• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,720 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I cashed out on my Sandmans last year. I regret giving up on this series but it just never seemed feasible. Shouldn't have doubted Gaiman or Netflix. 

I suspect Netflix is going to start going after more properties that fit it's niche. Not standard super hero fair that we've seen before. 

The question is what's next? hm 

Well they bought Millar's entire catalog that's a start.

1 hour ago, BrooksR said:

Is the 1974 Sandman series still considered the first appearance? People used to list it that way back in the day when sandman was still running.

It never was considered his first. Brute and glob, the nightmares from a dolls house, did first appear there though

Nice. I was planning to blow out my Sandman run + multiples at the spring shows this year but was too lazy at the time to grade and price them. Looks like it paid off. lol 

1 minute ago, kimik said:

Nice. I was planning to blow out my Sandman run + multiples at the spring shows this year but was too lazy at the time to grade and price them. Looks like it paid off. lol 

Slack wins

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:29 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

Goldmine book, impossible to find in the wild, especially in 9.6, although now there is a 9.8 in the census (but still only 6 9.6s)

Not sure that many fans care enough about that book?  The blue pages yup, #8 editorial - absolutely, second print...eh?

15 hours ago, kimik said:

Sandman is a funny title, the full sets have always sold well, but you could probably piece them together individually pretty cheap. 

Once you get past 1, 4, 8 there's not a lot out there that can't be had pretty easily for a buck or two.....I just don't think people care that much about owning a full set, the readers will go after the primo sets like 'Absolute Sandman', which at full retail is quite actually costs more (for now anyway).  The speculators might jump on the full sets...

Yesterday, at the monthly comic show, there's a regular I chat with that's a pure keys speculator....errr collector I know, as he was walking out the door he bought a copy of #1.  He had that nervous, guilty look on his face like he just been caught rubbing one out.....I imagine guys like him will all jump on #1, 4 and 8....don't know if they would buy the single non-key books.

Edited by spreads

1 hour ago, spreads said:

Sandman is a funny title, the full sets have always sold well, but you could probably piece them together individually pretty cheap. 

Once you get past 1, 4, 8 there's not a lot out there that can't be had pretty easily for a buck or two.....I just don't think people care that much about owning a full set, the readers will go after the primo sets like 'Absolute Sandman', which at full retail is quite actually costs more (for now anyway).  The speculators might jump on the full sets...

Yeah, if you're patient you can put together an entire set minus #1, #4 and #8 for a hundred bucks or less. 

I suppose there's a possibility that the supporting cast take off in popularity due to the show and folks start hunting for the first appearances of The Corinthian or something, but it seems kind of unlikely tbh. 

2 hours ago, spreads said:

Not sure that many fans care enough about that book?  The blue pages yup, #8 editorial - absolutely, second print...eh?

I don't care enough about that book . . . but I'll buy your copy! :devil:

1 hour ago, rlextherobot said:

Yeah, if you're patient you can put together an entire set minus #1, #4 and #8 for a hundred bucks or less. 

I suppose there's a possibility that the supporting cast take off in popularity due to the show and folks start hunting for the first appearances of The Corinthian or something, but it seems kind of unlikely tbh. 

True, this was a book with a big readership, and a lot of those folks collected the floppies and then moved on to the trades or the hardcovers, etc. I see the series a lot at Half Price Books, places like that. There was a time when the first appearance of Daniel (21? 22? can't recall) had a significant price bump, not sure if that's still true or not? 

If this is anything like other media pops, there will be lots of "new" 1st apps that have a big ol' bump (especially if the character is cool.)  1st app of Hob Gadling, Azazel, Duma and Remiel, Nada, Cluracan and Nuada, Rose Walker, The Corinthian, the list is, well, Endless . . .   

On 7/2/2019 at 4:51 PM, valiantman said:
On 7/2/2019 at 4:23 PM, manetteska said:

Sandman 8 Editorial price bump? Or too niche?

Fewer than 75 CGC graded copies and I would guess most people who own them didn't buy them to flip.  It would take a big price bump to shake them loose, so I'm going to guess that it's too niche, but then again, there are twice as many CGC graded copies of Amazing Spider-Man #678 variant that sell for a lot more and it's the first appearance of nothing. lol

Well the one on eBay did sell; can't tell for how much though as watchcount is broke.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-SANDMAN-8-EDITORIAL-VARIANT-SIGNED-BY-NEIL-GAIMAN-1-OF-5-Netflix-/123641616165?hash=item1cc99d5725%3Ag%3AZncAAOSwsDZcSQlY&nma=true&si=NLtnOes4tiuUozI8uh7TQgXOKfo%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I picked up several copies of #1 when it first came out. I sold or traded a couple years ago, but I still have a 9.6, and a Neil-Gaiman–signed #1 and Orpheus Special (which is also the first appearance of one of the Endless), that also has a tiny sketch by Gaiman

13 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

Who knows if the netflix show is going to be any good?  The series won't last more than 3 seasons and then the books will tank. it's Sandman here, not the Walking Dead.  

The books obviously do not have the publishing length of the TWD, but Sandman is written a helluvalot better!

Edited by spreads
edit

13 hours ago, manetteska said:

That's a serious sale....but we're talking only a couple of these books out there, right?  On the subject of the paypal credit, those terms are awful, has anyone ever used it?!

Edited by spreads
edit