• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,720 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2019 at 4:16 PM, Aweandlorder said:

So crisis on infinite earths is selling like hotcakes, no surprise there since the cross-over series is about to hit CW... But issue #1 selling for $10-16?? 

If you say so.  I'm still sitting on a nice high grade set for less that $85.  My spare 7 and 8s have all sold but I'd have thought the sets would be over $100 by now.

57 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

If you say so.  I'm still sitting on a nice high grade set for less that $85.  My spare 7 and 8s have all sold but I'd have thought the sets would be over $100 by now.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. The sets are moving quickly but at similar prices to older. The difference being, that the “key” has shifted to #1 instead of 7 & 8. It seems like a new blood of collectors (who aren’t familiar with the series) are following conservative lines of collecting by picking the first issue as the important of the pack. 
This is like a mini Infinity War bump

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

That’s exactly what I’m saying. The sets are moving quickly but at similar prices to older. The difference being, that the “key” has shifted to #1 instead of 7 & 8. It seems like a new blood of collectors (who aren’t familiar with the series) are following conservative lines of collecting by picking the first issue as the important of the pack. 
This is like a mini Infinity War bump

I changed up the description a bit and relisted it at a slightly higher price and the set sold in minutes at the $85 range.  Guess it is pretty hot after all.

On 12/19/2019 at 2:17 PM, Aweandlorder said:

Sometimes it doesn't take much to get the crowd excited....

RCO032_1473414237.jpg

RCO038_1473414237.jpg

Edited by jokiing

Whats the story with Secret Wars II #5?  I noticed a few people asking a lot for it (around 200ish) but when I checked it out on GPA, the high end sales are around 100.  It's Boom-Boom's first appearance (I never heard of her by they way). I also checked out MCU news and there is nothing about that character coming to the MCU either.

Edited by Xenosmilus

20 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Whats the story with Secret Wars II #5?  I noticed a few people asking a lot for it (around 200ish) but when I checked it out on GPA, the high end sales are around 100.  It's Boom-Boom's first appearance (I never heard of by they way). I also checked out MCU news and there is nothing about that character coming to the MCU either.

Funny, but I was getting some issues of X-Factor ready for eBay yesterday, and was looking up the first appearances of the various trainees under the original team, and noticed that was her first appearance, and thought it might be a cheap sleeper spec. No idea whether there are any sorts of plans for her, but she had a ton more appearances post-X-Factor than the other trainees, so I could see something being done with her.

24 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Whats the story with Secret Wars II #5?  I noticed a few people asking a lot for it (around 200ish) but when I checked it out on GPA, the high end sales are around 100.  It's Boom-Boom's first appearance (I never heard of by they way). I also checked out MCU news and there is nothing about that character coming to the MCU either.

I found this from a week ago, but probably not much help.

https://www.cbr.com/ok-boomer-new-mutants-boom-boom/

Some recent Copper sales for discussion:  :acclaim:

On 1/7/2020 at 11:22 PM, divad said:

Some recent Copper sales for discussion:  :acclaim:

Nice sales, that Elvira always gets a good price in really high grade.