• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, divad said:

Here's one sale I owe to RMA's commentary . . . :) (both listing and selling.)

CAPTAIN AMERICA #350 Feb 1989 NM 9.4 W RED SKULL App MARVEL 68-PAGE GIANT ISSUE

CAPTAIN AMERICA #350 Feb 1989 NM 9.4 W RED SKULL App MARVEL 68-PAGE GIANT ISSUE

• $24.00
  • 1 bid
  • +$5.99 shipping
  • Jun-15 13:02
  • Seller: finegrime(132) 100%

You dare to call this NM with all that back cover staining and those lines running across the back cover?

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

You dare to call this NM with all that back cover staining and those lines running across the back cover?

Even if the grade were accurate, what kind of fool is forking over $30 to acquire a NM copy of this issue? :whatthe:

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It's a 9.4 copy as sure as the day is long. The "lines" are printing marks and there is no staining, some light discoloration yes, but certainly not staining. You can't read large scans that aren't manipulated and your opinions are sophomoric at best. That said . . . bite me. lol

Edited by divad

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

Even if the grade were accurate, what kind of fool is forking over $30 to acquire a NM copy of this issue? :whatthe:

Birds of a feather, flock together. lol (But perhaps you do have a point there . . . ) It only takes one bidder to buy a book, and seriously he was quite happy with his purchase. :luhv:

Edited by divad

2 hours ago, divad said:

Surprised, but not really . . . :)

ALPHA FLIGHT #1 MARVEL Aug 1983 9.4 NM OWW 1st App PUCK & MARRINA John BYRNE Art

ALPHA FLIGHT #1 MARVEL Aug 1983 9.4 NM OWW 1st App PUCK & MARRINA John BYRNE Art

• May-16 20:09
  • Seller: truegrime(471) 100%
  •  

You mean surprised that someone actually thought that was "NM"? 

:baiting:

:grin:

14 minutes ago, jcjames said:

You mean surprised that someone actually thought that was "NM"? 

:baiting:

:grin:

Actually, both. But in this case overhang can be a bear.  Or was that hangover? hm

Edited by divad

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

You dare to call this NM?

Oh, let me remind you, we have yet to see a single book (ever) listed by GAMP . . . what are you afraid of my "friend"? :roflmao:

10 hours ago, divad said:

Actually, both. But in this case overhang can be a bear.  Or was that hangover? hm

:grin: That bear musta tore the corner too!

Screenshot_2019-06-22-22-08-42.png

Edited by jcjames

3 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Detective #575 is due to the Phantasm hype...I think.

You're doing it wrong.  Divad post up outliers where he got crazy money for raw 9.8s and we kind of shake our heads.  Very few of his posts are indications of true hot books hitting the market.

You guys are skipping the consistent EBay overgrading that he has been shown to do (on these boards) time and time again.  His response?  "Buyers didn't complain and if they did, I offer a full refund." = "I take advantage of unsophisticated buyers who can't grade."