• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,768 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, PeterPark said:

I've seen some heat on the Critters title. I looked at getting runs myself and they are not so overlooked right now. 

The meteoric rise of Albedo 3 and 4 is something to behold. I wish I saved some of my duplicates. 

Those 2 books are still very undervalued in my opinion. Albedo #3 should be hundreds considering how hard #2 is to obtain. Also Albedo #4 should be a lot higher than Usagi #1. In other news I snagged 2 copies of #10 fantagraphics series off mycomicshop today. Cool early Tmnt/usagi cover.

28 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

Those 2 books are still very undervalued in my opinion. Albedo #3 should be hundreds considering how hard #2 is to obtain. Also Albedo #4 should be a lot higher than Usagi #1. In other news I snagged 2 copies of #10 fantagraphics series off mycomicshop today. Cool early Tmnt/usagi cover.

Nice pickup...Usagi stuff are all undervalued

It's insane to me that Critters has finally taken off. I loved the book, used to always buy them, ended up selling off what I had left for nearly nothing a year or so ago. The only issue I kept was #2 as it has the preview of The Adventures of Captain Jack, which is one of my favorite comics. So that went in my Captain Jack collection. Critters was a great title, I wish they'd do a collection of all of that stuff, but I wonder if the rights issues for the various characters would prevent such a thing happening.

On 8/28/2020 at 9:31 PM, maidenmate91 said:

My understanding is everything you said is true, but happened already. Albedo 3 is hundreds. Albedo 4 is much higher than Usagi 1. I am not so sure they are undervalued at this point. I think they are nice going books going for a significant sum now, and more than I would pay to have copies, if I didn't already have copies of both.

8 hours ago, PeterPark said:

My understanding is everything you said is true, but happened already. Albedo 3 is hundreds. Albedo 4 is much higher than Usagi 1. I am not so sure they are undervalued at this point. I think they are nice going books going for a significant sum now, and more than I would pay to have copies, if I didn't already have copies of both.

I mean ungraded, the sold listings are showing $175 for a recent copy of Albedo #3. It should definitely be higher. Also multiple copies of #4 around $150. In high grade cgc they definitely reflect those prices you stated.  

On 8/27/2020 at 1:32 AM, Crimebuster said:

Going through the Usagi sold listings, it's another reminder to me how arbitrary and weird comic collectors are. Even the 1st print of Usagi #1 is selling for 2x or more the price of Usagi Summer Special #1, which is the first solo issue of Usagi, predating the regular #1 by almost a full year. I think Summer Special is really overlooked at the moment, and I also think the other appearances between Albedo #4 and the regular #1 are still under the radar. 

To me each appearance of Usagi prior to Usagi #1 is more important than Usagi #1 as the story develops sequentially even if it jumps around a between titles.  When reprinted in the TPBs and Hardcover books it follows the Albedo, Critters and Summer Special in order published. 

I am glad I did my run of Albedo and Critters books primarily last year before this big run up in prices.

43 minutes ago, cd4ever said:

I guess if we're desperate, Ghost Rider 28 has warmed a little.  

Is this considered copper?

My vote is copper

14 minutes ago, Sam 1983 said:

Hulk 340, Crow 1, ASM 252, Secret Wars 8, Star Wars 42 have probably all been mentioned but have all increased a ton since this time last year.   Oh yea, and a little book called TMNT 1!

It seems like most copper keys across the board have gone up in value....I have noticed a lot more new people buying comics since Covid.  

Sounds healthy for the hobby.   I don’t post regularly but have back in to hobby for the past five years.   This hobby is addicting, to say the least.   I do feel copper era was next up.   Bronze exploded a few years back.  It was inevitable.   I guess what’s so unique, however, about copper is the amount of popular low print run indies.  I was a little scared of them not being in the mainstream but started jumping in head first a little over a year ago.   I do think copper books are still ripe for the picking, even though many have realized significant gains recently.   Outside of TMNT 1 and ASM 300, I see Hulk 340 (mainstream) and Crow 1 (indie) as the two biggest potential movers in the future.  Still a lot of meat on the bone.  

Cry for Dawn continues to go for big prices - for those not aware 9.6/9.8 on certain issues are almost impossible.  The #5 2nd print had zero 9.8s on census until this year.  ZERO!

#5 2nd Print 9.8 - $2,000

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264861292033

#5 LE 9.6 - $600
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264861294488

Edited by RedGiant

20 minutes ago, RedGiant said:

Cry for Dawn continues to go for big prices - for those not aware 9.6/9.8 on certain issues are almost impossible.  The #5 2nd print had zero 9.8s on census until this year.  ZERO!

#5 2nd Print 9.8 - $2,000

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264861292033

#5 LE 9.6 - $600
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264861294488

I never thought I'd see a 9.8 #5 second print. Not surprised it hit $2k easy.

On 9/8/2020 at 9:51 PM, divad said:

Ok, what's hot in copper? hm

A week between posts is unacceptable. :sumo:

Apparently not this-

I just got it at a local convention for $7.50.  I remember it being a big deal back in the day.  My old copy wandered off, so I was happy to replace it at a reasonable price.  Great cover, but the art inside leaves something to be desired.

B2B880ED-F752-449F-A410-4D9DB4352A9D.jpeg

2 hours ago, Hamlet said:

Apparently not this-

I just got it at a local convention for $7.50.  I remember it being a big deal back in the day.  My old copy wandered off, so I was happy to replace it at a reasonable price.  Great cover, but the art inside leaves something to be desired.

B2B880ED-F752-449F-A410-4D9DB4352A9D.jpeg

If they ever re-introduce Wolverine into the MCU or Disney+, this should be the framework for the promo poster.