• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,772 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

IMG_9853.png

Thanks for the info- Normally I use Go-Collect and E-Bay recent sales to determine a price if I am selling a book as a But it Now. That seemed to work well for the most part. The last time something went haywire for me was a year or two ago with a Hulk 377 second print. I was going to list it as a BIN . Couldn't find recent sales in ebay and Go Collect did not have a FMV at the time. I auctioned it and it went off for close to 400. That worked out in my favor. You win some and you lose some.

I now know that a little more research sometimes has to be done before hand.

18 hours ago, Martin4 said:

Were your copies newsstands? Could be one reason for the difference in price.

Disclaimer: I'm not endorsing that a price disparity should be warranted, just acknowledging that there are people who spend more for a newsstand copy vs direct-sales copies.

32 minutes ago, Martin4 said:

Thanks for the info- Normally I use Go-Collect and E-Bay recent sales to determine a price if I am selling a book as a But it Now. That seemed to work well for the most part. The last time something went haywire for me was a year or two ago with a Hulk 377 second print. I was going to list it as a BIN . Couldn't find recent sales in ebay and Go Collect did not have a FMV at the time. I auctioned it and it went off for close to 400. That worked out in my favor. You win some and you lose some.

I now know that a little more research sometimes has to be done before hand.

I assume you mean 3rd print? Second prints are relatively cheap.

35 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Disclaimer: I'm not endorsing that a price disparity should be warranted, just acknowledging that there are people who spend more for a newsstand copy vs direct-sales copies.

Archie Comics had a much bigger newsstand distribution than Marvel or DC had at that point., so I don't think newstand copies will be all that rare.

3 hours ago, shadroch said:

Archie Comics had a much bigger newsstand distribution than Marvel or DC had at that point., so I don't think newstand copies will be all that rare.

100% correct but I don't think the ebay buyers have any idea (or probably care) about that.

42 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

100% correct but I don't think the ebay buyers have any idea (or probably care) about that.

I looked and found about a dozen copies in my "Once Hot" section. None were Newsstands and none were 9.8 candidates. 

23 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I looked and found about a dozen copies in my "Once Hot" section. None were Newsstands and none were 9.8 candidates. 

Interesting. We all know that newsstand copies aren't terribly difficult in that era but 9.8 newsstands of any era are. I would guess that it would be extra hard for a kids book on a rack to survive in pristine shape. 

6 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I assume you mean 3rd print? Second prints are relatively cheap.

It was second print and at the time there was no FMV in go collect and there were only 6 9.8 in the census. I think that is what drove the price up. Now there are so many hence the price drop.

6 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

They were that’s why I’m miffed

6 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Interesting. We all know that newsstand copies aren't terribly difficult in that era but 9.8 newsstands of any era are. I would guess that it would be extra hard for a kids book on a rack to survive in pristine shape. 

A lot of newsstand comics were never distributed and went out the back door on the way to the shredder.

10 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:
On 11/8/2020 at 4:02 PM, Martin4 said:

All I know is now I need to find my copy . . . . :grin:

I remember it was included as a freebee in a purchase from a fellow boardie several years ago ^^

8 hours ago, divad said:

All I know is now I need to find my copy . . . . :grin:

I remember it was included as a freebee in a purchase from a fellow boardie several years ago ^^

I'm not sure if you ever have bought anything from me but I must have given away a half dozen five years ago.  I got a small stack for $0.10 a piece in a bulk 90s book purchase and thought they would be fun to give away with purchases.  Not the greatest move at the moment lol

5 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I'm not sure if you ever have bought anything from me but I must have given away a half dozen five years ago.  I got a small stack for $0.10 a piece in a bulk 90s book purchase and thought they would be fun to give away with purchases.  Not the greatest move at the moment lol

I'm sure many people got some fun out of it