• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,769 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Sandman 8 Editorial price bump? Or too niche?

Fewer than 75 CGC graded copies and I would guess most people who own them didn't buy them to flip.  It would take a big price bump to shake them loose, so I'm going to guess that it's too niche, but then again, there are twice as many CGC graded copies of Amazing Spider-Man #678 variant that sell for a lot more and it's the first appearance of nothing. lol

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

No worse feeling than selling a book before the hype for a fraction of its price now (sandman 8), and not only that, but later on realizing you have a whole set of the title (1-75) with only that one missing :cry:

Aha! For once I've done the opposite (purely on accident, of course). Right before the announcement I sent in a couple #1's for a pre-screen. Don't know if they'll cut it (my Sandman issues always seems to have soft spines) but at least they'll get a press along the way.

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

No worse feeling than selling a book before the hype for a fraction of its price now (sandman 8), and not only that, but later on realizing you have a whole set of the title (1-75) with only that one missing :cry:

:foryou:

18 hours ago, manetteska said:

Sandman 8 Editorial price bump? Or too niche?

Wellllll what's the going rate on these, I was offered one last year for 1k?  I have two near complete sets of Sandman; I think I would rather add those beauty oversized hardcovers than that book.  I also have the blue pages error edition in beautiful shape.

On 7/2/2019 at 4:51 PM, valiantman said:

Fewer than 75 CGC graded copies and I would guess most people who own them didn't buy them to flip.  It would take a big price bump to shake them loose, so I'm going to guess that it's too niche, but then again, there are twice as many CGC graded copies of Amazing Spider-Man #678 variant that sell for a lot more and it's the first appearance of nothing. lol

all you need is for the Death character to be a hit, have a rumor of a spin off series (which there is already material for) and then have the sites bump that this is the copy to own. She stole the show when she appeared in the series, and many of us loved the character. I see history repeating itself.

I cashed out on my Sandmans last year. I regret giving up on this series but it just never seemed feasible. Shouldn't have doubted Gaiman or Netflix. 

I suspect Netflix is going to start going after more properties that fit it's niche. Not standard super hero fair that we've seen before. 

The question is what's next? hm