• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,721 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2020 at 3:58 AM, jdandns said:

Here's mine, and it turned out to be newsstand AND in pretty nice shape!

I'm still racking my brain as to where it came from, but it pretty much has to be from 7-11 or a supermarket, which are the only two places I got retail comics back then.

Luckily, I got it early. No telltale spinner-rack spine tics in sight!

IMG_20201130_0025.jpg

IMG_20201130_0007.jpg

Thought I'd follow up this post to say I sold the above book raw for around $440 and the buyer was happy with it. I'm glad I held on to it. Makes up for about 8 years back, I sold a raw 3 book lot (all 1st prints) of Mirage TMNT 3 (NM+), 4 (NM), and the Raphael Micro (VF) for the princely sum of $53...

On 1/11/2021 at 11:49 AM, ygogolak said:

Mom only let's me out of the basement to get her more foot cream.

What kind do you buy?  I need to get a real estate deal done with some krusty old bag and I've offered to rub her feet....

tenor.gif?itemid=15392958

4 hours ago, jdandns said:

Thought I'd follow up this post to say I sold the above book raw for around $440 and the buyer was happy with it. I'm glad I held on to it. Makes up for about 8 years back, I sold a raw 3 book lot (all 1st prints) of Mirage TMNT 3 (NM+), 4 (NM), and the Raphael Micro (VF) for the princely sum of $53...

I sold my only copy, a high grade newsstand from an original owner collection for $20 ... this was around 2018

Edited by littledoom

1 hour ago, faster friends said:

Scrolling thru ebay yesterday I saw a Ronin #3 I believe in 9.8 up over $400

Wonder what’s up with that?

I don't see that? A CGC 9.6 can be had for $44

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=ronin+3+cgc&_sacat=0&_sop=16&rt=nc

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=ronin+3+cgc&_sacat=0&_sop=16&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

19 hours ago, faster friends said:

Sorry. It was ronin 4

crazy price

A92F037E-7CA7-46FD-AA75-9727F0073086.png

Not crazy at all, just lack of access to these books in this grade for collectors.  Every one of those 6 covers are black, front and back, and thicker cover stock, easy to spot creasing and dings. Only 19 sales on GPA for a 9.8 since 2005.  Issue 6 is the white whale, seems impossible to find. Only 4 sales on GPA (literally one per year) since 2016.

19 hours ago, the blob said:

These issues of "9.8 apples are the same as 9.6 apples" and the "Why does this issue of (insert book) in 9.8 sell for way more than this different issue of (insert book from same title) in 9.8?" seem to really resonate with you for some reason. 

3 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

These issues of "9.8 apples are the same as 9.6 apples" and the "Why does this issue of (insert book) in 9.8 sell for way more than this different issue of (insert book from same title) in 9.8?" seem to really resonate with you for some reason. 

Because I couldn't find anything about a 9.8 selling in the 400s in current or past sales so i don't know where he was seeing that. There was a 9.8 sale in november for $180. who knows what a 9.8 goes for now as they don't come up much, although a 9.6 sitting there at $44 makes me think it would be more around the november sale price

7 minutes ago, the blob said:

Because I couldn't find anything about a 9.8 selling in the 400s in current or past sales so i don't know where he was seeing that. There was a 9.8 sale in november for $180. who knows what a 9.8 goes for now as they don't come up much, although a 9.6 sitting there at $44 makes me think it would be more around the november sale price

GPA has the last sale of Ronin 4 9.8 prior to the one that ended earlier this week being back in 2017.  Can you provide a link to this November, 2020 sale?

4 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

Not crazy at all, just lack of access to these books in this grade for collectors.  Every one of those 6 covers are black, front and back, and thicker cover stock, easy to spot creasing and dings. Only 19 sales on GPA for a 9.8 since 2005.  Issue 6 is the white whale, seems impossible to find. Only 4 sales on GPA (literally one per year) since 2016.

#4 looks like it should be a much tougher cover to keep perfect than #3, which has a lot of white on the spine, but the census #s are about the same for 9.8s, which is interesting because it seems like #4 had a lower print run than #3, at least based on anecdotal dollar box observations where I see lots of 1 and 2, some 3s, and almost never 4 - 6. perhaps more likely to submit a pristine #4 as it is perceived as more valuable (and the very limited ebay sales show it selling for more than 3x as much as #3 in 9.8). It seems like a crazy number, but if you want it and it hardly ever comes up...and none of the 9.6ses up for sale look like they could potentially be pressed into 9.8s

Edited by the blob

1 minute ago, bluehorseshoe said:

GPA has the last sale of Ronin 4 9.8 prior to the one that ended earlier this week being back in 2017.  Can you provide a link to this November, 2020 sale?

I was still looking for #3 because that was what the original post said. #4 did indeed sell for a nice chunk of change. #5 and #6 have also done very well.

12 minutes ago, the blob said:

#4 looks like it should be a much tougher cover to keep perfect than #3, which has a lot of white on the spine, but the census #s are about the same for 9.8s, which is interesting because it seems like #4 had a lower print run than #3, at least based on anecdotal dollar box observations where I see lots of 1 and 2, some 3s, and almost never 4 - 6. perhaps more likely to submit a pristine #4 as it is perceived as more valuable (and the very limited ebay sales show it selling for more than 3x as much as #3 in 9.8). It seems like a crazy number, but if you want it and it hardly ever comes up...and none of the 9.6ses up for sale look like they could potentially be pressed into 9.8s

Same here, 1-3 are common; 4-6 much tougher to find typically. 

IMO, 4-6 raw are a bit soft in price currently. 

Patrick 

16 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Same here, 1-3 are common; 4-6 much tougher to find typically. 

IMO, 4-6 raw are a bit soft in price currently. 

Patrick 

4 and 6 have some killer covers. I'm not sure I've ever seen #6 live.