• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,771 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Interesting. We all know that newsstand copies aren't terribly difficult in that era but 9.8 newsstands of any era are. I would guess that it would be extra hard for a kids book on a rack to survive in pristine shape. 

Harder to agree with that from early 80s to early 90s. While I agree some have given example of newsstands from the 80s that are hard in 9.8 would the larger supply at some point tilt that argument? Now after the early 90s you will have no argument from me at all.

Edited by fastballspecial

2 hours ago, Martin4 said:

Dont know if anyone knows this? Is there any way to determine the ratio of the distribution for the different covers? 1.25 CPV,  1.25 CPV Newstand 1.00 cover and 1.00 Newstands

Yes. Get the records from the publisher. Good luck!

Anybody (not going to mention any names :mad:) who claims specific (and, undoubtedly, low) numbers is a huckster trying to inflate the perceived value/actual sale price of their :censored:. Beware.

3 hours ago, Martin4 said:

Dont know if anyone knows this? Is there any way to determine the ratio of the distribution for the different covers? 1.25 CPV,  1.25 CPV Newstand 1.00 cover and 1.00 Newstands

Not really, but you can imply over time that as the 80s go by into the 90s newsstand decreases alot while the direct market rises. 
By the late 90s massive newsstand circulation is gone and by the late 2000s many books are both really scarce and tough in high grade.

23 hours ago, ft88 said:

I sold an Eternals run 1-19 Ann 1 for maybe $60 and also had multiple #1's but they were all 30 cent variants, so I just added that in. Also not the greatest move at the moment.

Ed

I always included those in 30 cent variant lots I sold on ebay over the years. It was like these 30 cent variants, plus obligatory Eternals 1 30 cent variant, because, y'know, they're so common and so cheap...whoops!

Actually, I always included a high grade Howard the Duck 3 as well, as those have been consensus most common 30 cent variants for years...that didn't pop yet, did it? Maybe as a Master of Kung Fu homage... :wishluck:

Edited by PeterPark

On 10/24/2020 at 2:46 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Strange, maybe they are paying for that Stan Lee label?

A71DADAF-4ACF-4559-B51B-F478F38B6F86.jpeg

I assume there are still a lot out there as a zillion were printed, but might the gold foil be tough in 9.8? all of mine have at least a spine tick somewhere.

36 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

`He was cast for the Peacemaker show on HBO Max.

I understand that. I was asking whether anyone knows if there had been a bump when he showed up on Arrow a few years back. Vigilante has never been an A-list character. Either way, time to unload my run of books from the '80s series

4 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I understand that. I was asking whether anyone knows if there had been a bump when he showed up on Arrow a few years back. Vigilante has never been an A-list character. Either way, time to unload my run of books from the '80s series

Ah. You were asking if the same thing happened when he appeared on Arrow. Only slightly. Nothing like today. I don't expect a big price bump just an uptick of level of interest. Probably a $20 max book on it's best day, which is way better than the $1 or less I have in my dozen or so copies!

3 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Ah. You were asking if the same thing happened when he appeared on Arrow. Only slightly. Nothing like today. I don't expect a big price bump just an uptick of level of interest. Probably a $20 max book on it's best day, which is way better than the $1 or less I have in my dozen or so copies!

OK, stop it please, I was psyched whenever I could fish that book out of a dollar box and would have gone $2 for a copy in really nice shape knowing that one day that book would pop. Of course, back in September at least one seller was paying about $4-5 for you to take it off their hands: https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-New-Teen-Titans-Annual-2-1983-First-Appearance-of-The-Vigilante-Cheshire/313216677470?hash=item48ed2b365e:g:9tIAAOSwxDVfXRQs

Edited by the blob

On 11/11/2020 at 11:21 AM, the blob said:

I assume there are still a lot out there as a zillion were printed, but might the gold foil be tough in 9.8? all of mine have at least a spine tick somewhere.

Mines a 9.0 at best