• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,771 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

What the heck is going on with Spidey 1 (McFarlane)??  The gold variant seems to be flying off the shelves.

With or without the UPC?

Without the UPC barcode, the CGC 9.8 average for the past 90 days is $82.  The 2018 average was $105.  That's a drop of 22%.

With the UPC barcode, the last three CGC 9.8 sale prices are up ($900+), but there aren't any 9.8 sales since September, no 9.6 sales since June, and the most recent CGC 9.4 sale was 20% below the 2018 average.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

What the heck is going on with Spidey 1 (McFarlane)??  The gold variant seems to be flying off the shelves.

Maybe the mcfarlane Cgc signing?

6 minutes ago, valiantman said:

With or without the UPC?

Without the UPC barcode, the CGC 9.8 average for the past 90 days is $82.  The 2018 average was $105.  That's a drop of 22%.

With the UPC barcode, the last three CGC 9.8 sale prices are up ($900+), but there aren't any 9.8 sales since September, no 9.6 sales since June, and the most recent CGC 9.4 sale was 20% below the 2018 average.

Not sure about slabbed copies but I'm seeing batches of 10 copies selling for $200 (thought this was still a $5 book) and quite a few $20 copies sold yesterday.  None were newsstand copies.

Edited by 1Cool

20 minutes ago, revat said:
1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Maybe the mcfarlane Cgc signing?

That's probably it.  Announced a few days ago: https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/7862/

21 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Not sure about slabbed copies but I'm seeing batches of 10 copies selling for $200 (thought this was still a $5 book) and quite a few $20 copies sold yesterday.  None were newsstand copies.

I always thought the gold version was a solid $20-25 book, that's what you'd expect to get/pay at cons.  The silver version you're lucky to get $3 Canadian...trust me, I've got a pile of them for $3 and lots of unsold inventory!

19 hours ago, the blob said:

Thank goodness the green polybag one is still a $4 book, just like in 1993 when I got a stack of them. Great investment!

I'll sell you all my copies for $3 each!  You will have instant massive on paper profits!

19 minutes ago, spreads said:

I'll sell you all my copies for $3 each!  You will have instant massive on paper profits!

I'm cool with what I have. If the book ever explodes I can reinvest the profits on my copies into a bucket of cheap halal fried chicken for the kids (10 piece $8.99 deal blows KFC out of the water)

22 hours ago, spreads said:

I always thought the gold version was a solid $20-25 book, that's what you'd expect to get/pay at cons.  The silver version you're lucky to get $3 Canadian...trust me, I've got a pile of them for $3 and lots of unsold inventory!

Could be - I think I got the gold and silver variants mixed up.  The number of copies seem to be slowing down but I do see a large uptick on the Coyote book so it must all be related to the signing.

On 11/19/2019 at 6:12 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Brigade #1 gold, anyone...? Anyone...?

Now that's a threadkiller. :eyeroll:

My apologies, I thought you were joking. :facepalm:

Edited by divad

That seller is an antique/salvage dealer and based on his other comics listings clearly has no idea what comics are worth. I have found that those types of sellers either sell comics at almost giveaway prices or follow the extreme other end of pricing. That guy chose the latter method :roflmao:

13 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

That seller is an antique/salvage dealer and based on his other comics listings clearly has no idea what comics are worth. I have found that those types of sellers either sell comics at almost giveaway prices or follow the extreme other end of pricing. That guy chose the latter method :roflmao:

I see what you did there.

Hey, it *is* a newsstand