• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

I love the way certain people cover up their obsessive compulsive need to attack certain others with passive aggressive comments that don't mention the target by name as if that will help them avoid discipline for breaking the rules. 

Just food for thought.

This comment is exactly what you are talking about. (shrug)

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Will be a $100-200 book by the fall. Strong buy recommend under $70 for a fast (6 month max) flip.

Why? The Endless aren't really relevant to the DCU despite occasionally popping up in DCU issues. At any time when Captain Atom 42 is a multi-hundred dollar book, Sandman 8 should be, what, $1000?

On 7/13/2019 at 7:32 PM, fastballspecial said:

There is an old story about people using credit to buy things on margin with the hopes of selling them for more later......

If you are going that route find a card that pays you back at least as well.

The trap is they are hoping your life goes to hell in those 6 months and you are on the ringer.

Indeed, but if your life really goes to hell in those six months . . . so are they! lol

54 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

I love the way certain people cover up their obsessive compulsive need to attack certain others with passive aggressive comments that don't mention the target by name as if that will help them avoid discipline for breaking the rules. 

Just food for thought.

You're still here (shrug)

45 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:
50 minutes ago, Bird said:

This comment is exactly what you are talking about. (shrug)

No, some people constantly post that garbage, and it's very clear who those people are.

It is and they think they are being slick and clever by not naming the person they are attacking but if you're paying attention you know what's going on.

52 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Why? The Endless aren't really relevant to the DCU despite occasionally popping up in DCU issues. At any time when Captain Atom 42 is a multi-hundred dollar book, Sandman 8 should be, what, $1000?

Are you really asking why in this market? Seriously?

Shall I point you to the FCBD Umbrella Academy 1 book? Note I am not in any way saying "Captain Atom 42 is a great key book." I am speculating that by the fall it will be a strong seller in the $100-200 range. This price will not be sustainable. If you can buy one now for $50, hold it for six months and flip it for $100, you win.

1 minute ago, FlyingDonut said:

Are you really asking why in this market? Seriously?

Shall I point you to the FCBD Umbrella Academy 1 book? Note I am not in any way saying "Captain Atom 42 is a great key book." I am speculating that by the fall it will be a strong seller in the $100-200 range. This price will not be sustainable. If you can buy one now for $50, hold it for six months and flip it for $100, you win.

I understand that the market is ridiculous and that the prices will not be sustainable. But why would that issue sell for so much? It's obviously not her first appearance and her appearances in the DCU have no special significance.

2 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

I understand that the market is ridiculous and that the prices will not be sustainable. But why would that issue sell for so much? It's obviously not her first appearance and her appearances in the DCU have no special significance.

Because the market thinks they do - as shown by the spiking pricing on a random Captain Atom book. Same reason that Detective Comics 737 spiked.

17 hours ago, Jeffro™ said:

It is and they think they are being slick and clever by not naming the person they are attacking but if you're paying attention you know what's going on.

Well, that leaves me out . . . because you don't have to pay attention to know what I think and who I'm saying it about! lol

16 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Because the market thinks they do - as shown by the spiking pricing on a random Captain Atom book. Same reason that Detective Comics 737 spiked.

Although, to its credit, "The Code" is a great storyline featuring Harley's first thoughts of independence from the Joker, IIRC.

raw Kraven's Last Hunt sets are hot at $85-$125 for "NM"

I sold one set a week or two ago at $55 shipped and thought that I did okay :facepalm:

I need one book for a second set, will definitely be trying to piece a few more together from the show I am going to next week

22 hours ago, Bird said:

raw Kraven's Last Hunt sets are hot at $85-$125 for "NM"

I sold one set a week or two ago at $55 shipped and thought that I did okay :facepalm:

I need one book for a second set, will definitely be trying to piece a few more together from the show I am going to next week

That is still one of the best Spidey storylines ever. I take it people are speculating now re: future movie appearance?

18 hours ago, kimik said:

That is still one of the best Spidey storylines ever. I take it people are speculating now re: future movie appearance?

Also the current ASM issue are focusing on a similar storyline....that might be driving some of this.  

82c8bcc80a5d133b05cc715515254c65.jpg

Been away from comics for quite some time (work, life, magic cards etc), and spent 2 hrs at the bar last nite researching prices on Sandman books. WOW, may have to sell my collection due to the prices of some stuff. Just in shock. Now i need to see what else I've missed lately. 

49 minutes ago, cujobyte said:

Been away from comics for quite some time (work, life, magic cards etc), and spent 2 hrs at the bar last nite researching prices on Sandman books. WOW, may have to sell my collection due to the prices of some stuff. Just in shock. Now i need to see what else I've missed lately. 

I’ve been away for a long time too. I think you would get the most if you wait and sell when the trailers come and the excitement spreads beyond serious collectors. Then again I don’t understand the current market, it seems crazy to me.