swamp Thing appearances in other titles (all ages) seem to be getting more attention.  Can someone do the legwork??? lol

9 hours ago, shiverbones said:

Not necessarily price gains, but the amount of swamp thing comics sold is way up across all titles since the show started. Nice to see some of the late run 2nd series issues doing fairly well.

That trend will come to a screeching halt as speculators realize the Swamp Thing show was cancelled after 1 episode.

4 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

That trend will come to a screeching halt as speculators realize the Swamp Thing show was cancelled after 1 episode.

shhh, give me a few more days please!