• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, spreads said:

That's a serious sale....but we're talking only a couple of these books out there, right?  On the subject of the paypal credit, those terms are awful, has anyone ever used it?!

are you asking if anyone's used PayPal credit? with purchases of $99+ you have 6 months to pay it off, with no interest until after 6 months, "if" it isn't paid off already?

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's a serious sale....but we're talking only a couple of these books out there, right?  On the subject of the paypal credit, those terms are awful, has anyone ever used it?!

are you asking if anyone's used PayPal credit? with purchases of $99+ you have 6 months to pay it off, with no interest until after 6 months, "if" it isn't paid off already?

I see what your talking about with that last link, the terms I just put in quotes is what I use...

The Paypal Credit terms of the $144 for 24 months in the listing is for a $2,999 item, which is even more special financing over 24 months, but the longer the terms to pay off, they need to charge a little extra and on a big item it gets O.o I agree I wouldn't use those terms :foryou: 

Still 6 months no interest at list price when it is $99+ isn't too bad (thumbsu 

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

I’ve bought some nice $1000-$1500 books with PayPal credit I pay them off in less than six months with no interest and I buy another

There is also in that last link when your looking to buy an offer using PayPal credit to pay over 24 months instead of 6...

that may be what he is implying... :shy: 

When that is applied, PayPal charges more than the original total, but over a longer time, resulting in lower payments per month...

15 hours ago, manetteska said:

If we're talking graded, the census shows 72 overall, of which 5 are SS (highest grade a 9.6).

Allegedly 600 were produced.

19 hours ago, manetteska said:

CGC 9.4 Sandman #8 Editorial Variant (signed by Gaiman) sold for $2,800 according to GPAnalysis (Best Offer accepted) - Cert# 1614155004

35 minutes ago, valiantman said:
19 hours ago, manetteska said:

CGC 9.4 Sandman #8 Editorial Variant (signed by Gaiman) sold for $2,800 according to GPAnalysis (Best Offer accepted) - Cert# 1614155004

Thanks. Time to test the waters....

21 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

Who knows if the netflix show is going to be any good?  The series won't last more than 3 seasons and then the books will tank. it's Sandman here, not the Walking Dead.  

This is the heating up thread. If that was the barometer for posting there wouldn't be any posts for the past 5 years.

On 7/8/2019 at 7:02 PM, Kevin76 said:

Who knows if the netflix show is going to be any good?  The series won't last more than 3 seasons and then the books will tank. it's Sandman here, not the Walking Dead.  

It apparently has an enormous budget. That’s no guarantee of quality but at least it means they’re taking it seriously, trying to compete with HBO’s prestige shows. I thought the Marvel Netflix shows were fun so there’s a decent chance they’ll do this right.  I hope they keep the horror aspects.

As for the comics just a few weeks ago I went through my issues and discovered I have all but twenty or so of the issues of the original run. I decided I would gradually pick them up and then this news broke. Unfortunate timing on my part. Do you think the one shots and Death miniseries will appreciate? Maybe people will clamor for that Death Talks About Life aids awareness issue, I’ve got at least a dozen of those 🤷‍♂️ 😆

12 hours ago, BrooksR said:

It apparently has an enormous budget. That’s no guarantee of quality but at least it means they’re taking it seriously, trying to compete with HBO’s prestige shows. I thought the Marvel Netflix shows were fun so there’s a decent chance they’ll do this right.  I hope they keep the horror aspects.

As for the comics just a few weeks ago I went through my issues and discovered I have all but twenty or so of the issues of the original run. I decided I would gradually pick them up and then this news broke. Unfortunate timing on my part. Do you think the one shots and Death miniseries will appreciate? Maybe people will clamor for that Death Talks About Life aids awareness issue, I’ve got at least a dozen of those 🤷‍♂️ 😆

It's a shame HBO passed, I felt like this could be maybe their next GOT....

22 hours ago, Bird said:

I’ve bought some nice $1000-$1500 books with PayPal credit I pay them off in less than six months with no interest and I buy another

When you use the terms, is there anything that would indicate to the seller you used paypal credit, I guess not?  I would be curious to know how much this add-on increases sales (activity) on ebay....

9 minutes ago, spreads said:

When you use the terms, is there anything that would indicate to the seller you used paypal credit, I guess not?  I would be curious to know how much this add-on increases sales (activity) on ebay....

not that I know of.

4 hours ago, spreads said:

I forget the exact details, but the paypal transaction email always looks different.  I can usually tell when someone used paypal credit vs just paying for it.

It's doesn't spell it out directly on the email, but the format of the email is different.

Btw, for those who may not have noticed, PayPal Credit was recently taken over by another bank; a bank noted for it's high interest credit rates that handles many retailer-specific credit cards. I am not surprised that  PayPal subcontracts this feature.

22 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

I forget the exact details, but the paypal transaction email always looks different.  I can usually tell when someone used paypal credit vs just paying for it.

It's doesn't spell it out directly on the email, but the format of the email is different.

Interesting.  What % would you say are using this, 1 in 5, 10? 20?

On 7/8/2019 at 12:47 PM, spreads said:

Not sure that many fans care enough about that book?  The blue pages yup, #8 editorial - absolutely, second print...eh?

There are more than 3 times the number of graded copies of the #8 editorial versus 75 second print.  Fans can't find it, is what you meant to say.

55 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:

There are more than 3 times the number of graded copies of the #8 editorial versus 75 second print.  Fans can't find it, is what you meant to say.

Sandman #8 Berger editorial has been a key issue for the title and for the 1980s for basically 30 years.

No one cared enough about Sandman #75 second print to even send a single copy to CGC before October 11, 2016.

Since October 2016, there have been more copies of Sandman #75 second print graded by CGC.

Just now, valiantman said:

Sandman #8 Berger editorial has been a key issue for the title and for the 1980s for basically 30 years.

No one cared enough about Sandman #75 second print to even send a single copy to CGC before October 11, 2016.

Since October 2016, there have been more copies of Sandman #75 second print graded by CGC.

Awesome content, thanks!

11 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:
12 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Awesome content, thanks!

Don't get me wrong... I really like books that stay under the radar for 20 years before they are discovered like Sandman #75 second printing as something new and fun to pursue, but they're essentially late-bloomer rarities which rely on rarity alone.  I'm not a fan of "because it's rare" arguments, especially for recent books, so it is better to be "because it's rare" after 20 years (Sandman #75 second printing), but it doesn't beat "because it was a key issue already and the variant is legitimately low print" (Sandman #8 Berger).

There are so many rare books (many of them artificially rare) that rely on "because it's rare" as their only redeeming characteristic that I'm quickly getting to the point that "because it would already be a key even if it wasn't rare" is the only way to separate the quality needles from the variant haystack.

Edited by valiantman