• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,782 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

It’s ok kid. Thing is it doesn’t really hurt.

You aren't as smart as you think you are Dr. shoo. :bigsmile: Let's take a look at 188 posts and see what you've contributed here. :whistle:

16 hours ago, divad said:

You aren't as smart as you think you are Dr. shoo. :bigsmile: Let's take a look at 188 posts and see what you've contributed here. :whistle:

If not having a lot of posts is reason to denigrate members you’re discouraging new people (like me) from joining these boards.

If you want this hobby to grow we should all make this a friendly welcoming place.

16 hours ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

This guy has been popping up quite a bit lately.

4095C11A-A8D3-4B61-B134-58D129CFCC5A.thumb.jpeg.96991eb635257827eae5f7e4dabbdd1e.jpeg

Is it because it’s a Superman #1 homage, combined with the retirement of George Perez? 

DC recently announced George Perez’s Superman is getting the deluxe hardcover treatment, so that could have created a little more interest than usual

57 minutes ago, Hekla said:

DC recently announced George Perez’s Superman is getting the deluxe hardcover treatment, so that could have created a little more interest than usual

Wow, I’m slipping. I did not know that, thank you! Luckily I got my copy of AC #643 back in 2012. Now if all the other covers he did for the title would come out of the woodwork in 9.8 holders!

On 9/20/2019 at 9:47 AM, divad said:

Thanks, but this is 13 books - basically selling for $10 apiece . . . you may think it's heating up, but it'snot lol And if you sell #1 alone for a nice chunk, what's that leave you?

It's not bragging, it's market insight (but I don't expect you guys to GET it.) I don't follow spec sites or pump and dumps, but it seems that all you guys do. :bigsmile:

Keep it up Divad!  I am definitely interested in those sales. 

On 9/22/2019 at 10:01 AM, BrooksR said:

If not having a lot of posts is reason to denigrate members you’re discouraging new people (like me) from joining these boards.

If you want this hobby to grow we should all make this a friendly welcoming place.

Just stick him on ignore...

15 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Had to tell this story.

You guys haven't lived till you go to Estate sale that has around 7to 8K books stacked in one room on tables.

$2 a book and if you bought 100 it was $1.

All late Bronze to early Copper books with a smidge of early BA

Most of the keys were picked and who could blame them.I did find CA217, Ms Marvel 16 and a ton of last issues and high 
grader copper and bronze. Funniest 2 hours I have ever spent got 350 books.

It was the politest free for all I have ever seen.

^^ 

9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Had to tell this story.

You guys haven't lived till you go to Estate sale that has around 7to 8K books stacked in one room on tables.

Most of the keys were picked and who could blame them.I did find CA217, Ms Marvel 16 and a ton of last issues and high 

Any nice DC's?:wishluck:

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Had to tell this story.

I went to an estate auction with 25 longs, all books crammed in bags without boards. Sadly it was buyers choice, but it was still fun going through all the boxes before they came up for sale.

13 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Had to tell this story.

Were the keys picked before the public got in there or picked by other buyers?

Best "estate sale" I went to was almost entirely comics, toys, and other kid-related stuff from the 70's-90's. Earlier customers were walking about with huge bundles of GI Joe vehicles and sets in boxes.

Two full rooms of comics; a few big keys were priced separately (ASM 129, ASM 300, Harbinger 1, etc.) but everything else was (I think) $5 for bronze and $1 for anything newer. With all of the keys still in there. I was not the first comic guy in there, but still left with a huge haul.

I doubt I'll ever see anything like that again.

19 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Had to tell this story.

Sounds like Evansville last Sat. If it was, I was there and got 220 books.

You're right, it was a pretty friendly chaos.

10 hours ago, johnenock said:
19 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Had to tell this story.

Any nice DC's?:wishluck:

Some, but not a lot. Apparently at the table I was at was more Marvel.
I think I picked up some Freedom Fighters, last issues of All Star Comics in the 60s and 70s
and some Ragman among others. Here is what was left 1 hour in on one table. I wanted to take more pics
but man competition was fierce fortunately I am good shape for my age and I was faster.

image.thumb.png.9206526eb35913fbbb04b21bbdf22cdb.png

Edited by fastballspecial

6 hours ago, manetteska said:
20 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Had to tell this story.

Were the keys picked before the public got in there or picked by other buyers?

Best "estate sale" I went to was almost entirely comics, toys, and other kid-related stuff from the 70's-90's. Earlier customers were walking about with huge bundles of GI Joe vehicles and sets in boxes.

Two full rooms of comics; a few big keys were priced separately (ASM 129, ASM 300, Harbinger 1, etc.) but everything else was (I think) $5 for bronze and $1 for anything newer. With all of the keys still in there. I was not the first comic guy in there, but still left with a huge haul.

I doubt I'll ever see anything like that again.

Yes they were picked before any of us got there. I cant blame them there was another 5K or so of SA and BA I was told
in another location that was more valuable that would not be available for sale.

Here is the one thing that bothered me, but all is fair I guess. 

3 guys came from out of town with long boxes and they loaded them up in the 1st 15 min
and then went thru what they had. I guess its efficient, but in a way it seemed just not right.
They got there 1st so they got in 1st which was fine with me I was right behind them.

I found several mini keys and several 100 books in high grade which is what I wanted anyway.
I can sell all these books and keep some for myself. I am not really into getting keys as much 
anymore. I rather sell more books that are high grade for smaller amounts and acquire more 
customers then one book any day. Years of doing this has taught me that one.

Edited by fastballspecial

38 minutes ago, ned said:
20 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Had to tell this story.

Sounds like Evansville last Sat. If it was, I was there and got 220 books.

You're right, it was a pretty friendly chaos.

It wasn't Evansville though. And you are right it was friendly chaos.

Id do that every week if I could lol.

Were your books in as high grade as mine were?