• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,812 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, spreads said:

Sounds like you're trying to get a cheap price from a seller - ain't gonna happen.  LOL

Lol nah. I’m willing to pay a fair price. I’m just saying gpa in that specific case isn’t entirely accurate. 

10 minutes ago, gpanalysis said:

It sold for 1449.99, fixed price, no offer made.

I stand corrected then. however this is why I thought that. See picture attached. Just find it odd someone would hit buy it now without trying an offer. Not impossible but it was quite a bit over a previous 8.0 auction sale. Anyways  I shall carry on. 

E6D3284C-FA7E-476C-AAA6-67355F0E685D.png

Edited by BoomCity

16 hours ago, divad said:

Comments aside . . . VERY nice copy! :takeit: (Ken Barr's covers are some of my favorites!) (thumbsu

Searched for years for it with a buy the book not the grade mentality, but this was the exception, o can live with the off center spine in trade for the grade and white pages. 1 of 6.

I knew we could find common ground. 2021 is the best. 

17 hours ago, BoomCity said:
17 hours ago, spreads said:

Sounds like you're trying to get a cheap price from a seller - ain't gonna happen.  LOL

Lol nah. I’m willing to pay a fair price. I’m just saying gpa in that specific case isn’t entirely accurate. 

GPA is not going to accurate for a little while during stimulus and Covid. Might as well throw it out
the door.

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

GPA is not going to accurate for a little while during stimulus and Covid. Might as well throw it out
the door.

Why's that? (Not that I use it anyway) hm

40 minutes ago, divad said:

Why's that? (Not that I use it anyway) hm

Because of all the extra money flowing into the hobby via govt cash I think which I would think 
will skew GPA for awhile. That and no conventions play into it as well I would imagine.

Edited by fastballspecial

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

Because of all the extra money flowing into the hobby via govt cash I think which I would think 
will skew GPA for awhile. That and no conventions play into it as well I would imagine.

Ok, as it applies to the market in general, I see.(thumbsu

On 12/31/2020 at 10:40 AM, wormboy said:

The Marvel paperback was published before all of them. It had the original Yoda, drawn by Williamson before they knew what movie Yoda would look like. Then revised to movie Yoda for MSS 16, SW 41, 42, etc.209DAE38-D61E-4474-8C9F-883DF7A58B37.thumb.jpeg.5a6d2babd38893becdd2b3def2ea5db2.jpeg

I actually prefer this version of Yoda . . . :bigsmile:

MAD220a(Yoda).jpeg

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Respectfully, I don’t think skew is the right word, I mean all GPA does is collect sales data, and shows you that data in “raw” form (listed sales with dates and prices), then show it to you in context of trend (the 30 day, 90 day stuff), but I don’t necessarily think it is skewed, it is what it is, and I think it’s reliable. The problem might be down the road if we end up back on full convention and “let’s go out to eat” mode and we see prices go down in raw data form, but the 90-day data is still calculated within a period of time that the opposite is (was) occurring. That when I think the trend aspect of GPA is going to be as dependable as Charlie Day being the Wildcard on its Always Sunny. I certainly get your point, but for just straight raw sales data, to try to price some out to sell it or buy it, I think GPA is still reliable.

3 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Has something big just been confirmed regarding the Sinister Six for the next Spider-man movie? I had a set of the Return of Sinister Six from Amazing 330s available probably for a few years that just sold with multiple bids.

Google is your friend: https://www.google.com/search?q=Sinister+Six+for+the+next+Spider-man+movie&oq=Sinister+Six+for+the+next+Spider-man+movie&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2 minutes ago, divad said:

Yeah, I used that, but didn't see anything within the last couple of weeks. If people were buying based on news that's a couple weeks old, I figured that the lot would have sold at least a week ago. I assume some people have some inside info and we'll hear something within the next few days.

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Yeah, I used that, but didn't see anything within the last couple of weeks. If people were buying based on news that's a couple weeks old, I figured that the lot would have sold at least a week ago. I assume some people have some inside info and we'll hear something within the next few days.

Sorry, I didn't sort it for you: https://www.google.com/search?q=Sinister+Six+for+the+next+Spider-man+movie&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiBqc7Ex4HuAhUGnZ4KHS3qDE4QpwV6BAgYECE&biw=2343&bih=1191

On 12/31/2020 at 11:50 AM, valiantman said:

Yes - the Marvel Empire Strikes Back illustrated paperback was first.  CGC doesn't grade it (yet), so it doesn't have much "presence" in the marketplace.  MSS #16 is the first Boba Fett, Yoda, and Lando that is CGC graded.

Maybe they do?

Not sure what the page limit may be.

s-l1600.jpg