• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,720 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2020 at 8:13 PM, Wolverinex said:

It was mainly talked about in Usagi Facebook groups.  @Ryan. Also touched on this briefly  in one of these threads talking about the upcoming show  a few weeks ago.

Agreed. A few of us on the FB pages were pizzed that it was essentially a Space Usagi style story and sarcastically were calling it Space Usagi. I think it kinda just spread from there.

It's so strange to me personally, for the longest time I was never even going to collect Space Usagi. But over years of run collecting they would just make their way into the boxes. And for a brief flash they may be worth something. I can't help but be fearful because Usagi fans have been down this cartoon road before with precisely this Space Usagi concept. Bucky OHare tanked on Saturdays and Usagi never got made. I'm looking at you Panda Khan and the Anthroverse. 

1 hour ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Agreed. A few of us on the FB pages were pizzed that it was essentially a Space Usagi style story and sarcastically were calling it Space Usagi. I think it kinda just spread from there.

It's so strange to me personally, for the longest time I was never even going to collect Space Usagi. But over years of run collecting they would just make their way into the boxes. And for a brief flash they may be worth something. I can't help but be fearful because Usagi fans have been down this cartoon road before with precisely this Space Usagi concept. Bucky OHare tanked on Saturdays and Usagi never got made. I'm looking at you Panda Khan and the Anthroverse. 

I remember when Bucky O'Hare essentially killed the Space Usagi animated series. I think that's why there's been a conscious decision to avoid referring to Space Usagi with the new series while still having it maintain the core concept of a future descendent of Usagi getting into more relatable adventures than wandering around Edo period Japan. 

So while the new animated series may not be directly based on the Space Usagi comics, it would appear to have more in common with Space Usagi than the traditional UY comics. 

4 hours ago, Ryan. said:

I remember when Bucky O'Hare essentially killed the Space Usagi animated series. I think that's why there's been a conscious decision to avoid referring to Space Usagi with the new series while still having it maintain the core concept of a future descendent of Usagi getting into more relatable adventures than wandering around Edo period Japan. 

So while the new animated series may not be directly based on the Space Usagi comics, it would appear to have more in common with Space Usagi than the traditional UY comics. 

Agreed.  So when is this show going to show up?

6 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Anyone know why this Fantasy Quarterly 1 9.8 sold for 1500?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantasy-Quarterly-1-CGC-9-8-1978-1st-App-of-Elfquest/113538756487

Because 2020...

There's no logical reason as that's nore than double what 4 of the next 5 sold for. And it doesn't even have white pages. 

On 8/19/2020 at 8:41 PM, Wolverinex said:

Anyone know why this Fantasy Quarterly 1 9.8 sold for 1500?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantasy-Quarterly-1-CGC-9-8-1978-1st-App-of-Elfquest/113538756487

It was $1,400 according to the "taxExclusivePrice" in the view source of the original listing.

3 hours ago, manetteska said:

Thanks. Are there any other recent sales or just this one? Trying to figure out a 9.4 price. 

It's tough to pin down with so little liquidity. The last one listed on GPA was for $1300 about three years ago.

I would think a 9.4 today should draw at least that. There's a couple ways to try and calculate a fair multiple - this 9.6 editorial just sold for about 8.5x what a regular one goes for. If you use the same multiple for a 9.4, you get about $1700. 

In reality though, who knows lol. It's an extremely tough book to find that sells very infrequently, but has high demand, and did before the Netflix announcement. That's how I'd try to pin a range down on it, but no telling how other buyers/sellers will factor in the growth and scarcity premium

1 hour ago, Legion of Goom said:

It's tough to pin down with so little liquidity. The last one listed on GPA was for $1300 about three years ago.

I would think a 9.4 today should draw at least that. There's a couple ways to try and calculate a fair multiple - this 9.6 editorial just sold for about 8.5x what a regular one goes for. If you use the same multiple for a 9.4, you get about $1700. 

In reality though, who knows lol. It's an extremely tough book to find that sells very infrequently, but has high demand, and did before the Netflix announcement. That's how I'd try to pin a range down on it, but no telling how other buyers/sellers will factor in the growth and scarcity premium

Which comic?