• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,769 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, kimik said:

The hot comic apps must have taken the long weekend off............

Seems to be a lot of concentration on new and Bronze Age books this week.

Here are some recent sales

Namor # 1 CGC 9.8 $79.99, although i have seen some crazy prices up on Ebay, it was gone in less than 12 hours

Secret Wars 2 # 1 CGC 9.8 $69.99

Saga of Human Torch # 2 CGC 9.8  $99.99 only graded 9.8 copy

X-men # 5 CGC 9.8 $ 59.99 lots of watchers

Batman # 500 CGC 9.8 $59.99 Collector's Edition

Death the High Cost of Living # 1 CGC 9.8 $99.99

Batman # 491 CGC 9.8 $59.99

Batman # 404 CGC 9.8 $129.99

23 hours ago, valiantman said:

Rai #0 is definitely "heating up" in terms of volumes being traded.  Not necessarily higher prices, but we've had 15 years of "total dollars" for Valiant 1990s with Harbinger #1 at the top of the list.  Rai #0 has moved Harbinger #1 down to 2nd on "total dollars".  Obviously, CGC 9.8 Harbinger #1 is still worth more than CGC 9.8 Rai #0, but when you look at "total dollars changing hands" for 1990s Valiant CGC slabs, more dollars are moving around Rai #0.

Bloodshot (Vin Diesel) movie from Sony is Feb. 21, 2020, less than 6 months, and the first trailer is supposed to drop "by October" (but no specific date yet).

Very interesting....who would have thought, even with Harby 1 at very strong prices (albeit not at highs).

18 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

LOL

Although in this book's defense, in the plethora of copper age comic collections it doesn't seem to be as common as other titles.  This is purely anecdotal of course....

1 hour ago, spreads said:

LOL

Although in this book's defense, in the plethora of copper age comic collections it doesn't seem to be as common as other titles.  This is purely anecdotal of course....

I remember when it came out, I was buying soooo much Marvel stuff. I passed because it looked too "old-timey"

8 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

I remember when it came out, I was buying soooo much Marvel stuff. I passed because it looked too "old-timey"

I remember buying the first issue off of the stands. I didn't know anything about the Black Knight other than I thought the costume looked cool. I remember being disappointed because the book was so dull, and I'd spent $1.50 on it, which seemed high at the time for a Marvel, though I could be misremembering that part.

1 hour ago, spreads said:
On 9/4/2019 at 12:33 PM, valiantman said:

Rai #0 is definitely "heating up" in terms of volumes being traded.  Not necessarily higher prices, but we've had 15 years of "total dollars" for Valiant 1990s with Harbinger #1 at the top of the list.  Rai #0 has moved Harbinger #1 down to 2nd on "total dollars".  Obviously, CGC 9.8 Harbinger #1 is still worth more than CGC 9.8 Rai #0, but when you look at "total dollars changing hands" for 1990s Valiant CGC slabs, more dollars are moving around Rai #0.

Bloodshot (Vin Diesel) movie from Sony is Feb. 21, 2020, less than 6 months, and the first trailer is supposed to drop "by October" (but no specific date yet).

Very interesting....who would have thought, even with Harby 1 at very strong prices (albeit not at highs).

Total GPA dollars reported all-time (all grades):

Harbinger #1 = $330K

Rai #0 = $197K

Eternal Warrior #4 = $133K

However, in 2019 (so far) the totals are:

Rai #0 = $75K

Harbinger #1 = $48K

Eternal Warrior #4 = $31K

1 hour ago, mrwoogieman said:

I noticed a couple of the Marvel 25th Anniversary "portrait covers" seem to sell pretty well. Any info on which ones are more popular than others? 

They've definitely gained a following and are a fun set to put together. Not sure how you're gauging "popular", but the under-the-radar Star Comics books are generally the toughest to find in better-than-marginal shape and especially any of those books in 9.6 or 9.8 -- they're going to be very expensive.

42 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:
2 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

I noticed a couple of the Marvel 25th Anniversary "portrait covers" seem to sell pretty well. Any info on which ones are more popular than others? 

They've definitely gained a following and are a fun set to put together. Not sure how you're gauging "popular", but the under-the-radar Star Comics books are generally the toughest to find in better-than-marginal shape and especially any of those books in 9.6 or 9.8 -- they're going to be very expensive.

https://comiclists.wordpress.com/2014/05/07/marvel-25th-anniversary-covers/

Here's a little write up on the different issues in the series.

10 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

Besides what's already been mentioned, the obvious desirable ones would be from highly collected series, so ASM and X-Men are probably going to be a little more expensive. The Captain America issue features the first Super Patriot (who becomes Captain America and later USAgent), so that's going to be collectible for that reason. New Mutants 45 features a great BWS cover of Magik and contains one of the best single-issue stories of the Copper Age.