• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,772 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

That book, like TMNT #1 first printing or Albedo #2, has so few copies available in the market (because so few were printed) that it won't ever take much activity for a jump in pricing across the board.

How many of one book does it take to sell before we see a difference in prices?

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:
2 hours ago, valiantman said:

That book, like TMNT #1 first printing or Albedo #2, has so few copies available in the market (because so few were printed) that it won't ever take much activity for a jump in pricing across the board.

How many of one book does it take to sell before we see a difference in prices?

It really depends on the book.  Just one sale of Action Comics #1 can basically redefine the market for all the grades.

Two sales can start a trend for books that only sell 5 times a year.

For books that sell at least twice a day, you probably need 17 to 50 sales to see if anything has really changed, as @shadroch mentioned (ASM #300, ASM #361, New Mutants #98, Spawn #1, etc.)

1 hour ago, docgo said:
On 10/19/2020 at 7:14 AM, spreads said:

Bone 1 seeing some serious heat!  

Based on what?

It is moving up in GPA the past two months from the look of things, along with most 1st appearances/keys.

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Space Usagi 1 dipped a bit since more copies have shown up but last sold around 45. Anticipate this will grow as the more news of the netflix series develop

You need to keep hyping it out the wazoo like you were weeks ago. That will right the ship!

18 hours ago, kimik said:

It is moving up in GPA the past two months from the look of things, along with most 1st appearances/keys.

That doesn’t equal “serious heat” to me. Especially when one of those sales didn’t actually occur (the $4k BIN on eBay last month). The $2.6k BIN for a 9.6 on the same day did though.

14 hours ago, docgo said:

That doesn’t equal “serious heat” to me. Especially when one of those sales didn’t actually occur (the $4k BIN on eBay last month). The $2.6k BIN for a 9.6 on the same day did though.

The 9.2 is double what it was two years ago.....BIN sales are awful, the seller is capping what he/she would have received, especially when there were two sales at and above 3k already on the year.....

5 hours ago, spreads said:

The 9.2 is double what it was two years ago.....BIN sales are awful, the seller is capping what he/she would have received, especially when there were two sales at and above 3k already on the year.....

What are you referring to? For 9.2s, there was a $910 sale and a $1070 sale in August of 2018 and a $1100 sale in 2019. This year, there was a single sale for $1.5k in a ComicLink auction. 9.2’s are definitely not “double” what they were two years ago unless I missed something. Both 3k sales were for 9.6s (Heritage in March and eBay in August).

Please be specific.

On 10/4/2020 at 1:00 PM, shadroch said:

In reading the link, I couldn't help notice the first guy to say it wasn't a big deal ended up being convicted of rape. 

But I'm sure he had kool books too.

I gave up reading after a few pages, didn't seem like anyone said no bid deal, someone asked if this could be accidental... anyway, he has cashed out for millions over the years, so I'm guessing the lawyer game was not so lucrative for him