• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,796 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Me and @divad used to sell this for $20+ Even before any announcement was made

15 minutes ago, divad said:

yep, it's always been popular in grade . . . but let's see how high it spikes.

Now that other people are looking at it, I suspect $15.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:05 AM, kimik said:

Anything with a 1st appearance that is tied to a movie.

Unfortunately although I am an avid collector of Marvel Pre-Hero Gold, Silver and Early Bronze I do not follow the movies and I am not real familiar with most books from the 80's/90's. (I am familiar with some because I was buying them new when I got back into collecting in 79.)

Since I do not follow the movies I have no idea what is coming out, what characters are being portrayed or what storyline they are following.

The only reason for the question is that my Son is selling his collection and he only received one offer from a dealer.

Even though there are key/hot books that I knew of in the collection the dealer that came out to look pointed out a couple more so I am trying to find out what else may be in there of any value that we are not aware of.

3 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

Unfortunately although I am an avid collector of Marvel Pre-Hero Gold, Silver and Early Bronze I do not follow the movies and I am not real familiar with most books from the 80's/90's. (I am familiar with some because I was buying them new when I got back into collecting in 79.)

Since I do not follow the movies I have no idea what is coming out, what characters are being portrayed or what storyline they are following.

The only reason for the question is that my Son is selling his collection and he only received one offer from a dealer.

Even though there are key/hot books that I knew of in the collection the dealer that came out to look pointed out a couple more so I am trying to find out what else may be in there of any value that we are not aware of.

Get the key collector app to see if there is anything else worthwhile: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/key-collector-comics-app/id1189623811

It is great for identifying key/hot books that you many not be aware of.

32 minutes ago, kimik said:
38 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

Get the key collector app to see if there is anything else worthwhile: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/key-collector-comics-app/id1189623811

It is great for identifying key/hot books that you many not be aware of.

Well depending on the age of your son, this may be an opportunity to do some internet research and sleuthing on his own and gain a little perspective on business and economics.  Put in a little bit of work to maximize his profit.  He can look up sold prices on ebay, see which ones have some value, and then research why.

3 minutes ago, revat said:

Well depending on the age of your son, this may be an opportunity to do some internet research and sleuthing on his own and gain a little perspective on business and economics.  Put in a little bit of work to maximize his profit.  He can look up sold prices on ebay, see which ones have some value, and then research why.

Yes best way to delve into the investment aspect.

Maybe something bigger will come of it or maybe not.

Research and profit is the catalyst to making a hobby a business.

8 minutes ago, revat said:

He probably already knows about business and economics since he has a degree in Accounting.

My Son is 43 and he does not have the time to do all of the legwork that would be involved, I would have to do it, basically they want to get rid of the books as quickly and painlessly as possible while still getting what they feel is a good $$ number, they are not looking to make a killing.

He already has a list I made of his top 35 with the grade and FMV.

All I am going to tell him is that before he sells anything tell me what he is selling or being offered for a certain book(s) and I can give him FMV.

33 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:
49 minutes ago, revat said:

He probably already knows about business and economics since he has a degree in Accounting.

My Son is 43 and he does not have the time to do all of the legwork that would be involved, I would have to do it, basically they want to get rid of the books as quickly and painlessly as possible while still getting what they feel is a good $$ number, they are not looking to make a killing.

He already has a list I made of his top 35 with the grade and FMV.

All I am going to tell him is that before he sells anything tell me what he is selling or being offered for a certain book(s) and I can give him FMV.

In that case, for ease and simplicity, you could get some pictures of the keys and general descriptions of the rest, and post them here.  Boardies can give you a rough reasonable estimates for selling the whole lot, and then you can list locally on craigslist at a price 20-30% over that amount, then just take the highest offer.  Or you might live near a trusted boardie willing to sell for you on commission. good luck! 

That seems like the easiest way and getting some moderate cash

1 hour ago, revat said:

In that case, for ease and simplicity, you could get some pictures of the keys and general descriptions of the rest, and post them here.  Boardies can give you a rough reasonable estimates for selling the whole lot, and then you can list locally on craigslist at a price 20-30% over that amount, then just take the highest offer.  Or you might live near a trusted boardie willing to sell for you on commission. good luck! 

That seems like the easiest way and getting some moderate cash

Such a thread by the OP has already been happening here:

20 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Such a thread by the OP has already been happening here:

Yes there is another thread that was opened first and nobody actually answered the question of  "Do We Have A Whats Hot, Whats Not Section?", the thread turned into a debate about my Son's method of selling and what he can expect to sell his books for which I have had enough of, they did however direct me to the Sub-Forums so here I am, so again...

Can Anybody Tell Me Which Marvel Books From The 80's/90's Are Hot Right Now?

If nobody wants to or is not able to answer that question without straying from the subject then I will say Thanks to all that responded and we will consider this topic closed.

17 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

Can Anybody Tell Me Which Marvel Books From The 80's/90's Are Hot Right Now?

If nobody wants to or is not able to answer that question without straying from the subject then I will say Thanks to all that responded and we will consider this topic closed.

The reason you haven't received an exact response- despite the bold font which is clearly important here - is because it's impossible to answer this poorly phrased question.  What's hot, this week, today, last month?  In the modern age sooo many of these 90s books can be hot one day, then next week cool off.  Modern books the window might be 24 hours or less...really it seems like you don't want to put in any type of work at all and want to have everyone spoon fed you answers. 

52 minutes ago, spreads said:

The reason you haven't received an exact response- despite the bold font which is clearly important here - is because it's impossible to answer this poorly phrased question.  What's hot, this week, today, last month?  In the modern age sooo many of these 90s books can be hot one day, then next week cool off.  Modern books the window might be 24 hours or less...really it seems like you don't want to put in any type of work at all and want to have everyone spoon fed you answers. 

We will agree to disagree and I am sorry you feel that way, lets move on and forget I even asked...Case Closed.