• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,808 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I've been trying to find Space usagi 1 for the last few days. It's a ghost

I was actively collecting Usagi Yojimbo back then but did not buy Space Usagi vol. 1 #1, as I thought it did not make sense to send him out to space. Print run probably not that high, as it was a 3 issue mini-series.

28 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

I was actively collecting Usagi Yojimbo back then but did not buy Space Usagi vol. 1 #1, as I thought it did not make sense to send him out to space. Print run probably not that high, as it was a 3 issue mini-series.

Anyway for us to figure out the print run?   Everything disappeared at the beginning of the week after the series was announced... seems pretty rare

On 6/10/2020 at 7:15 PM, pickycollector said:

Why? 

Just a cool cover.  It was always kinda hot, but recently in the last couple of years people were posting copies on various comic forums which seems to finally have driven up the price.  I think it gets added into the black costume craze (secret wars 8, Sam 252) that has taken off.  

It was even featured in the spiderman poster book back in 1992.

3 hours ago, aardvark88 said:
6 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I've been trying to find Space usagi 1 for the last few days. It's a ghost

Funny thing is, I wouldn't even know if I had it . . . (:

2 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I sold a sizeable Usagi collection a few years ago. 

It took FOREVER to sell. 

Space Usagi was pretty much considered garbage.  Crazy how times change. 

Patrick

Really?  You think the new animated series will be bad?   I read it and enjoyed it.  Pretty much the same characters in space with a starwars plot 

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Really?  You think the new animated series will be bad?   I read it and enjoyed it.  Pretty much the same characters in space with a starwars plot 

Nah, I meant people weren't spending anything for those issues. Getting $1 each would have been a coup. 

Patrick

On 7/19/2020 at 7:29 AM, Wolverinex said:

Insane I can’t even find a copy online now...

Actually ebay currently has dozens of Space Usagi books from all (3 diff volumes?) series available at mostly reasonable prices. Most issues up now are under $10. And I'm surprised that almost all issues that have sold since the announcement have remained under $25.

I've always thought that UY books are undervalued, as alluded to by a previous poster. If this show doesn't kick them off, then I guess Albedo 2 and #1 of the first ongoing series will remain the only truly desirable issues.

Too bad, because I've been buying every UY book that I come across. I believe in the appeal of the character and love the stories. Sakai is a true craftsman.

25 minutes ago, camera73 said:

Actually ebay currently has dozens of Space Usagi books from all (3 diff volumes?) series available at mostly reasonable prices. Most issues up now are under $10. And I'm surprised that almost all issues that have sold since the announcement have remained under $25.

I've always thought that UY books are undervalued, as alluded to by a previous poster. If this show doesn't kick them off, then I guess Albedo 2 and #1 of the first ongoing series will remain the only truly desirable issues.

Too bad, because I've been buying every UY book that I come across. I believe in the appeal of the character and love the stories. Sakai is a true craftsman.

Yes, they have VOl 2 and 3... Vol 1, Issue 1 (the one I want)  is a ghost.

631439.jpg.989ec8bf7f3a44f69895814a061d97c7.jpg

40 minutes ago, camera73 said:

I agree they are undervalued.  They are fantastic stories... I'm really enjoying  them after reading them on kindle

17 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Sure seems to be a ton of Batman vs Predator sold today.

Literally selling like hot cakes...1-3 selling for $150+ raw at auctions and the prestige collected book as well as the newsstand selling for premiums .. countless editions sold .. the market is strong 

3 hours ago, littledoom said:
21 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Sure seems to be a ton of Batman vs Predator sold today.

Literally selling like hot cakes...1-3 selling for $150+ raw at auctions and the prestige collected book as well as the newsstand selling for premiums .. countless editions sold .. the market is strong 

But why?