• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,782 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Had to tell this story.

You guys haven't lived till you go to Estate sale that has around 7to 8K books stacked in one room on tables.

$2 a book and if you bought 100 it was $1.

All late Bronze to early Copper books with a smidge of early BA

Most of the keys were picked and who could blame them.I did find CA217, Ms Marvel 16 and a ton of last issues and high 
grader copper and bronze. Funniest 2 hours I have ever spent got 350 books.

It was the politest free for all I have ever seen.

I saw this and thought about going.  I figured it would be a madhouse.

I'm glad some boardies were able to make out with some good stuff.

Edited by WeR138

It

9 minutes ago, WeR138 said:
20 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Had to tell this story.

You guys haven't lived till you go to Estate sale that has around 7to 8K books stacked in one room on tables.

$2 a book and if you bought 100 it was $1.

All late Bronze to early Copper books with a smidge of early BA

Most of the keys were picked and who could blame them.I did find CA217, Ms Marvel 16 and a ton of last issues and high 
grader copper and bronze. Funniest 2 hours I have ever spent got 350 books.

It was the politest free for all I have ever seen.

I saw this and thought about going.  I figured it would be a madhouse.

It was fun, but you would have had what a 2 hour drive at least?

Just now, fastballspecial said:

It

It was fun, but you would have had what a 2 hour drive at least?

Yes. Around an hour and a half at least. 

The photos for the sale left me wondering if there were really 7,000 comics.   

Hope you and ned got some nice books!

44 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

It wasn't Evansville though. And you are right it was friendly chaos.

Id do that every week if I could lol.

Were your books in as high grade as mine were?

Yeah, I got nice high grade Master of Kung Fu, Kamandi, Swamp Thing issues, and some Star (Marvel) Comics.

Just now, ned said:
47 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

It wasn't Evansville though. And you are right it was friendly chaos.

Id do that every week if I could lol.

Were your books in as high grade as mine were?

Yeah, I got nice high grade Master of Kung Fu, Kamandi, Swamp Thing issues, and some Star (Marvel) Comics.

I didn't see any Star at my table at all. I did see the Kamandi's and saw someone handing SW issues out.

Did you hear the guy asking for Superman books that everyone else hated? :insane: I got a laugh out of that.

What was weird was the collector would buy like 10 copies sometimes of some books. I got 10 copies of 
Uncanny X-Men 142 just by luck of where I started looking.

3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Did you hear the guy asking for Superman books that everyone else hated? :insane: I got a laugh out of that.

I did, and after taking my books to the car and looking at all the tools out back, I went back in just to see what was left. He was picking through all the Superman books and putting most of them back.

A Moon Knight #14 in CGC 9.8 White just sold on ebay for an INCREDIBLE price of $1,105.  I really wanted it but the bidding got to rich for my blood.  Hopefully, people will start sending their #14's in for grading and more 9.8's will turn up.
#14 is the only issue I need to complete the 1st series all in 9.8 White....38 issues.  I only have the #14 in 9.6 white. 

12 hours ago, musicmeta said:

A Moon Knight #14 in CGC 9.8 White just sold on ebay for an INCREDIBLE price of $1,105.  I really wanted it but the bidding got to rich for my blood.  Hopefully, people will start sending their #14's in for grading and more 9.8's will turn up.
#14 is the only issue I need to complete the 1st series all in 9.8 White....38 issues.  I only have the #14 in 9.6 white. 

You may have to up your game a bit since it was announced yesterday that is a hot 1st appearance book.  I'm not even sure who the character is but if they really do show up in the Moon Knight show the prices will only go up from here.  But $1,100 sure is steep!

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

You may have to up your game a bit since it was announced yesterday that is a hot 1st appearance book.  I'm not even sure who the character is but if they really do show up in the Moon Knight show the prices will only go up from here.  But $1,100 sure is steep!

:cry:  I didn't know that! I've been keeping up but you're right if that character is in the movie, prices might even go higher! At least there should be a small bump on my 9.6 one if prices escalate on the 9.8.

16 hours ago, musicmeta said:

Wonderful tip!

These 8 copies are off to CGC this week and are guaranteed 9.8 - White Pages.  Not a single spine tick on the dark cover and smooth as glass!  Nothing but perfection.

moonknight14(9.8).jpg

Edited by Red_Hood

1 minute ago, Red_Hood said:

Wonderful tip!

These 8 copies are off to CGC this week and are guaranteed 9.8 - White Pages.  Not a single spine tick on the dark cover and smooth as glass!  Nothing but perfection.

moonknight14(9.8).jpg

:flipbait:but seriously, hoping for the best! :whee: 

36 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

Wonderful tip!

moonknight14(9.8).jpg

They'll come back in 9.2 cases. Just you watch. ;)

59 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

Wonderful tip!

moonknight14(9.8).jpg

:applause: Great!  FANTASTIC!  I hope they all come back in 9.8 white!!!  I want one!

I was also following the MK 14 and was very surprised at the final price.

Census numbers are very low on this book - and no reason they shouldn’t be until now. I will be very curious to see how much the census jumps in the next few months.

B6AC56A8-C91F-4407-B409-4E36D0D80515.png

7 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

Wonderful tip!

moonknight14(9.8).jpg

:golfclap:

6 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

8.5 cream to tan pages....   :wishluck:

With Newton Rings. 

On 9/26/2019 at 11:51 AM, manetteska said:

Were the keys picked before the public got in there or picked by other buyers?

Best "estate sale" I went to was almost entirely comics, toys, and other kid-related stuff from the 70's-90's. Earlier customers were walking about with huge bundles of GI Joe vehicles and sets in boxes.

Two full rooms of comics; a few big keys were priced separately (ASM 129, ASM 300, Harbinger 1, etc.) but everything else was (I think) $5 for bronze and $1 for anything newer. With all of the keys still in there. I was not the first comic guy in there, but still left with a huge haul.

I doubt I'll ever see anything like that again.

How did you hear about it?