• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,720 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Probably, but since my cost on them was about 40 cents each, I'm good with it.

Hey no judgement here at all, you are great at this!

I was merely pointing out that the OP was looking for hot books and while the ASM 300 and SSM 64 are definitely popular books, they are down a bit off their recent highs (ebb and flows of comic markets).

3 hours ago, the blob said:

Anecdotal and my brain could be mushy, but I remember putting up a bunch of books before the last Spidey movie to unload my 1sts apps of Hydroman, etc. and figured some Venom/Carnage stuff would be good too as there was still Venom movie buzz, and I was unimpressed with the sales figures on 316. Maybe $15-20 for a raw 9.2-9.4 copy? So I held off putting up my copies. Sold some 361s and 362s though.

When was this?  I'm thinking the ASM pop is fairly recent, less than a year?  I remember being shocked, it seemed to have gone from a $15/20 book to a very quick $75, with a brief pit stop at $50.  It wasn't a more organic price trend, that's for sure.....but hey what comics are nowadays in the speculator world.  :D

17 minutes ago, spreads said:

When was this?  I'm thinking the ASM pop is fairly recent, less than a year?  I remember being shocked, it seemed to have gone from a $15/20 book to a very quick $75, with a brief pit stop at $50.  It wasn't a more organic price trend, that's for sure.....but hey what comics are nowadays in the speculator world.  :D

I dunno. Maybe I am misremembering. I have not been sleeping much lately. I have a second 5 hours of work from 11:30 - 4:30 a.m. on many days.

4 hours ago, spreads said:

Great insight, thanks for this transparency Donut!

And Simpsons #1.....I had no idea....

Agreed, except that Simpsons #1 has been pulling down even higher prices for a long time.

4 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:
4 hours ago, the blob said:

You know, you always say it and I don't buy it. You bought a collection I presume. Sure, the cost per book was 40 cents, but realistically you were paying for the sellable books and viewing the drek as penny a book or whatever stuff you are going to dump however you can. So, let's be honest and admit you really paid a buck a pop for those.

Well OK.

I dunno, 40 cents is high for me . . . lol

On 10/1/2019 at 12:49 PM, Red_Hood said:

Wonderful tip!

These 8 copies are off to CGC this week and are guaranteed 9.8 - White Pages.  Not a single spine tick on the dark cover and smooth as glass!  Nothing but perfection.

moonknight14(9.8).jpg

Who's got a pile of CGC 9.8 - White Pages coming back... hint.... THIS GUY DOES !!! :acclaim: (oh...and they're all newsstand copies...so that's like an extra $50,000 each)

5 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

Who's got a pile of CGC 9.8 - White Pages coming back... hint.... THIS GUY DOES !!! :acclaim: (oh...and they're all newsstand copies...so that's like an extra $50,000 each)

8 for 8 in 9.8? hm

On 10/29/2019 at 4:07 PM, Red_Hood said:

This Moon Knight #14 book is on fire in 9.8.  The last few sales have been $900+ .  "Right now" there are only 6 graded copies according to the CGC census.  I think you're going to pad that number and add a few more to the 9.8 census. 
The tough one to get in 9.8 is #8 with only 4 graded at 9.8 in the CGC census. 

On 11/8/2019 at 8:43 AM, Aweandlorder said:

I always thought this book has potential as a signed book. Not so much unsigned 

Yeah I have an unsigned slabbed 9.4.  Definitely worth more to me than what the market would command.