• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,772 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

It hasn't. You can buy sets of 1-4 all day long for $20. You'll learn to throw all of his sales out of the normal discussion for prices. If it didn't have "9.8" in the title (and it's clearly not), it would have brought zilch. 

Pffft! Total bs. . . :bigsmile:

no offense :baiting:

18 hours ago, 1Cool said:

With the reading crease lines on the front and back I don't know if it would get a 9.4 let alone a 9.8.  Never mind the small top edge wear and the blunting corners . . maybe a 9.2.

There are some nice looking books in the set you posted but the BOM is not the best of the bunch.

:whistle:  :blahblah:

18 hours ago, kimik said:

I have not clicked on the books, but if the ones that are stated as 9.8 would come back as such that is a lot of money left on the table. Personally, if I owned them I would submit them myself to capture the max return.

I don’t play that game (but my buyers do, and they are universally happy with their purchases :bigsmile:

17 hours ago, spreads said:

It's pretty clear he has no intention of submitting any of those 9.8s.  These are the best sales for a 9.0-9.4 book you'll ever see!

:roflmao:Not one of you naysayers have ever bought a book from me . . . You know why? CAMFs meh

3 hours ago, PeterPark said:

His sales are essentially impulse buy-it-nows. Two bids with those starting prices would be a thing to see, but he rarely shows us any...

Copper Age Outlier Sales on Ebay? Sure, that would be the thread for them.

Actually you are wrong - I only do BINs after active negotiations. All of the sales are fairly priced.

5 hours ago, divad said:

I don’t play that game (but my buyers do, and they are universally happy with their purchases :bigsmile:

Why not? You are leaving $tens of thousands on the table annually with that approach. 

As an example, I just sent in a modern straight submission from my spec plays. All hit 9.8. That took my Strange Academy 1 play from a $1000-$1500 profit play to a $5000-$6000 profit (or more when they finally announce a TV show or movie). Why leave that $$$ for someone else?

Edited by kimik

7 hours ago, kimik said:

Why not? You are leaving $tens of thousands on the table annually with that approach. 

As an example, I just sent in a modern straight submission from my spec plays. All hit 9.8. That took my Strange Academy 1 play from a $1000-$1500 profit play to a $5000-$6000 profit (or more when they finally announce a TV show or movie). Why leave that $$$ for someone else?

There's only one real reason and we all know what it is. 

12 hours ago, divad said:

Actually you are wrong - I only do BINs after active negotiations. All of the sales are fairly priced.

I don't know if you are deliberately misunderstanding me or what but I never said you did buy-it-nows. I don't follow your claim of fair pricing. You have high initial bids that usually means you will only have 1 bidder, if any. Your books are not sold at market price and offer no value to those trying to understand trends on Ebay. Look first to the shortcomings of your own reasoning before assigning to those others unduly.

:roflmao:

23 hours ago, kimik said:

You know how to grade and submit to CGC, he knows how to fleece uneducated comic graders on raw auctions.  Both are profitable ways to submit comics, one way is honest, the other isn't. 

15 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Looking at some of the Comiclink results from the past few days.  Fantastic Four 243 at $400?  People are just throwing money around like it's nothing right now.  Prices are up big across the board for almost everything.  

that's been a good seller for years now.. I've seen raw advertised 9.8 sell for $80-100... Galactus spec is very real and those buyers are ahead

On 9/30/2020 at 8:28 AM, kimik said:

If you didn't sell any then they aren't worth that.

3 hours ago, littledoom said:

that's been a good seller for years now.. I've seen raw advertised 9.8 sell for $80-100... Galactus spec is very real and those buyers are ahead

Yes it has been around $150 book for years in CGC 9.8, but saying buyers are ahead of Galactus spec by paying double the price of a book that has a huge supply run doesn't make much sense.  People buying in at $400 will be behind not ahead.

Edited by Broke as a Joke

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

If you didn't sell any then they aren't worth that.

Some will be sold now, some later. I doubled my money on selling a first group of #1s raw and now it is time to slowly leak the rest out like any other spec play. It is playing with house money now.

11 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

Maybe someone could buy some Grime books and submit a batch and see what comes back. Consider the investment a public service to the boards. That would be worth more than just saying, "there's no way that book is that grade!" all the time.

Good idea. I'll submit, you pay for everything?

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:
14 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

Maybe someone could buy some Grime books and submit a batch and see what comes back. Consider the investment a public service to the boards. That would be worth more than just saying, "there's no way that book is that grade!" all the time.

Good idea. I'll submit, you pay for everything?

If I wanted to bankroll it myself, I wouldn't have bothered suggesting it here I would've just gone ahead and done it and then posted the results. People can criticize all they like but if they don't have empirical evidence of over-grading all they are doing is blowing out hot air. 

Speculation Speculation Speculation 

There is a reason I only collect and don't sell. I suck at wondering what other people like and stick to what I do.

Which turns out not many do